South Central Realistic Mapping

Wickero

5 hours ago, Mahitto said:

I second this. I know that for lots of us with questionable rigs, South Central is already heavy on performance. I imagine that adding so much mapping would cause a ton of crashes, especially considering how many people/cars/items/guns/casings/etc will be constantly spawned around that area.

I have an RTX 2060S/Ryzen 5 2600, it's not even ''questionable rigs'' that suffer.

I've played Cyberpunk, Baldur's Gate 3 and Red Dead 2 on 1440p just fine, and yet South Central makes my FPS go wild.

No more map mods should be put in as long as we have these issues. 

You shouldn't need an RTX 3080 and 500$ CPU to play GTA 5 properly.

9 hours ago, Swag said:

More texture loss? No thank youuuuu!!!

It wouldn't affect too much because to add these buildings you have to delete the ones that already exist, so it would be the same as currently, in addition, the buildings are quite basic because there are four walls and inside they are empty, the impact is minimal compared to the vehicles.

Adding apartment/houses don't have a brutal impact on performance.

And yes, South LS performance is poor, but is poorer when everyone have their car spawned and 10 PD park their car around, removing and adding new apartment/houses won't affect in the least, it would affect if trees or objects are added that create complex shadows and transparencies.

Edited by Jennie
16 hours ago, Late said:

A lot would need to be taken into consideration, are any businesses being removed?

There's only two active businesses in the area where the video displayed, but something can probably be done about that, such as relocation to another spot in South Central.

16 hours ago, Late said:

Would FPS suffer?

Not really, it'll pretty much probably be the same as before or even better because there'd honestly be less objects then you think added in. 

The IG mini map won't match the topography of the new buildings. 

That's an issue, but there's possibly a way around it. 

Edited by 2Raskal
23 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

I don't mind the change itself but South Central already tanks performance. The Roy Lowenstein area is the lowest FPS on the server. Won't this make it worse?

21 hours ago, Mahitto said:

I second this. I know that for lots of us with questionable rigs, South Central is already heavy on performance. I imagine that adding so much mapping would cause a ton of crashes, especially considering how many people/cars/items/guns/casings/etc will be constantly spawned around that area.

On 11/9/2021 at 10:41 AM, HappyPancake said:

+100 for the realism purpose.

Only concern: What about performances though? We're talking removing a bunch of the map and changing it with those, I hope it wouldn't be too heavy on the streamer.

The buildings being added in wouldn't probably mess with performance as much as you think, cause honestly you'll just be deleting certain parts of the map and replacing it with buildings that are already in game, it's the random objects that really tank performance tbh. 

On 11/9/2021 at 5:14 AM, Waterflaps said:

Whilst there would be issues with properties, this is something I trust the community is adult enough to realise would benefit the server, and create new opportunities. +1

On 11/9/2021 at 7:04 AM, KreacherBE said:

+1 But what about the people that have properties in that area right now.

Relocation is possible, if they agree to it. I'm sure most of the people who live and interact in those areas displayed would. 

13 hours ago, Swag said:

More texture loss? No thank youuuuu!!!

It'll be a replacement, this could prove beneficial depending on how many LODS are added and so forth. Not only that, depending on the textures it could end up being more user friendly, but it depends on how RAGE translates it across 800+ players. However, the map mod that was added has a lot of objects which are actively being rendered which would cause texture loss and that's holding up better than expected, you could remove that and replace with this sort of map change and it would prove more stable.

• Upvote 1