Context and Player Reports

Chuckles

5 minutes ago, Zach.. said:

Admins dont handle reports if they're in the faction. Its a big no no. You can't provide an example because there isn't one.

There are examples I just don’t wanna prove myself to somebody who can’t admit the truth or when they’re wrong, it doesn’t benefit anything.

Stop going back and forth with me though, we don’t wanna lock this topic.

Thanks.

Edited by Murat

A major factor is that it seems when ever something doesn't go someones way it ends up in reports. Reports are too frequent. If we closed the report section for a couple of weeks to all but the most serious offenses like rule 19 shit, bug abusing, straight up logging off to avoid RP.. etc I think it would be interesting.

Rafi got PK'd a few months ago for simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time, he wasn't a target but sadly was stood next to someone who was. No chance to defend myself or run away. Everyone told me to report it. Why would I? That's the perils of living in a city that has a murder rate higher than central American ghettos. 

Stop fixating over tiny details like "where did your charactcer learn to shoot a gun" and just relax sit back and go with the flow, let the story play out and I promise you'll have more fun. 

44 minutes ago, Late said:

A major factor is that it seems when ever something doesn't go someones way it ends up in reports. Reports are too frequent. If we closed the report section for a couple of weeks to all but the most serious offenses like rule 19 shit, bug abusing, straight up logging off to avoid RP.. etc I think it would be interesting.

Rafi got PK'd a few months ago for simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time, he wasn't a target but sadly was stood next to someone who was. No chance to defend myself or run away. Everyone told me to report it. Why would I? That's the perils of living in a city that has a murder rate higher than central American ghettos. 

Stop fixating over tiny details like "where did your charactcer learn to shoot a gun" and just relax sit back and go with the flow, let the story play out and I promise you'll have more fun. 

That’s because almost every player in the server has a pay2win mentality.

And, when I try to build my faction full of players with clean admin record and no pay2win mentality at all, IFM destroys it.

I’ve witnessed pay2win plays by official factions all the time even though a pay2win player shouldn’t even get to be involved into official stuff.

Edited by GambloTwitch
1 hour ago, Murat said:

There are examples I just don’t wanna prove myself to somebody who can’t admit the truth or when they’re wrong, it doesn’t benefit anything.

Stop going back and forth with me though, we don’t wanna lock this topic.

Thanks.

I'm usually very anti-PD and anti-admin but I'm sorry, you're dead wrong. I went and looked through the most recent last 10 pages of concluded reports, of which there are 210 pages and I couldn't find a single report of a known admin with a PD/SD character handling a situation where they were involved. It's mostly Zani/Igloo/Banks handling them, who aren't PD.

Edited by L I C E
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

I think the trajectory of the thread is starting to shift to an entirely different concept.

Please leave the bum licking and namedropping out of it to avoid derailment. And get back to the principle of it which is vagueness and rule pillowing. Rules are taken too literal when enforced and there is a level of questioning you wouldn’t be asked in a murder investigation over the tiniest of things.

What the principle objective here is to raise awareness and educate maybe some of the amateur enforcers on the importance of perception and context. There is a huge lack of open mindedness.

EDIT:

I also agree that it is a two-way street. Players need to stop adding to the problem by reporting each other for the pettiest of things. There are a lot of backseat moderators and teacher's pets in that section and on the server itself and it promotes the wrong attitude.

Edited by Chuckles
15 hours ago, Helm said:

You don't need experience doing any type of roleplay to understand the rules, and what is or is not against those rules.

12 hours ago, GambloTwitch said:

1) No, this is not required. Reports have to be handled based on RULES and general RP experience. You follow the rules, and you apply them. There's nothing about the "experience" in a certain aspect behind a report. You just need to know all the rules in the server and know what RP really is.

I can't agree with either of you here. Granted certain rules are applicable regardless of the scenario, i.e. think metagaming, but various other rules can be interpreted differently given the context of the situation. More often than not this context revolves around the character's faction affiliation, which is where prior knowledge of illegal roleplay or the specific subgenre of illegal roleplay is valuable.

Take the following two scenarios and try apply the rules in exactly the same manner:

• Scenario 1: a group of thugs mug a law-abiding teenager. The teenager is uncooperative, so they beat him up for his possessions and leave him for dead on the side of the street. The teenager is found by a passer-by and is taken to hospital, where he eventually makes a recovery. The law-abiding teenager then gathers a group of friends, locates the parties involved, and kills them as an act of revenge.
  • Scenario 2: a group of thugs mug a captain from a notorious LCN outfit. The mobster is uncooperative, so they beat him up for his possessions and leave him for dead on the side of the street. The mobster is found by a passer-by and is taken to hospital, where he eventually makes a recovery. The captain sends out a hit-squad to retaliate against the thugs. The hit-squad locates the parties involved and executes them as an act of revenge.

Are you able to treat both scenarios with equal merit? If not, why? Would scenario 1 be classed as deathmatch and poor escalation? If yes, why wouldn't scenario 2 be treated as so? In scenario 2, what significance does the victim's stature within the mob play? Would the outcome of scenario 2 be any different if the victim was only an associate and not an inducted member? Why?

Would someone with no prior experience or knowledge of illegal roleplay - or more specifically the LCN subgenre - be able to confidently answer all of those questions? If no, then the outcome of any decision making involved in the report player process would not be as educated as someone who can confidently answer yes.

• Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic