Modify the Crime Restriction Rules - Port of Los Santos

Crime Restrictions - Port of Los Santos  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the most recent rule additions for restricted crime zones, the entire Port of Los Santos has been zoned as an area where muggings can not occur.

I currently serve as the leader of the San Andreas Port Authority, where a large chunk of our roleplay revolves around security, customs and rule/safety enforcement at the port. There are a plethora of blind spots at the port not covered by CCTV or any monitoring systems, and it should be fair to say that people can most definitely commit petty crime in these areas. This rule change was done without any consultation with our faction or any security factions present at the port (Bobcat, Groupe Six, other contractors etc.) 

The only area that should most definitely be considered a restricted zone is the Jetsam Terminal itself and possibly the IMEX Logistics lot. Reasons being is that the Jetsam Terminal is the Headquarters of the Port Authority and also the main shipping/receiving area at the port, it would be the most heavily protected spot at the Port. IMEX's lot is right beside the Port Authority's maintenance office directly in plain view, so naturally if there was crime occurring there it wouldn't go unnoticed however I assume this will be wildly up for debate. The main bread and butter should be making the terminal itself a restricted zone.

The rule has put a damper on security-focused activities at the port for both private security companies and SAPA itself. I believe it should be reverted for these reasons as it encourages more activity at the port while also providing a balance for certain areas that realistically, no one would commit open crime in, while also not playing too much into hyperrealism.

7oCVOHT.png

Edited by NexusExodus
  • Upvote 3

You are the practically the king of the Port of Los Santos. As far as I'm concerned, your word is law.

I think allowing crimes across the entire area of the port is a better option than what we currently have, though I don't see why the IMEX lot should get special protections compared to other logistics companies based on at the port.

Edited by shaqr
4 minutes ago, shaqr said:

You are the practically the king of the Port of Los Santos. As far as I'm concerned, your word is law.

I think allowing crimes across the entire area of the port is a better option than what we currently have, though I don't see why the IMEX lot should get special protections compared to other logistics companies based on at the port.

It just has to do with the vicinity of how close their lot is to a SAPA building. 

@NexusExodus The terminal should be restricted for sure. The main shipping/receiving port of the entire city would realistically be protected at all time. Other areas? I’m not so sure about. As annoying as it is sometimes to get people driving around IMEX causing nuisance, it does provide RP for everyone. Being that it’s so close to SAPA’s building, I can also see why it would make sense to have it restricted as well. 

Remember these new rules do not inhibit anyone in an illegal faction. Bospy made sure of that. I’m not sure if that’s a misunderstanding or not with illegal factions, but they could continue as usual without any restrictions. It’s only the one and done idiots they are trying to prevent. 

Edited by Cypher99
3 minutes ago, Cypher99 said:

@NexusExodus The terminal should be restricted for sure. The main shipping/receiving port of the entire city would realistically be protected at all time. Other areas? I’m not so sure about. As annoying as it is sometimes to get people driving around IMEX causing nuisance, it does provide RP for everyone. Being that it’s so close to SAPA’s building, I can also see why it would make sense to have it restricted as well. 

Remember these new rules do not inhibit anyone in an illegal faction. Bospy made sure of that. I’m not sure if that’s a misunderstanding or not with illegal factions, but they could continue as usual without any restrictions. It’s only the one and done idiots they are trying to prevent. 

We like to keep things inclusive. We don't care if you're part of a faction or not when it comes to RP at the docks. Everyone is welcomed for the kind of schemes they want to pull.