Development questions ?

Nervous

15 minutes ago, Nervous said:

> Tattoos are coming a week or two after release, I almost finished it but didn't have time to push it live.

> Patches are not compatible with GTMP yet, but I'm sure It might come sooner or later as right now it's ingame but using your online one.

> There is a menu for anim, there is a huge list of anim online on videos that you can suggest us to add

I swear I saw patches on bikers on FiveRP???

Or am I blind/high/drunk/all of the above?

On 10/12/2017 at 8:26 AM, Nervous said:

I'll ask you a question: What realistic limitations do you expect to see surrounding MDC :) ?

My ideas are honestly a little bit too strict and I understand just wouldn't work on a role-play server, but ideally:

Limitations

1. Limit queries to information that must be obtained in-character (eg. License Plates, Drivers Licenses, Fingerprints). Don't allow queries based on Player ID's or other OOC elements.

2. Log all queries to systems for legality (eg. Officer looks up his ex-girlfriends boyfriends address).

Systems

1. Crash Reports - a system that allows LEO's to write, issue, and log crash reports. Can also handle citations and tickets. Basically a couple templates to fill out that is stored for reference at any time. LEO's equipped with portable thermal printer for issuing completed forms to citizens. Can become public record for vehicle dealerships and such. Streamlines vehicle crashes and still keeps them significant to peoples role-play.

2. Driver / Vehicle Database - a system to track drivers licenses and vehicle information. You query this system with drivers license and license plates. Returns you'd expect would be open warrants (for the vehicle registrant), expired tags, flagged stolen vehicle, etc. This is a State maintained system, 

3. Dispatch - a system to handle dispatching calls relative to LEO location or assignment. Allows Chain of Command to find LEO's location at any time and subsequently assign them to specific calls, as well as verify LEO safety. GPS/AVL technology on laptop or vehicle allows for this functionality. Depending on the size and specialization of the Department a lot can be adjusted with this to allow for faster and more accurate responses.

4. Fingerprints - a physical device that runs fingerprints through either a State or Federal database. These systems ONLY returns information if the person has an ACTIVE warrant. Primarily used if person doesn't have I.D. or doesn't speak English/Spanish.

5. National Crime Information Center ( NCIC / CIC ) - FBI maintained system that is paired with the Interstate Identification Index (III). If all else fails, you call or radio your Department's CIC and have them run your information through this system. This system wouldn't be possible to implement onto GTA.World, but a dumbed down version could be established for background checks and stolen property.

16 hours ago, Florida said:

My ideas are honestly a little bit too strict and I understand just wouldn't work on a role-play server, but ideally:

Limitations

1. Limit queries to information that must be obtained in-character (eg. License Plates, Drivers Licenses, Fingerprints). Don't allow queries based on Player ID's or other OOC elements.

2. Log all queries to systems for legality (eg. Officer looks up his ex-girlfriends boyfriends address).

Systems

1. Crash Reports - a system that allows LEO's to write, issue, and log crash reports. Can also handle citations and tickets. Basically a couple templates to fill out that is stored for reference at any time. LEO's equipped with portable thermal printer for issuing completed forms to citizens. Can become public record for vehicle dealerships and such. Streamlines vehicle crashes and still keeps them significant to peoples role-play.

2. Driver / Vehicle Database - a system to track drivers licenses and vehicle information. You query this system with drivers license and license plates. Returns you'd expect would be open warrants (for the vehicle registrant), expired tags, flagged stolen vehicle, etc. This is a State maintained system, 

3. Dispatch - a system to handle dispatching calls relative to LEO location or assignment. Allows Chain of Command to find LEO's location at any time and subsequently assign them to specific calls, as well as verify LEO safety. GPS/AVL technology on laptop or vehicle allows for this functionality. Depending on the size and specialization of the Department a lot can be adjusted with this to allow for faster and more accurate responses.

4. Fingerprints - a physical device that runs fingerprints through either a State or Federal database. These systems ONLY returns information if the person has an ACTIVE warrant. Primarily used if person doesn't have I.D. or doesn't speak English/Spanish.

5. National Crime Information Center ( NCIC / CIC ) - FBI maintained system that is paired with the Interstate Identification Index (III). If all else fails, you call or radio your Department's CIC and have them run your information through this system. This system wouldn't be possible to implement onto GTA.World, but a dumbed down version could be established for background checks and stolen property.

These limitations, except the logs but it's coming soon, are already in ! You can't use any player ingame ID in the MDC! Good idea for the other systems ! I'll bring it up to Tim.

• 1 year later...

What kind of mods/plugins are exactly are avalible? Like editing to the main map, roads, buildings, etc. 

Can the horse track be repaved?
Can outside open garages and hangovers be added?
Can Garages to houses be edited to open automatically like Franklins or Micheals?
Can custom cars not from GTA or Non Weaponized versions of cars, trucks, bikes, etc be added into the server?

• Upvote 1

I’d love to see hunting system brought back to the same location and that meat factory that we could deliver the animals. And since NPC is a thing , we should add farm animals to all the farms in county to bring a nice atmosphere. I guarantee you , people gonna do more legal roleplay with those two things.

• Applaud 1
  • Pillsbury locked, unlocked and locked this topic