SCHOOL RP (High School RP In South central)

The taker

Hello there GTA World community I have been a long lasting member of the illegal faction RP and the South Central Rp as you know in GTAW there’s already school roleplay but only university. I was wondering if High school roleplay could become a thing in the server in the south central roleplay area. If you do so have good rules for people to people to enjoy and have fun the school roleplay in south central. As you know a few things have been added to south central to increase the roleplay and If high school roleplay was a thing in the south central area many more illegal faction roleplayers can have more fun. I’m pretty sure same person who did the ULSA mapping can do the high school mapping. Having a Rancho, Davis, Carson or even innonce High would add so much roleplay to the south central scene instead of just npcing school fights and going to school. I promise you guys having this high school roleplay in south central can build so much roleplay for both legal and illegal factions. I’m begging you guys take this into consideration to have high school roleplay in south central.

We're aware that constructing a high school in Davis might create issues, but on the other hand /some/ crime still has to happen to allow the illegal community around to flourish. We decided to allow some illegal activities (within limits, and a huge no on anything sexual or that involves firearms), and those who join will need to submit an application and maintain the roleplay standards we set forth.

Also a quoute. IFM should really give this a chance and have limits like the above don’t come on the thread just to shit on roleplay wise with illegal rpers.

Considering how Davis is the area with the highest amount of teenagers, and a good part of them roleplays their daily life I think this high school is a wonderful idea. It is only fair to be honest considering that there are more high school teenagers than college-pursuing-adults both IG & IRL, so better late than never. I've seen High Schools on various SAMP communities and they were a strong pillar for the sub-urban gang faction characters development I want to start off saying that the point of this thread is to see how may people would be on board for High school RP in general along with gaining new ideas on how to make this happen. With ULSA becoming a successful faction for college RP it has shown that the community is able to create such an experience if given the time and resources to do so but, due to it being a college and doesn't really cater/appeal to people who RP poverty while in Davis which would make Highschool a perfect for this situation.  

Time: The schooling hours isn't such a problem as people think as the classes can be set to begin around the prime hours of GTA:W to cater to as many rpers as possible. 

Transportation: This would be handled within the faction until someone feels like creating or reviving GTA:W bus job. Until then each character would have to fine there own means of transportation to the Highschool rather it be by BMX, Car, walking or simply calling a taxi. 

Ages: The Highschool would cater to the ages of 14-18. 

I honestly don't think its impossible to create something like this, of course its going to take a little time but I wouldn't mind taking the time to do so. If anyone can point out anything I didn't cover I will gladly add it to be able to create not only something I would like to see but something the community would like to see.  To revive what a previous thread writer said you guys can’t say it won’t work until you try it.

Edited by The taker
Just now, The taker said:

I want to start off saying that the point of this thread is to see how may people would be on board for High school RP in general along with gaining new ideas on how to make this happen. With ULSA becoming a successful faction for college RP it has shown that the community is able to create such an experience if given the time and resources to do so but, due to it being a college and doesn't really cater/appeal to people who RP poverty while in Davis which would make Highschool a perfect for this situation.  

Time: The schooling hours isn't such a problem as people think as the classes can be set to begin around the prime hours of GTA:W to cater to as many rpers as possible. 

Transportation: This would be handled within the faction until someone feels like creating or reviving GTA:W bus job. Until then each character would have to fine there own means of transportation to the Highschool rather it be by BMX, Car, walking or simply calling a taxi. 

Ages: The Highschool would cater to the ages of 14-18. 

I honestly don't think its impossible to create something like this, of course its going to take a little time but I wouldn't mind taking the time to do so. If anyone can point out anything I didn't cover I will gladly add it to be able to create not only something I would like to see but something the community would like to see.  To revive what a previous thread writer said you guys can’t say it won’t work until you try it.

Credits to blast

It would be a great addition for South Central. It would have to be heavily regulated though because of the amount of trollers on this server. Would need to have an admin supervision during every class. Plus shootings would have to be prohibited on and around school premises. It might be successful but it also might turn into a big shit-fest. 

29 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Many proposed, always with the same faith. I suggest talking to ULSA about how this could work.

I don't think ULSA should be the best example. Those are full fledged adults and also U-L-S-A in it's current state is not as great as it was during its initial release, and I've formed this opinion (agreed upon even by people inside ULSA) after hearing loads and loads of shit in there, but ignoring the possible poor quality roleplay that could be going on, as I'm not going to entirely say they are ass because I haven't roleplayed there, those are full fledge adults that can do a lot more (and different) then a highschool concept.

This would have to be heavily managed by people within IFM, LFM and over server management due to the amount of people that would migrate over there, like the nasty rule 19 breaking dudes and the people who have no clue how to roleplay minors, It'd also have to have a good and dedicated team of staff that actually care about starting it up and making it realistic and fun. This would heavily help us folk over at South Central Community get South Central roleplay on its feet, that is only if it is HEAVILY regulated and extremely strict.

Edited by ZaE

Wish the server as a whole was ready for something like this, but I couldn't be more against this idea as it is today. @ZaE outlined a lot of the reasons as to why. I won't get into any of the obvious risks with the rules so often flouted on this server as many more will instead, be it concerns about minor roleplay and themes or the poor-taste roleplay that might come about with guns, school and mass shootings.

Other reasons would include a lack of people to teach/work in these schools to make it a real rule-based, strict school environment that is regulated by adult characters and not at the mercy and whim of 16 year old characters to determine how it operates, or doesn't operate. Already, Davis and Rancho are run like this, where adults and communities outside of gangs or periphery to gangs are seldom considered in roleplay - that I've seen - and it's like they do not exist, particularly when it comes to violence and culpability.

Classes would not be regular if they happen much at all and it would essentially become a prop hangout for people in South Central, which I believe the imagination can manage as it stands. If you meet another character going to Davis High, why not just PM them and work out how long they've known one another and build up a background together? I don't know why more people don't do that, period. It would build bridges between street gangs at low levels or dissolve them and provide a great springboard for roleplay from the off.