Modify the Crime Restriction Rules - Port of Los Santos

Crime Restrictions - Port of Los Santos  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, NexusExodus said:

We like to keep things inclusive. We don't care if you're part of a faction or not when it comes to RP at the docks. Everyone is welcomed for the kind of schemes they want to pull.

Except that benefits only you. The idiots that harassed truckers for no reason at a busy shipping port make truckers RP suffer. Frankly I think that’s selfish. It’s not good RP for truckers, sorry to say. Plus these rules help the port specifically when SAPA isn’t around. I play mainly in the early morning when no one from SAPA is usually online and thus would revert it right back to the problems. At least through factions, there’s an accountability process with its players. There’s nothing stopping them from committing crime down there. 

Edited by Cypher99
3 minutes ago, Cypher99 said:

Except that benefits only you. The idiots that harassed truckers for no reason at a busy shipping port make truckers RP suffer. Frankly I think that’s selfish. It’s not good RP for truckers, sorry to say. Plus these rules help the port specifically when SAPA isn’t around. I play mainly in the early morning when no one from SAPA is usually online and thus would revert it right back to the problems. At least through factions, there’s an accountability process with its players. There’s nothing stopping them from committing crime down there. 

Agree to disagree. I think any roleplay interaction is beneficial, I don't see myself getting robbed as something negative OOC, I just take it ICly and take the loss. Law enforcement is always available almost 24/7 too. SAPA is just the first line of defense.

Edited by NexusExodus
3 minutes ago, NexusExodus said:

Agree to disagree. I think any roleplay interaction is beneficial, I don't see myself getting robbed as something negative OOC, I just take it ICly and take the loss. 

“Truckers should just deal with it and take the loss, we want more RP.”

Got it. Agree to disagree. Good luck with your discussion. 

@NexusExodus EDIT: Law enforcement is most certainly not available 24/7. Obviously you don’t play those hours or you would understand that. Plenty of my times we have called 911 in the morning with ZERO response. That is entirely inaccurate. 

Edited by Cypher99
Just now, Cypher99 said:

“Truckers should just deal with it and take the loss, we want more RP.”

Got it. Agree to disagree. Good luck with your discussion. 

If the situation you're robbed in is roleplayed correctly and realistically, I don't see the issue. I'm a 100% legal roleplayer myself and always take these situations in-character. If the cops don't get there in time, what am I supposed to do really? Truckers are targeted for robbery, that's just sort of the standard in the server, being in a faction doesn't really provide any of which you stated. 

4 minutes ago, NexusExodus said:

If the situation you're robbed in is roleplayed correctly and realistically, I don't see the issue. I'm a 100% legal roleplayer myself and always take these situations in-character. If the cops don't get there in time, what am I supposed to do really? Truckers are targeted for robbery, that's just sort of the standard in the server, being in a faction doesn't really provide any of which you stated. 

What robbery is realistic at what would be a busy shipping port? Look up the numbers to crime at the port of Los Santos. It doesn’t happen. Is this one of those convenient areas where we forego realism just for your benefit? Sounds one-sided but alright. Screw everyone else, right? You do you ✌️

2020-lapp-annual-crime-statistics

Edited by Cypher99
4 minutes ago, Cypher99 said:

What robbery is realistic at what would be a busy shipping port? Look up the numbers to crime at the port of Los Santos. It doesn’t happen. Is this one of those convenient areas where we forego realism just for your benefit? Sounds one-sided but alright. You do you ✌️

2020-lapp-annual-crime-statistics

You're looking too much into it. I commented about hyperrealism in the main thread. We're a faction that exists with a focus to provide blue collar roleplay and tackle crime at the port. If you restrict crime at the port, that then dampens roleplay for several factions at the port and defeats their purpose being there, including mine. 

Keeping this rule in place does indeed hurt several well established factions, this is why I suggested the zone being shrunk to the main terminal itself. You do you ✌️

Edited by NexusExodus

It’s not hyper realism. It’s common sense. A bustling shipping port does not get crime in the sense that you want. Arguing on those merits basically says that you would rather truckers suffer for the benefit of your RP. It’s fine. I get it, but it’s wrong. Telling an entire group to just “take the L” is purely selfish. There is no reason anyone in a criminal faction can’t come down there and commit crime, business as usual. There are a lot of factions. If you have to rely on the poorly portrayed idiots outside of factions to bring you RP, that says something about you. Not everyone else. Hell, might as well let the crime free zones go as well because it would bring more RP for everyone right?

