CCTV surveillance should be more accessible to the players

Farmer

13 minutes ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

Gruppe 6 actually has put their own roleplay cameras up for businesses they watch from what I've seen. This can easily be done with the proper roleplay without needing an object by using /cim

That is against the rules my friend. Read Rule POWERGAMING. It clearly states that an item MUST be mapped outside of the property. Otherwise, it is powergaming.

45 minutes ago, Farmer said:

That is against the rules my friend. Read Rule POWERGAMING. It clearly states that an item MUST be mapped outside of the property. Otherwise, it is powergaming.

Interesting, guess the individuals broke the rules! good eye. 

I can confirm this has happened before. A company has ICly put a camera through RP after the contract, the /cim have been placed there stating the CCTV was in place, but since there was no physical, mapped camera on the property; it was mentioned that it could be ruled as powergaming.

The issue should be removed/flipped and CCTVs should just be role played as being there without mapping. Not only for scripted businesses, but unscripted/unenterable businesses as well. It's standard practice for a lot of businesses to have CCTVs inside, but a lot of them also have CCTVs capturing the outside in some capacity. Not only that but a lot of homes now have Ring doorbell cameras which if aimed right capture not only the entrance but the driveway/street.

I don't see why this would be seen as something controversial or why criminal role players would object to it. It should be common sense that if some shit goes down outside a gas station, grocery store, bank, fast food, minimall, busy stores, etc — it would probably be captured on video. I can't picture a situation being "good role play" where I blast someone outside a busy strip mall and I get away with it because no one donated real life money to map a camera object.

Edited by Gecko
  • Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Gecko said:

The issue should be removed/flipped and CCTVs should just be role played as being there without mapping. Not only for scripted businesses, but unscripted/unenterable businesses as well. It's standard practice for a lot of businesses to have CCTVs inside, but a lot of them also have CCTVs capturing the outside in some capacity. Not only that but a lot of homes now have Ring doorbell cameras which if aimed right capture not only the entrance but the driveway/street.

I don't see why this would be seen as something controversial or why criminal role players would object to it. It should be common sense that if some shit goes down outside a gas station, grocery store, bank, fast food, minimall, busy stores, etc — it would probably be captured on video. I can't picture a situation being "good role play" where I blast someone outside a busy strip mall and I get away with it because no one donated real life money to map a camera object.

probably this

• Wuhtah locked this topic