Playing While Drunk

Pan Grama

So I'm not gonna excuse myself right now, but I'm just back from the pub and I'm pretty fucking drunk.

I got home and I had the idea to log in and have a bit of a drive around on my character cos I'm digging GTAW right now..

I log in and /vget my vehicle and go for a drive.

Almost straight away I realise that I'm far too drunk to drive and turn around and drive back to my parking spot to /vpark it cos I'm bollocksed.

I log out and then it hits me. My typing, right now, is terrible. This is taking me fucking minutes to type and then re-read to fix my mistakes. No way am I capable of RP typeing in real-time.

So how would this translate into role-play. If a cop had caught me driving like I was and pulled me over, I would not have been able to RP cos it's taking me so long to type right now.

What rules am I breaking?

Does my character get arrested for being drunk? Or do I personally get A-Jailed for OOC?

No rules are broken, technically. It just falls under Common Courtesy being drunk in-game will lead you to break further rules like non-rp actions, driving terribly and so on.

If you can keep yourself together while you're intoxicated you shouldn't have an issue.

For the record, It's ADVISED that you do NOT play while intoxicated.

I actually had an experience like this when I was on LS-RP. 

It happened, nine shots of Tequila later after getting back into my hotel room after a New Years Party. I had the brilliant idea of logging into LS-RP because I was still stimulated from all the alcohol.

So I'm like trying to role-play serious, I have no problem typing, but I decided to play the role of comedian. 

Basically long story short, I'm being fucking hilarious, and I ninja-jacked some taxi driver and drove around my complex for like 3 minutes, until I got banned for General Non-RP for a few weeks. 

Don't play drunk kids!

----

EDIT: I actually played drunk on here too, I drove my Pfister all around someone's backyard during a huge event. I remember @Kotakept despawning it, and me just /vget'ing it again. I logged off the server and logged back on with a 30 minute ajail that I have YET to serve to this day, and this happened in February! :lol:

So, the only time I'm playing when alcohol is involved is when I'm only having a few glasses of wine on a weekend night where I want to nook inside of my house and play video games instead of going out. 

I ALWAYS recommend playing after a fat blunt though, completely opposite effect. I'll stop at the red-lights in GTA Online.

Edited by Kimberly
  • Upvote 2

I think it comes down to the individual themselves really and the level of drunk they are. I've played when I've had a few too many drinks before but I've been able to RP and know what was going on and if I couldn't RP I wouldn't be online. If you want to drive about or play GTA while drunk and don't want to compromise your player or position on the server there's always single player? It may seem annoying at the time but atleast you can wake up in the morning and know you haven't done anything stupid lol. 

I strongly doubt we'll add a rule that says "Dont be drunk!". In the end your responsible for your account and characters, if you get ajailed or baned as a result of being "drunk" then I don't see that as a valid argument to appeal.

• Upvote 1

When I first played while "intoxicated" (hishasf) I gave all my stuff away because I thought I'd get banned for being a bad rper, lol.

now its all chill ha, couldn't imagine playing while drunk though, that's a whole new level of motor-skill retardation I can't handle while playing :D

I drive bad enough when I'm sober in game never mind when I'm drunk. I do remember going on LS-RP when I was off my fucking tree though and I ended up going to a strip club and trolled for like an hour straight before getting admin jailed for "finding rule breaking funny." In my defence, it was pretty fucking funny...

While I don't advise getting plastered, having a couple of drinks when your character does can help you feel immersed, as too often some will have many drinks and can't quite capture the proper actions, or moods for a drunk character.

• Upvote 1

I've played while high and drunk

except for all the typos its lit

10/10 would recommend

personally i think there should be some type of mercy on drunk or high players cuz

its like, you dont think about the fact that ur high or drunk

not a complete skip-over the rules but if they for example do something wrong minor like

start talking OOC in /B just kick them and say "You're too drunk to play" etc especially

if they tell you they're drunk

Edited by cracked