Let’s also mention that the restrictions only apply to robberies and muggings. There’s nothing barring ANY other crime from there. Ill leave it at that and we will agree to disagree. 

@NexusExodus I think we may have misunderstood each other. We agree on the same thing. I agree to restrict JUST the port terminal and leave the rest of it open. That was my main concern anyways and what I was talking about in terms of crime. Just the port terminal, not the entirety of Elysian Island. It’s a good compromise. SAPA still has plenty of area to patrol. Everyone gets out happy. 

Edited by Cypher99

Why is there only an option to restrict IMEX? What about other businesses and companies that operate in the port right down the road from IMEX, why do you think they should not be restricted in any way? Doesn't really seem fair at all to apply a rule for one company but not the rest in the exact same area.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Shokkoth said:

Why is there only an option to restrict IMEX? What about other businesses and companies that operate in the port right down the road from IMEX, why do you think they should not be restricted in any way? Doesn't really seem fair at all to apply a rule for one company but not the rest in the exact same area.

IMEX would only be included due to how it's right next to a SAPA building; it's not a matter of bias. However, it seems most people based on the poll like the idea for only the terminal and main quarters to be restricted - which does seem more fair.

• Upvote 1
56 minutes ago, Cypher99 said:

It’s not hyper realism. It’s common sense. A bustling shipping port does not get crime in the sense that you want. Arguing on those merits basically says that you would rather truckers suffer for the benefit of your RP. It’s fine. I get it, but it’s wrong. Telling an entire group to just “take the L” is purely selfish. There is no reason anyone in a criminal faction can’t come down there and commit crime, business as usual. There are a lot of factions. If you have to rely on the poorly portrayed idiots outside of factions to bring you RP, that says something about you. Not everyone else. Hell, might as well let the crime free zones go as well because it would bring more RP for everyone right?

Let’s also mention that the restrictions only apply to robberies and muggings. There’s nothing barring ANY other crime from there. Ill leave it at that and we will agree to disagree. 

@NexusExodus I think we may have misunderstood each other. I think we agree on the same thing. I agree to restrict JUST the port terminal and leave the rest of it open. That was my main concern anyways. It’s a good compromise. SAPA still has plenty of area to patrol. Everyone gets out happy. 

Many areas in this server should be an area where absolutely all crime is forbidden, realistically speaking.

If you consider getting robbed ICly an OOC point of suffering then our discussion ends here (so as long as the roleplay is up to par). This argument does not apply solely to truckers, it applies to everyone and everything at the port. I think anyone who gets robbed, given the circumstances and roleplay behind it is legitimate, should deal with it in-character, including me, that is in no way selfish whatsoever and I fail to see your logic. 

Getting robbed is an in-character issue. There is several factions dedicated to providing security at the port, both private, LEO and government. This rule several hinders and dampens their purpose and prescience at the port. 

The Port of LS has hundreds of blind spots and areas where you can easily be robbed. It's not a perfect spot. There are times of day where activity is much higher in certain areas than others. The only area that should be fully restricted in terms of realism is the terminal, since it's an entire security checkpoint where you're subject to constant monitoring, searches, ID checks and so on. 

There's absolutely zero reason to restrict it, restricting it does more harm than good to several major factions. I strive to make the port inclusive for everyone, whether you're legal, illegal, in a faction or a lone wolf, so as long as your roleplay is up to par. The only area that would be 100% monitored IRL 24/7 is the main shipping terminal. I constantly visit a major shipping port in my city IRL in my line of work, and I can attest there are a plethora of blind spots everywhere you go to commit petty crimes. Much of our leadership works in the logistics industry, are port workers and port security IRL, all of whom can attest to this. 

I'm not telling anyone to "Take the L" I'm telling people to deal with legitimate in-character issues in-character, there's nothing selfish about that. If you get robbed at a blind spot, what can you do? Report it to the police or port security and we'll keep an eye out for you. We actively follow and investigate situations like these since its the purpose of our faction. It is a realistic solution, it's not a perfect solution but neither is completely restricting petty/spontaneous crime. 

Edited by NexusExodus