Development questions ?

Nervous

8 hours ago, Yevtushenko said:

Do you plan on having a stock market or some sort? I'd also like to see people owning oil companies and stuff, where they can prospect for oil and set up pump jacks, etc.

Warner mentioned some plans regarding that. I'll ask him to post here if there is any truth to it.

40 minutes ago, Nervous said:

I've never played Altis Life and It wasn't really my goal here, we have a stock market bound to these ores and what is nice is that you can store these in warehouses for a few days and wait for the prices to go up, then sell it etc.. It's a great opportunity for legal companies to make money. 

Altis Life is that Arma 3 "RP" game mode. No one really RPs.. Just gets guns and military vehicles and attacks each other. Originally reading the Mining job concerned me for the reason that the mining jobs on Altis life is pretty much based on attacking each other and what not.. But if its actual role play I'm hoping it'll be all good. :)

9 hours ago, Bloodseeker said:

Warner mentioned some plans regarding that. I'll ask him to post here if there is any truth to it.

I already have a script developed for the web to emulate a stock market where users can purchase and sell stocks, however, it's fully in the web and not connected to the game server.

Perhaps at a later time, when the economy is mature enough, I'll suggest the idea through Justus to Nervous and the in-game development team to have it included in game.

For now I believe the server is a bit young for the stock market idea that I proposed along with a banking system here:

https://forum.gta.world/en/index.php?/topic/144-e-banking/

Edited by JoeWarner
13 hours ago, Vitta said:

Hello,

In-regards to the development, I'm wondering;

• If you are planning develop a script that allows the faction members to spawn at their desired HQ, considering none of the players will be able to fund themselves to spawn at a specific, owned, property. 
  • Except setting wages for each rank and rank structure, what kind of extra, or surprising, development should we expect? To be specific, are you planning to introduce and MDC system for the LSFD, or how often should we expect fire calls within the server? Will the fire particles be created by the server administration, or there exists such development that can create fires randomly around the server?
  • As for the LSFD once again, or factions in general, do you plan to introduce an UCP system that allows us to check the faction members' in-game activities? That is crucial when it comes to assign personnel to each rank, as in-game activities are heavily taken into consideration for promotions.
  • As for the last question, I hope I am not crossing the line with that, but with the nice developments you have for the future and for the well-being of the server, do we need to worry about DMCA rights that might possibly shut down the server, or can we enjoy the server with knowing it promises a lot in long-run?

Thanks.

-> For now you spawn at your last position, we'll have to discuss internally if we want to change it or not.

-> For more faction features, It'll be depending of what the community needs / wants / suggests. Our roadmap is dynamic and we'll do what the community needs :)

-> Yes, the UCP will have a faction page to allow modify rank, permissions, see activity etc.. It's coming in the future !

-> I've been the administrator of a 10 years long World of Warcraft server, and the company behind this server is backing us up here to handle all legal work, papers etc.. with their lawyers included. There is nothing to fear about DMCA requests or any legal thing that might target the server, It'll be handled through France law as it was always done, and Rockstar is protecting the mods for now. Blizzard on the other hand was way more aggressive, but we still managed to pull it through, so I have really 0 worries about this here.

Will we be able to incorporate tattoos into the character customization? 

Will there ever be the ability to add in motorcycle club patches to be seen by the whole server to wear on clothing?

Is there an animator for our anims who could potentially work in things like a synced up handshake.... or maybe a sit on lap animation? (lol i have been wanting this anim forever.. plz say yes)

10 minutes ago, Marissa said:

Will there ever be the ability to add in motorcycle club patches to be seen by the whole server to wear on clothing?

I don't know if that's possible with GT:MP atm. I think everyone will just see their own GTA:O crew emblem on your jacket/vest. I may be wrong though.

Edited by BeefCake
6 hours ago, Marissa said:

Will we be able to incorporate tattoos into the character customization? 

Is there an animator for our anims who could potentially work in things like a synced up handshake.... or maybe a sit on lap animation? (lol i have been wanting this anim forever.. plz say yes)

> Tattoos are coming a week or two after release, I almost finished it but didn't have time to push it live.

> Patches are not compatible with GTMP yet, but I'm sure It might come sooner or later as right now it's ingame but using your online one.

> There is a menu for anim, there is a huge list of anim online on videos that you can suggest us to add

• Pillsbury locked, unlocked and locked this topic