Just need help processing this...

nardo

4 hours ago, shaobadman said:

i don't know if you or anyone else can answer this for me, but how come there's now so many teen characters? when i stopped playing a few years ago most characters were in their 20s (which i personally didn't like) but now there's a much higher number of teenage characters, and i don't mean people 18-19 but mid-teens or even lower like that kid who burns ants on the pavement

i say fair enough to those who do it well by avoiding the example in your comment, and it does diversify the makeup of characters in the server (maybe we can do it the other way too with characters 30+) but i'm wondering when or why/how it started happening, especially in south ls

Not sure, teen criminals were always a thing, it's very unrealistic for teens to lockpick a car, I know much older men who don't have clue about lockpicking a car, especially when it comes to a 16 yo girl doing it, it's just very poor portrayed :3

On 7/7/2021 at 6:06 PM, nardo said:

I don't know it's just i've never really seen anything like that happen IRL or even on video.

Irl people get dragged from their cars, beaten, and robbed, just because the neighborhood dumbasses are bored.

2 hours ago, Zenko said:

Ye' foo', do' brin' hea' to the hoo' but lemme pop them tires, drifting cars bring cops, not shotsfired in some part of Davis. Lets act like monkeys when we can deal it with brain. Fooos'

Ye.

15 hours ago, shaobadman said:

tbh i was just trying to be polite to the server as i have a distant history of being very critical here

+1 for upholding common courtesy.  Then again trolls and other people like that don't deserve your courtesy, as they prove with their actions, but +1 for trying.

Something else.  

People should think about how their rp is going to affect others.  Rp for people who have an interest in that style of rp.  People might think they're rping the most original portrayal of (whatever), but chances are it's been done 1000 times before, and it's really boring the shit out of the people they're trying to interact with.  People aren't thinking these characters are so cool, they're thinking these boring motherfuckers don't know when to shut up.  I know it's hard but people need to at least try not to be fuckheads just to amuse themselves.  There are other games for that, other servers, and people interested in that would probably have more fun there.  Be careful with dialect.  A lot of players know English as a second language, and they might not be able to understand, so the whole rp exchange turns into a chore.  

5 hours ago, shaobadman said:

but how come there's now so many teen characters?

Underage players means underage characters.  I read here on the forum that there was a big influx of underage players when Epic games had a special on GTA 5 or something.  Demographics changed, so characters changed.  Gang rpers convinced the staff to allow characters as young as 12, and if they can do it, other people want to do it, especially if its the part of life they're currently in.

15 hours ago, Aquila said:

human nature can take a toll and sometimes affect their work ethic.

I think they get tired of the bullshit.  They see the worst, all the time.  I despise the liars.  Lying is like a minigame to them.  It wastes everyone's time and it wastes admin goodwill.

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, FJ said:

it's very unrealistic for teens to lockpick a car

I'll argue that it's not unrealistic that she learned it from people in her environment.  Relatives, acquaintances, the neighborhood types, etc.  Gangs and criminals recruit very young because children are so impressionable they're easily taken advantage of.  Young people can learn a lot if the adults in their environment teach them.

On 7/7/2021 at 6:06 PM, nardo said:

there really a reason to shoot at someone for doing donuts?

Thinking about it a little more.  No, there wasn't, but the people on grove street that day were probably violent criminals who live in an environment of habitual violence.  A reasonable person would tell somebody doing donuts in the middle of the street where they live in the middle of the night to go away.  

Keep in mind that people in that neighborhood would never call the police about anything, and they're accustomed to people reacting violently to anything.  They don't have other ways of dealing with things besides intimidation and violence.  Everything is 'what are you going to do about it?'   Well, she did something about it.

Edited by jcat
typos
  • Wuhtah locked this topic