Revision of Robbery Rules.

2 hours ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

What’s wrong with kidnapping people to rob them?

Okay lemme answer this. We are supposed to portray life in an american city, instead we are portraying Ukraine mixed with Venezuela. That what people want?

I tell you what I did last time I was kidnapped to be robbed. I was driven outside of town and stripped all good, then I was beaten...which is where I drew the line, cause it was way over 30 mins already and just emoted passing out. I alt tabbed and watch some videos before coming back seeing I was killed and left there. I respawned replaced my phone and forgot about it. Upon returning to city, which I walked...I was robbed again, which is where I decided to simply ignore robberies IC-wise. Also we are already at that point where shooting at car filled with masks is not even deathmatching, cause you know they are going to rob you. However, robbery itself isn't the issue here. The issue is numbers, numbers of gangs existing in the city compared to numbers of players tell us, that every second player is a criminal. Thus Los Santos has higher crime rate than actual Los Angeles. Simply because of player population versus roleplay concepts.

Edited by Engelbert

Portrayal is a huge problem when it comes to criminal roleplay. People turn Davis into Iraq, chicken run into a gun fight to spam Y and loot a body, every 2nd gang roleplayer would try to pimp out every corner girl he sees. On topic, it’s rare to see someone performing a realistic stick up or a run up robbery. Most of the time it looks like Brazil or Venezuela, when three masked dudes put a random person in a car to rob him. Or two dudes riding around masked on a bike, looking for a lacking target. El Burro, Davis, Vespucci or even Downtown - they wouldn’t give a damn.

This is where IFM and RPQM need to step in and people need to start reporting this type of roleplay and not ignore it.

Edited by Dreams & Nightmares
2 hours ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

What’s wrong with kidnapping people to rob them?

Simply put, it's not fun for the victim (ooc-wise specifically). 

I experienced a few of those awful kidnapping robberies way back around December when it was basically the robbery meta. Regular robberies are cool, I'm completely okay with a regular mugging on the street where I get robbed in 5 minutes, lose some minor items, and it's over. It's good RP for the most part. Kidnapping robberies on the other hand are just absolutely torture in comparison. 

You let me know if this following example seems like something you'd enjoy roleplaying:

You're walking down the street when a car pulls up to you. Before you can react, you're being forced into the car at gunpoint. You're now being driven out into the middle of nowhere in the county (not just around the corner, literally out to the middle of nowhere in the mountains.). After 15 minutes of driving around, you're finally dropped off miles and miles away from the city in the middle of the mountains. You're then finally robbed and stripped of all of your items and your kidnappers proceed to beat you up and borderline commit torture rp on your character for another 30-40 minutes or until they get bored (I've heard from some friends where they spent almost 2 hours time forced into one of these kidnapping robberies). Finally when your kidnappers get bored, they either kill you or if you're really unlucky, they proceed to break one of your legs and leave you out the middle of the mountains, 5 miles from the city, no phone, no money, and your character is also half beaten to death. Now you're forced to essentially crawl/limp your way back to the city, or to the nearest phone store so you can call an ambulance and get back on your feet, literally.

2 days later, before you even fully recovered from your beating, the same exact thing happens and you're forced into yet another 2 hour RP where you literally can't do anything but RP your character getting beaten to death in the mountains. Is this something you'd be interesting in RP'ing multiple times a week? Because remember, this was the robbery meta. Everyone was doing kidnap robberies.

I think you get my point by now. Kidnapping robberies are not fun. Both IC and OOC, it's not fun. You're being forced into possibly hours of "RP" where you get kidnapped and tortured literally for just $100 in your character's wallet. And it happens multiple times a week if you get unlucky and find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's not fun.

Just now, ScarletRose said:

I experienced a few of those awful kidnapping robberies way back around December when it was basically the robbery meta. Regular robberies are cool, I'm completely okay with a regular mugging on the street where I get robbed in 5 minutes, lose some minor items, and it's over. It's good RP for the most part. Kidnapping robberies on the other hand are just absolutely torture in comparison. 

You let me know if this following example seems like something you'd enjoy roleplaying:

You're walking down the street when a car pulls up to you. Before you can react, you're being forced into the car at gunpoint. You're now being driven out into the middle of nowhere in the county (not just around the corner, literally out to the middle of nowhere in the mountains.). After 15 minutes of driving around, you're finally dropped off miles and miles away from the city in the middle of the mountains. You're then finally robbed and stripped of all of your items and your kidnappers proceed to beat you up and borderline commit torture rp on your character for another 30-40 minutes or until they get bored (I've heard from some friends where they spent almost 2 hours time forced into one of these kidnapping robberies). Finally when your kidnappers get bored, they either kill you or if you're really unlucky, they proceed to break one of your legs and leave you out the middle of the mountains, 5 miles from the city, no phone, no money, and your character is also half beaten to death. Now you're forced to essentially crawl/limp your way back to the city, or to the nearest phone store so you can call an ambulance and get back on your feet, literally.

2 days later, before you even fully recovered from your beating, the same exact thing happens and you're forced into yet another 2 hour RP where you literally can't do anything but RP your character getting beaten to death in the mountains. Is this something you'd be interesting in RP'ing multiple times a week? Because remember, this was the robbery meta. Everyone was doing kidnap robberies.

I think you get my point by now. Kidnapping robberies are not fun. Both IC and OOC, it's not fun. You're being forced into possibly hours of "RP" where you get kidnapped and tortured literally for just $100 in your character's wallet. And it happens multiple times a week if you get unlucky and find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's not fun.

I second this. But I think requirements for gangs should be a certain amount of hours. And a clean report rep. I think those are good keys to better gang rp. It will put the players into check that there lack of roleplay will cost them losing access to factioned gangs. I hope that makes sense.

27 minutes ago, Motion777 said:

I second this. But I think requirements for gangs should be a certain amount of hours. And a clean report rep. I think those are good keys to better gang rp. It will put the players into check that there lack of roleplay will cost them losing access to factioned gangs. I hope that makes sense.

It won’t work the way you think it will. Any legal rper with a clean record would start a faction and show a terrible portrayal, because they have no knowledge of LA gangs. Will they break rules? Probably not. Will it be fun for other illegal roleplayers? No, it won’t be.

1 hour ago, ScarletRose said:

Dude, this is the type of kidnapping robberies happens when it was allowed? LMFAO, you have to be trolling. But if your serious, yeah obviously I don’t mean this as kidnapping robberies. I mean for it be all be roleplay realistically.

• imi locked this topic