Modify the Crime Restriction Rules - Port of Los Santos

Crime Restrictions - Port of Los Santos  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Shokkoth said:

Why is there only an option to restrict IMEX? What about other businesses and companies that operate in the port right down the road from IMEX, why do you think they should not be restricted in any way? Doesn't really seem fair at all to apply a rule for one company but not the rest in the exact same area.

Their property is attached directly to a Port Authority building, meaning crimes directly outside of the building could be seen by SAPA staff. 

1 minute ago, NexusExodus said:

Many spots in this server should be an area for absolutely all crime is forbidden, realistically speaking.

If you consider getting robbed ICly an OOC point of suffering then our discussion ends here (so as long as the roleplay is up to par). This argument does not apply solely to truckers, it applies to everyone and everything at the port. I think anyone who gets robbed, given the circumstances and roleplay behind it is legitimate, should deal with it in-character, including me, that is in no way selfish whatsoever and I fail to see your logic. 

Getting robbed is an in-character issue. There is several factions dedicated to providing security at the port, both private, LEO and government. This rule several hinders and dampens their purpose and prescience at the port. 

The Port of LS has hundreds of blind spots and areas where you can easily be robbed. It's not a perfect spot. There are times of day where activity is much higher in certain areas than others. The only area that should be fully restricted in terms of realism is the terminal, since it's an entire security checkpoint where you're subject to constant monitoring, searches, ID checks and so on. 

There's absolutely zero reason to restrict it, restricting it does more harm than good to several major factions. I strive to make the port inclusive for everyone, whether you're legal, illegal, in a faction or a lone wolf, so as long as your roleplay is up to par. The only area that would be 100% monitored IRL 24/7 is the main shipping terminal. I constantly visit a major shipping port in my city IRL in my line of work, and I can attest there are a plethora of blind spots everywhere you go to commit petty crimes. Much of our leadership works in the logistics industry, are port workers and port security IRL, all of whom can attest to this. 

I'm not telling anyone to "Take the L" I'm telling people to deal with legitimate in-character issues in-character, there's nothing selfish about that. If you get robbed at a blind spot, what can you do? Report it to the police or port security and we'll keep an eye out for you. We actively follow and investigate situations like these since its the purpose of our faction. It is a realistic solution, it's not a perfect solution but neither is completely restricting petty/spontaneous crime. 

I don't want to be that guy, but first of all... This poll is super biased, it has no option to keep things the way they are. Only an option that benefits your narrative. Secondly, if you as an OOC player who plays a virtual game knows of the blindspots and all the risky areas where robberies could occur? Then your bad ass security character should DEFINITELY know about this. The fact they don't do anything about it tells me a lot about the people roleplaying in this area, not trying to be a dick? But this doesn't benefit anyone, it's just straight up bait.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Grace ♡ said:

IMEX would only be included due to how it's right next to a SAPA building; it's not a matter of bias. However, it seems most people based on the poll like the idea for only the terminal and main quarters to be restricted - which does seem more fair.

The offroad/RV vehicle rental is also right next to a SAPA building yet it's not included in the poll. 

If you're going to say that a relatively small parking lot separates it from the SAPA building then one could argue that the walls surrounding the SAPA building prevent people from seeing what's going on at IMEX - not to mention the size of IMEX - you'd have no idea what's going on at the back of the building, or on the side, between the trucks.

1 minute ago, Martyn said:

I don't want to be that guy, but first of all... This poll is super biased, it has no option to keep things the way they are. Only an option that benefits your narrative. Secondly, if you as an OOC player who plays a virtual game knows of the blindspots and all the risky areas where robberies could occur? Then your bad ass security character should DEFINITELY know about this. The fact they don't do anything about it tells me a lot about the people roleplaying in this area, not trying to be a dick? But this doesn't benefit anyone, it's just straight up bait.

I'll add an option for you, it completely escaped me to do so, you're right. 

Your attitude is horrible but I'll respond anyways. Our security teams fully cover the port, but there are areas covered more frequently than others, and areas where there is practically zero reoccurring activity. We have set patrol routes and sectors to be covered each day in daily patrols, and areas that are checked with less frequency given what I said previously. There's no bait here, there's only benefit. 

If you consider getting robbed ICly and OOC issue then there's nothing really to be discussed here tbh.

1 minute ago, Shokkoth said:

The offroad/RV vehicle rental is also right next to a SAPA building yet it's not included in the poll. 

If you're going to say that a relatively small parking lot separates it from the SAPA building then one could argue that the walls surrounding the SAPA building prevent people from seeing what's going on at IMEX - not to mention the size of IMEX - you'd have no idea what's going on at the back of the building, or on the side, between the trucks.

The RV lot is less visible from the SAPA office, this was factored in when the map was being drawn up.

1 minute ago, Martyn said:

Most areas of the port are private lots and aren't accessible to the faction, not to mention that it would be simply impossible to permanently monitor all blind-spots.

It benefits the San Andreas Port Authority and security companies that are contracted by private lots, it benefits illegal role-players, I fail to see your point that it doesn't help anyone's RP experience? It's not a matter of hurting truckers, as long as they can't get jumped where they're loading their vehicles they should rarely get mugged.

Your attitude is totally toxic though bud, 'bad ass security character', what? Grow up.

• Applaud 1
6 minutes ago, NexusExodus said:

The RV lot is less visible from the SAPA office, this was factored in when the map was being drawn up.

I would say IMEX and the RV lot are visible about the same from the SAPA lot.

RV rental direction:

MIfJweB.jpeg

IMEX direction:
289aJf9.jpeg

IMEX from directly outside the main office, where nobody usually stands from what I saw:

PCSd5JD.jpeg

Edited by Shokkoth
8 minutes ago, Shokkoth said:

I would say IMEX at the RV lot are visible about the same.

RV rental direction:

MIfJweB.jpeg

IMEX direction:
289aJf9.jpeg

IMEX from directly outside the main office, where nobody usually stands from what I saw:

PCSd5JD.jpeg

The building is equipped with second floor level CCTV, which would be often or constantly monitored. Meaning the vast majority of the publicly viewable portion of the IMEX lot would be viewable, i.e their employee parking and a good chunk of their fleet area. This is honestly up for debate though. 

I don't think the IMEX lot would be accepted as a restricted zone, but I only added it in there as a fair possibility given its viewable position from the maintenance office. The terminal itself should absolutely be restricted.

Edited by NexusExodus
6 minutes ago, NexusExodus said:

The building is equipped with second floor level CCTV, which would be often or constantly monitored. Meaning the vast majority of the publicly viewable portion of the IMEX lot would be viewable, i.e their employee parking and a good chunk of their fleet area. This is honestly up for debate though. 

I don't think the IMEX lot would be accepted as a restricted zone, but I only added in there as a fair possibility given its viewable position from the maintenance office. The terminal itself should absolutely be restricted.

Which means there is no reason not to include the RV rental due to the fact that like you said there are exterior CCTV cameras operating on the second floor.

The second floor of the SAPA building is higher than the metal fence surrounding the back of the RV lot, meaning it could be monitored just as easily as IMEX.

Edited by Shokkoth

I personally think any kind of restriction of crime is essentially ruining RP, in real life crime still happens in places guarded by security and cctv… Just very rare, if it meant that in the terminal area you should have to have administrative approval, so be it but an all together ban on crime is just, like stated above, ruining rp for SAPA and even for Truckers themselves. For instance if a guy wanting to steal a truck is following a trucker and the truck enters the port, are they meant to just stop following them as loitering and stalking is considered a crime? 

• Applaud 1