Revision of Robbery Rules.

4 hours ago, Orpheus49 said:

The issue with that is it takes a lot more time from the admins to just constantly look around the area. It could work if they have the numbers but it seems like it'll take a lotta time from them

No, I’m saying that the robbers have to verify and get admin permission for a admin to also spectate the situation. Like how you have to do if you want to rob a house.

45 minutes ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

Which that could be easily done, like how it’s easily done for house robberies. What’s the difference?

There's simply not enough admins to handle all the reports. At peak hours on the server, there are usually around 700-800 players online. Out of those hundreds of players, only 10-15 are admins on admin-duty, who are available to take reports and spectate home invasions. Most house break-in requests take 30 minutes to an hour (sometimes longer) for an admin to accept your breakin request to spectate the robbery. There just aren't enough admins for the sheer amount of reports coming in. On average, /report has like a 30 minute response time from an admin, it's not instant. Even if your /report is as simple as needing your car respawned, you're still looking at a really long response time because admins are busy with other reports that came in before yours.

House robberies are absolutely not "easily done". At least not the OOC part of it. People are literally being forced to wait hours before they have the permission to break into a house. Can you imagine waiting an hour before you can get an admin to spectate your robbery? By the time the admin gets to your request, your victim will be long gone. 

Currently, any suggestion that involves giving admins more work isn't gonna work. They're already overworked as is. If we made it so you needed admin perms to rob somebody with a vehicle, that'll just give them more work and the entire server will suffer. And it's not as simple as just "hire more admins" either.

Edited by ScarletRose
48 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Have you ever robbed a house lmao

Yes, you make a request. Await for admin approval, the admin comes on the scene, does what’s needed for you to get inside. Spectate the situation.  But I’m saying they should do the same for regular robberies, where people request and they spectate it after accepting. 

What are you questioning? Have you ever robbed a house lmfao?

12 hours ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

Yes, you make a request. Await for admin approval, the admin comes on the scene, does what’s needed for you to get inside. Spectate the situation.  But I’m saying they should do the same for regular robberies, where people request and they spectate it after accepting. 

It is a solution, but unfortunately not really a realistic one. There are limits to what a volunteer administrator team can handle in terms of workload. 

I think the general issue is most robberies occur in the hope of securing high value assets such as guns and most kidnapping takes place to remove the risk of consequences which is a form of power gaming. 

The portrayal in relation to this is always spectacular poor imo and generally takes advantage of server dynamics. I've been robbed in areas that would have a much higher level of footfall irl, but as they are deserted in game they become high risk areas.

Secondly I've been tossed in a car and dumped in a dessert. Not only is this an appalling experience for the victim as it just kills so much time, adding the charge of kidnap to a street mugging is a step further than most people would go irl, but as the consequences are so much worse than they are IG but people conveniently overlook that. 

I've lived in Sandy at the time you couldn't leave your house for gangbangers on dirt bikes rolling up and robbing you. Again this was wilful abuse of the sever dynamics to get to quiet areas with little law enforcement presence and with very low footfall. Walk out the house and they are waiting for you as you have a car outside.  You can't look through the window first due to game limitations.

Who knows, the OP might be better than this, but too many people abused the above points for too long resulting in the rules being created. 

18 hours ago, Necuno said:

I think the general issue is most robberies occur in the hope of securing high value assets such as guns and most kidnapping takes place to remove the risk of consequences which is a form of power gaming. 

The portrayal in relation to this is always spectacular poor imo and generally takes advantage of server dynamics. I've been robbed in areas that would have a much higher level of footfall irl, but as they are deserted in game they become high risk areas.

Secondly I've been tossed in a car and dumped in a dessert. Not only is this an appalling experience for the victim as it just kills so much time, adding the charge of kidnap to a street mugging is a step further than most people would go irl, but as the consequences are so much worse than they are IG but people conveniently overlook that. 

I've lived in Sandy at the time you couldn't leave your house for gangbangers on dirt bikes rolling up and robbing you. Again this was wilful abuse of the sever dynamics to get to quiet areas with little law enforcement presence and with very low footfall. Walk out the house and they are waiting for you as you have a car outside.  You can't look through the window first due to game limitations.

Who knows, the OP might be better than this, but too many people abused the above points for too long resulting in the rules being created. 

“I think the general issue is most robberies occur in the hope of securing high value assets such as guns and most kidnapping takes place to remove the risk of consequences which is a form of power gaming.” Do you understand what powergaming is? Just because someone is trying to get something ICly out of robbery, pretty much making it move isn’t PG. Neither is people kidnapping you to not have risk of getting caught, that’s all IC. That’s basically saying the whole new expectations of the robbery rules now, of making it so people have to do the perfect crime is all PG. Just because there not trying to get caught, dodging a possibility of getting caught isn’t PG either. That’s like saying if they were masks to not get caught is PG. None of that first paragraph of your argument is powergame.

i agree dumping your victim in the desert is stupid, which fits into what I said on how I would it to be portrayed, etc. 

Edited by SLIME ALLEGIANCE
18 hours ago, mj2002 said:

It is a solution, but unfortunately not really a realistic one. There are limits to what a volunteer administrator team can handle in terms of workload. 

Understandable, this is realistic though. This could be put in as another task for administrators, but we don’t know. Because this idea hasn’t been brought to management, which there the only ones that could tell us that if it can work out or not.

I’ll ask for this to be locked and archived, I expected people to not agree. But as this just spiraled out to back in fourth arguments as the arguments are pretty much the same, that’s not getting us anywhere. A lot of my statements was taken out context, some of these posts had nothing to do with this suggestion. Altogether is wack.

Just isn’t needed, honestly. It really all comes down onto what management of the server agrees, I do ask for management to look closely over my suggestion, to make some changes sometime soon.

Edit: had to fix typos.

Edited by SLIME ALLEGIANCE
  • imi locked this topic