Make /seatbelt unenforceable by PD

Do you agree with the suggestion?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

with the current state of our server, we're constantly crashing and I often forget to put my /sb on after crashing and logging back in despite i did it the first time when i originally got into the vehicle.

the seatbelt command should be kept but not enforced as people would lose due to the fact that if you dont wear your seatbelt, you fly out the windshield when u crash, and that would be enough of a consequence for not wearing it, if you're smart, you wear it, if you're not, then you dont.

this whole discussion was started because @Late got pulled over just so the officer could see if he was wearing his seatbelt, and realistically, a cop isnt supposed to pull you over just to check if you're wearing a seatbelt or not, there has to be something to trigger a traffic stop such as any small thing, but pulling someone over "tO sEe If tHeY hAVe tHeiR SEaTbeLT oN" isnt a viable reason to initiate a traffic stop, b/c otherwise, police would be pulling everyone over 24/7 to do check small things such as this in real life, and they obviously dont, you only get pulled over when a cop catches you doing something or if you're being suspicious with a vehicle defect, or speeding.

i dont mind the /sb command being enforced if it was realistically enforced and not enforced like a speed radar, just pulling people over to see if they have their seatbelt on.

2 hours ago, Frezemis said:

No one is forcing you to do anything.

Put it this way, You don't wanna wear your seatbelt? Don't type /sb. You want to wear your seatbelt then type /sb.

You also have to consider the script-side of things, If you don't /sb and you crash at a high enough speed you go through the windshield but if you have it on you stay in the vehicle. You said it before it's an instinct then when you get in your vehicle it should be an instinct to do /sb if you are worried about your safety.

The command serves an RP and a script purpose. I'd suggest binding it to a key in-game.

Love you. Yes.

3 hours ago, the_criserk said:

In what way does a seatbelt command create roleplay? You can easily use a /me, /ame, or /melow for it. It does not contribute significantly in any way. 

Anyone can roleplay he doesn't have a seatbelt on. It doesn't need a command for it. The fact there is a command for it in the first place is iffy.

These "roleplay" situations you talk about, of people not having the seatbelt on will more often stem from the fact that the player does not know about the command. Not because he roleplayed not having it. No, he just didn't know about it.

Love you, yes.

Just now, DoranoIS said:

with the current state of our server, we're constantly crashing and I often forget to put my /sb on after crashing and logging back in despite i did it the first time when i originally got into the vehicle.

the seatbelt command should be kept but not enforced as people would lose due to the fact that if you dont wear your seatbelt, you fly out the windshield when u crash, and that would be enough of a consequence for not wearing it, if you're smart, you wear it, if you're not, then you dont.

this whole discussion was started because @Late got pulled over just so the officer could see if he was wearing his seatbelt, and realistically, a cop isnt supposed to pull you over just to check if you're wearing a seatbelt or not, there has to be something to trigger a traffic stop such as any small thing, but pulling someone over "tO sEe If tHeY hAVe tHeiR SEaTbeLT oN" isnt a viable reason to initiate a traffic stop, b/c otherwise, police would be pulling everyone over 24/7 to do check small things such as this in real life, and they obviously dont, you only get pulled over when a cop catches you doing something or if you're being suspicious with a vehicle defect, or speeding.

i dont mind the /sb command being enforced if it was realistically enforced and not enforced like a speed radar, just pulling people over to see if they have their seatbelt on.

Then report the cop who tf pulls you over for wearing a seatbelt, IA that dude.

Personally I believe that you are responsible for the actions of your character, so if you don't think to put a seatbelt on like you would in real life, hey, that's your own fault isn't it? I agree that the ticket price is a little high, however, it's also justifiable by the rate at which the money in the server is gained.

I fail to understand what's wrong with the command as it is. If you do not want to wear a seatbelt and die in a crash, go for it. If you do not want PD to ticket you for not having a seatbelt - put it on. Why do you all need the developers to spend the time to modify something that is working perfectly as it is?

Sure, I forget to put my seatbelt sometimes, but then when I see a cruiser I immediately put it on, even if they pull me over. So far nobody has given me a ticket for putting my seatbelt while being pulled over.

I think it's only fair you add a car beep system that's a quiet little beep as you drive with no seatbelt. That should also bring up a msg on your screen regarding the command and that your character is not wearing a seatbelt. 

As a new player, I had no idea that existed and everyone over here who argues against the suggestion simply already knows and doesn't think a second further into how this would affect new players.

If I got pulled over (luckily, I didn't) and some OOCly rude cop would fine me 2.5K for not knowing /sb exists I would simply log off after not to be seen on here again. I'm sure a lot of other players would too.

The server just started, /sb contributes to nothing except not sending you flying through your windshield and it will only push new players away.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I want to point out that right now the opinion is divided between predominantly officers/sheriffs, and non-cops/civilians. 

/sb still has no impact on roleplay. We shouldn't need a command for it, just as we don't have commands for changing gears.