The Los Santos Government: An Introduction

Thread

Government should definitely have a bigger than smaller power and control over IC issues. However, some kind of OOC rules framework should be kept, as this is a game and the absence of admin intervention can easily make all this to turn out as an ultraliberal society where only the most riches characters can own something.

Government elected politicians and those in the opposing/s party/ies should be able to propose law projects and general changes that should have a real impact in everyday life and in the State institutions. Otherwise it'd be too much noise over nothing.

I don't think anyone mentioned this so far, but I had an extra 2 cents to add on. I think it would be great if the government was funded by taxes alone, and not magic money poofed into existence. This would, of course, mean higher taxes on the population of San Andreas, but can be adjusted for different income levels and property locations. For instance, let's say someone has an apartment in Rancho, their property taxes will be FAR lower than one who owns a nice Mirror Park house.

4 minutes ago, Rensai said:

I don't think anyone mentioned this so far, but I had an extra 2 cents to add on. I think it would be great if the government was funded by taxes alone, and not magic money poofed into existence. This would, of course, mean higher taxes on the population of San Andreas, but can be adjusted for different income levels and property locations. For instance, let's say someone has an apartment in Rancho, their property taxes will be FAR lower than one who owns a nice Mirror Park house.

This is currently the case in a very simplified version (I believe). While some stuff does come out of nowhere (such as PD equipment/cars ect). I think paychecks are paid for by the government bank which collects tax income. 

The aim is to further develop the system in future updates. 

Edited by Notbond

it's extremely difficult to set up a smooth system where money isn't spawned into the server but instead the budgets of each governmental body are collected through taxes. this was the initial plan when the server launched in october but it was partly scrapped to the best of my knowledge

i think it does more harm than good anyway. there are just too many flaws that cannot be addressed by any means when it comes to establishing this kind of thing. too many inconsistencies between what the server/game is supposed to be and what it is like in real life. luckily, the tax system of this server prevents infinite money by default so it's not really too big of a deal to spawn money for paychecks

• 3 weeks later...

Okay ladies and gentlemen, the job grind on GTA World is fucking insane and hella stupid, so why not have LSGOV work with server devs to IG and OOCly change paychecks to higher, taxes to lower, maybe incorporate some extra interest on what we have in the bank, actual government stuff instead of roleplaying elections and crap lets make an impact for the people in the economy that forces u to sell aluminum and shit to make any money, last time i was in a faction it was DOMC and half the faction grinded all day at the ore place instead of roleplaying, demotivated the shit out of me cuz there was never anyone to rp with cuz everyone was trying to bank.

8 hours ago, [PR]Tank said:

Okay ladies and gentlemen, the job grind on GTA World is fucking insane and hella stupid, so why not have LSGOV work with server devs to IG and OOCly change paychecks to higher, taxes to lower, maybe incorporate some extra interest on what we have in the bank, actual government stuff instead of roleplaying elections and crap lets make an impact for the people in the economy that forces u to sell aluminum and shit to make any money, last time i was in a faction it was DOMC and half the faction grinded all day at the ore place instead of roleplaying, demotivated the shit out of me cuz there was never anyone to rp with cuz everyone was trying to bank.

It should not be the government's role to decide on scripted parts on the economy will work, that should be dealt with by the server staff/development team and players can make suggestions based around that in the OOC suggestion board. 

The fact is that we are all ready working very hard to change the incentives around grinding ect and the paycheck amounts/tax rates are carefully considered this shouldn't be altered at the whim of the government. Having said that, the government can play a role in other areas of the economy such as by handing out contracts and other such incentives - though this hasn't always gone so well in the past and would need to be carefully policed. 

3 hours ago, Notbond said:

It should not be the government's role to decide on scripted parts on the economy will work, that should be dealt with by the server staff/development team and players can make suggestions based around that in the OOC suggestion board. 

The fact is that we are all ready working very hard to change the incentives around grinding ect and the paycheck amounts/tax rates are carefully considered this shouldn't be altered at the whim of the government. Having said that, the government can play a role in other areas of the economy such as by handing out contracts and other such incentives - though this hasn't always gone so well in the past and would need to be carefully policed. 

would love to see the contract thing, small business loans would be cool too in order to allow people to start businesses with some funding

12 hours ago, [PR]Tank said:

this server has literally the best system to prevent forced grinding that i've ever seen man