RPing owned properties after name change?

Rhexy

8 minutes ago, Lurleen said:

I think properties should be automatically sold back to the server when a character namechanges. That'd help solving the housing problem too. You get CKed, you lose your house.

I actually 1000% agree with you, but they shouldn't automatically be sold but like you'd have a few weeks to sell them so you don't lose insane amount of money but yeah agreed.

3 minutes ago, Planters80mm said:

I actually 1000% agree with you, but they shouldn't automatically be sold but like you'd have a few weeks to sell them so you don't lose insane amount of money but yeah agreed.

Well, but why would your new character be selling a house they don't own? Besides, it'd be impossible to track. You get CKed, your house gets sold automatically to the server and you get MP + furniture

6 minutes ago, Lurleen said:

Well, but why would your new character be selling a house they don't own? Besides, it'd be impossible to track. You get CKed, your house gets sold automatically to the server and you get MP + furniture

Yeah I guess you are right, why not.

I retired a character who had a trailer near Sandy. Then I made another Sandy character. I was not about to sell that and have some tourist pick it up to park their sports car in the trailer park. I just moved my next character right in, because she was a local and would have a place to stay IC. Then when I retired that character, and since I didn't have another country character in the works, I just contacted PM so they could distribute it to a local RPer.

32 minutes ago, Lurleen said:

While I agree with the sentiment behind this, I also feel its over-kill in most circumstances. I'm going to go wildly off topic to add onto this point: 

Areas are affected disproportionately by the "housing crisis" (for lack of a better term). I'm of the opinion that the remedy for this would be to turn these affected areas into housing requests; I.E, properties that cannot be sold nor inhereted through a namechage unless discussed with PM.

Selling properties back to the server will just result in people camping https://map.gta.world/ for easy profits like they always have. If these properties were reposessed by PM and turned into housing request, then buying these highly sought after properties for the sake of flipping them would become impossible. Obviously, the drawback to this will be additional work added onto the already strenuous workload PM faces... But the crisis is never going to be fixed without additional effort being funneled towards it.

Properties need to be used less as appreciating assets for monitary gain, and more as necessary stages to help facilitate Roleplay, especially standalone properties that are in high demand and low supply.

As for RPing your properties after your character is name-changed/CKed, you can just RP it anyway you want. If you want to sell it, you can just say you inhereted the property somehow. If you want to keep it (assuming it fits your new character), you can always roleplay that you bought it at auction or through some other means. No need to over-complicate it. The transfer of properties between characters should be seemless, unless the property clearly doesn't fit your character; in which case I'd say it's better to find a new one or alter the property's interior accordinly.

Edited by Fancy Toothpaste
typo.
17 minutes ago, hillievonb said:

I retired a character who had a trailer near Sandy. Then I made another Sandy character. I was not about to sell that and have some tourist pick it up to park their sports car in the trailer park. I just moved my next character right in, because she was a local and would have a place to stay IC. Then when I retired that character, and since I didn't have another country character in the works, I just contacted PM so they could distribute it to a local RPer.

Well, in your case you weren't CK, after a CK you should be forced to sell. And I'm puzzled, how do PM distribute houses and trailers? I know there are applications for special properties but aren't trailers sold normally?

1 minute ago, Lurleen said:

Well, in your case you weren't CK, after a CK you should be forced to sell. And I'm puzzled, how do PM distribute houses and trailers? I know there are applications for special properties but aren't trailers sold normally?

Generally yes! But there have been schemes by PM to sell trailers and other country properties specifically to people who actively RP in the country, rather than letting them fall into the market to be snatched up by people who never do. I gave my trailer to PM for that purpose, I think I got back MP + furniture. This was months ago, however. I recall there were open requests for that sort of thing at one point.

16 minutes ago, Lurleen said:

Many houses are distributed through housing requests, but these are special properties that were not scripted roughly a year ago. From my knowledge, Paleto, Sandy, Stab City, Grapeseed, and Harmony are all full of properties that can be attained without a housing request: usually bought/sold/traded between players and characters without PM interference the same as any other property in the city.

The problem with Blaine County in general is there's a very low retention rate for county characters. Most people who try "county roleplay" find it difficult for a number of reasons including their inability to find a place to live. It's really unclear how many properties in Blaine County are currently "active". 

Most Blaine County RPers are very protective of their properties since they know that they'll be nearly impossible to attain again... And they certainly don't wish for these trailers to fall into "the wrong hands", so to speak. Just as @hillievonb mentioned above, alot of characters who realistically shouldn't be attaining these properties (characters who don't roleplay actively in Blaine County) try to snatch them off the free market since they know how sought after these properties are. Many times they'll try to trade their trailers for a house in the Vespucci Canals, or in Mirror Park. This obviously shuts out most people's hopes of ever getting a property in the area. 

Edited by Fancy Toothpaste
  • Wuhtah locked this topic