A Roleplay that you'll never forget

SergeantHashem

My own and @Degu's characters started off as rival photographers and became colleagues over time.

I remember snitching on him to the cops on a fire scene we were documenting, I tried to make it seem like he was a suspect.

We then went to a bunch more fires and saw each other. Then at one of the fires he said "Do we have a kid together?" And I was initially confused until he followed up with the punchline of "Cause we always get together to see ar-son"

Comedic genius.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I had once roleplayed as a married Armenian around 45 years old with a desire to collect cigars and launder money. I had people under me executing my plans while I was using my connections to form more branches. It was a faction called American Dream, on another server, where people, from different backgrounds, decided to unite to create the most prominent criminal organization in Los Santos. I was introduced to them as a talented artist when it came to my ways of laundering money and I had a reputation for discretion and also for the executions in which I took part. A case was opened but never finished with Zhirayr, the character's name, being a feared man that could end anybody in a second. That was the best roleplay I ever did, having that kind of power and respect while making decisions that positively impacted the faction. 

A very, VERY old character I had another server is one that I regularly recall and mention as my most FAVORITE character. The reason I say this is because I have never been into a character whole heartedly until that one and honestly have not since that character. I did not play that character for very long regretably so, but I think about it often tbh.

The reason this character was my favorite was because I genuinely took the time to really sit down, think about, plan how this character would act, his mentality, and personality in general. I played this character a time when I was putting a LOT of time into roleplaying. Countless hours even. I felt that this character was a complete contrast to my normal, real life personality, but yet it felt so easy to roleplay. 

This particular character was a young, impovershed, aggressive, and very quick to fight kind of person. Almost at the drop of a hat or slightest sign of disrespect towards him or someone he cared about he would not hesitate to fight. He never got to the point in his development where he used firearms, but he definitely fought a LOT. Whether it be with his neighborhood homies and their internal beef, but especially those that he did not like and deemed enemies.

I was so into this character and played it so much that the lines of my roleplaying and my real life mentality started to shift. There would be times and situations that I would find myself in in real life where I would start thinking how my character would react and even times where I had to mentally catch myself and remind myself that I am not roleplaying and I cannot react how this particular character would.

It's kind of scary to think about, but it also amazes me how involved and into this character I was.