What's the point of the suggestion subforum?

Hi, yes, this is my first serious thread here, and I want to expose something that has been going through my head for a few months.

What is the suggestion subforum for? Is it read by the Staff?

There are dozens of threads to improve the user experience, which don't have a single message from a developer, founder who could say yes or no, or if the suggestion is viable or not, examples:

I'm not going to fill the thread with suggestions, these are many that could make the server a better place, but they're ignored even after being read/bumped over and over again, the only staff who say anything are the admins/support team who sadly cannot do anything.

Why are these suggestions ignored and others added that no one has asked for? Why are these suggestions ignored? they would make the server a more comfortable place, we have been requesting notifications on phones for months, also requesting to remove the animation when someone calls us, simple things like these aren't added or ignored.

Many of these suggestions are a simple change in the code, and yes, it's easier to remove the animation than to create a script from scratch like the billiard/pool one, but they still prefer to spend hours on a script than improving others that are a pain in the ass.

We don't need more mods for the PD, we don't need more dogs or cats to be added, we need QoL, we need improvements in the current scripts, currently using the phone or the barbershop menu is more of a hassle than an improvement, they are slow and tedious to use, we need a notification system for the phone, we receive messages and we don't know it until it's too late.

Both players who play in illegal and legal factions need changes to the current scripts.

I understand that you are doing it for free and you aren't forced to do this, I understand that possibly the orders are from someone with a higher rank than you, but this thread is not to demand, it's to show that users need improvements in the current scripts than new scripts that no one has asked or will use.

Another thing that I want to clarify are also the suggestions being denied/closed due to simple ignorance, I've  seen suggestions such as adding the Sanchez with livery because said person believed it was impossible, when they're two different bike models, but the thread was closed without possible discussion, let people debate, maybe someone knows more than you in this.

Edited by BigSmileLing
  • Upvote 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

This is something that has been going through my mind for months as well, I've seen so many simple and good suggestions that would improve the experience for everyone being ignored and I never understood why. I'm not saying they should be implemented right away of course, but some feedback is what we need. 

And I've also seen suggestions being discarded with the thread being locked, not leaving it for further discussion... which is something I simply don't understand, isn't this a community? If someone makes a suggestion, people gives their feedback and eventually someone from the dev team gives their feedback too but sometimes the developer might need some extra feedback before closing the thread.

A good example is what happened regarding the Sanchez with livery. Another good example is what happened recently with the Rockstar editor, it was suggested, it was approved and said it will be implemented, then the dev team found out it won't work with mods but it will work with vanilla clothing and here is what I can't understand...

People wants it, people knows it doesn't work with mods and people doesn't mind, they want it, they want the ability that the Rockstar editor gives you which is a huge gamechanger but even though a single person decided for everyone else disregarding the community's feedback, closing the thread without giving the chance to discuss about it.

The Sanchez livery and the rockstar editor suggestions are only two examples, don't focus on this and make sure to understand the whole idea here which is, suggestions being ignored and not receiving feedback, which basically means that the community is ignored which is always sad.

• Upvote 2
23 minutes ago, Macarroncito said:

This is something that has been going through my mind for months as well, I've seen so many simple and good suggestions that would improve the experience for everyone being ignored and I never understood why. I'm not saying they should be implemented right away of course, but some feedback is what we need.

Literally took the words right out of my mouth.

As someone who's quite active on the forum/discord I see a lot of fantastic and great suggestions that would wholeheartedly benefit the server, but most do go unknown by the staff/dev team, which is sad. I think the best way for this issue to be resolved is clear the whole subforum of suggestions, allow a fresh slate to be created so that the suggestions can not be so overwhelming to look at.

1XCYfMr.png

As you can see there is a fucking lot of suggestions, there's a reason to why they go unanswered/unseen. Moving forward potentially there is space for a subteam? Or something that the community can have to have a direct line of communication with the team that handles suggestions?

It's relatively demotivating to make suggestions that I think pretty much everyone can agree on, (tattoos, R* editor, content that's otherwise in the game but hasn't been added to the server), that seem to never be addressed for one reason or another.

On one hand, I do understand that hey, devs aren't being paid. It's not their job. But when there's a pile of suggestions that are just a net positive for the server and the community as a whole that never get picked up and are routinely ignored and shutdown, I have to ask /why/.

Some form of staff subteam that would primarily handle suggestions as Yoak suggested seems prudent. One that would take suggestions into evaluation, forward them to the dev team, and judge how easy it would be to implement.

And it'd be nice to carry on a suggestion thread that isn't being derailed and has what appears to be universal support without it being locked. Having a dev chime in and ask for further context? Sure. Locking down the topic so you can't elaborate on your own points? Not it.

I've already answered this : Suggestions aren't to be answered / denied / accepted. They're a pit of ideas that we (I) regularly read and take ideas from. We don't have the time to answer to the 20 suggestions made per day and debate on each of them.

• Upvote 5