Move the hotspot from Mirror Park to Vespucci

Pascal

Vespucci Hotspot  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Move the hotspot to Vespucci?

• Yes, move the hotspot to Vespucci, but keep the NPC businesses in Mirror Park scripted
    • Yes, move the hotspot to Vespucci, but descript the NPC businesses in Mirror Park
    • No, keep the hotspot in Mirror Park

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Sammux said:

Del Perro

IMO if this suggestion were to go through, the NPC business should get scripted in Vespucci, and players can buy up businesses in Del Perro if they like. Vespucci has much better spots to hang around at, whereas the Del Perro area has a lot of main roads where it wouldn't make sense for players to pull up on. Del Perro's definitely nice, but there's a lot of 'useless buildings', skyscrapers etc.

2 minutes ago, Froge said:

I don't think it's an admin decision it's more of a community/player decision.

Like I mentioned above - look what happened when Paleto was initially announced - loads of people saw the OOC announcement and through hype bought up properties and hung out there for a while. If Vespucci was officially recognised as a new hotspot, I reckon the same hype would apply, but people would stick around due to it only being a short distance away, and still within the city limits. 

Guest RydHood

Moving to Vespucci would definitely allow for more of a range of RP compared to the limit of Mirror Park. Plus the beach atmosphere already encourages more roleplay and community than just a parking lot near a small park with a lake.

I can most certainly agree with all of the points that you've mentioned in the suggestion and I believe it'd be far more beneficial to script in Vespucci rather than keeping it empty. It allows not only a wider range of backgrounds to RP in the area, but it also attracts more people closer together, which'd make it far easier to actually see people around and lively, and actually doing things too, considering the fact that the area has so many attractions of its own as well as different neighborhoods and so forth.

I agree with the suggestion, plus there's plenty more opportunities as you stated, from houses to spots where you can actually do something. And it'll encourage people to try out other kinds of roleplay, creating more diversity. At the same time, I think people who bought houses at Mirror Park, will feel that this is unfair, if you just move everything to there, so I don't know how this would be planned to be fair for everyone and make everyone take joy from it.

46 minutes ago, kilerbite said:

At the same time, I think people who bought houses at Mirror Park, will feel that this is unfair, if you just move everything to there, so I don't know how this would be planned to be fair for everyone and make everyone take joy from it.

You can refund houses for 100% of their value (E: think the command is /sellproperty)

Edited by Pascal
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, kilerbite said:

I agree with the suggestion, plus there's plenty more opportunities as you stated, from houses to spots where you can actually do something. And it'll encourage people to try out other kinds of roleplay, creating more diversity. At the same time, I think people who bought houses at Mirror Park, will feel that this is unfair, if you just move everything to there, so I don't know how this would be planned to be fair for everyone and make everyone take joy from it.

I have a house in Mirror Park and I have no issue with the move to Vespucci Beach. I barely even hang out at my house anyway. Their sole purposes are for storage, with a secondary purpose of hanging out in them, but interior RP is just boring.

19 hours ago, Pascal said:

Vespucci supports more character backgrounds, whilst Mirror Park is restricted to middle class

Mirror Park is a small, entirely middle class area. Vespucci on the other hand has lower class housing to the south, some middle and upper class housing around the canals, and is a stone's throw from the richer area that's only a few roads north of it. Venice Beach (Vespucci IRL equivalent) is a popular tourist destination and bustling with different backgrounds from all walks off life. It'd make much more sense to have many different types of characters visit there in comparison to Mirror Park - some people could be having days out at the beach, some people could be panhandling, some people could do street performances etc.

Just to expand on this, a lot of characters have no real IC reason to go to Mirror Park. For example, if you're not from the city, why would you stand in some random carpark in the suburbs? Equally, why would a gangbanger be hanging out there? Whereas with Vespucci clearly there's a draw for pretty much any character to go there, especially if or when it becomes established and there's a lot of player ran businesses in the areas.

• Upvote 1
  • Adero locked this topic