What do you think about the playerbase?

9inches

By seeing all these comments, pointing fingers toward each other, who's right, who's wrong, put the blame on everything, it's just bad PR. I was just curious if the number is real, that's all. Back in the days things were normal, now it's just hatred, and a toxic environment. Won't be surprised if the staff lost control of this. Guys, just try to chill. It's a game.

3 minutes ago, 9inches said:

By seeing all these comments, pointing fingers toward each other, who's right, who's wrong, put the blame on everything, it's just bad PR. I was just curious if the number is real, that's all. Back in the days things were normal, now it's just hatred, and a toxic environment. Won't be surprised if the staff lost control of this. Guys, just try to chill. It's a game.

You clearly created this account for this thread and to stir drama. Go back to where you came from. Thank you.

18 minutes ago, Shvag said:

find a group of people with similar interests like you do and enjoy the game.

Pretty much this. It's a good means to completely bypass a lot of the current issues that have resulted in the streets being as empty as they are. 

It definitely goes a long way to helping liven up the various raves, bars, parties, and social gatherings where safety and security are established enough to quickly and easily resolve unwelcome disruptions. Be sure to ask the police if they're interested in participating too, as volunteers may be willing to remain present.

If any help is needed, send me a PM! Helping people survive the city is something I enjoy doing.

Edited by DasFroggy
19 minutes ago, Shvag said:

I'll rather see fewer people IG but better quality.

Apart from that - I would say that our community is growing quite organically. And it's totally fine. Sooner or later we will reach 1K on the peak times and probably even more.

My recommendation to all of those who still see a "ghost town" - find a group of people with similar interests like you do and enjoy the game.

just get the cars back. it will look better. and it will be better for car jackers. respawning after 3 hours is kinda meh. but of course, even if there's 3000 players, it would still look empty, because the map is huge. but there are specific locations on the server that are more than alive anyways.

1 hour ago, hillievonb said:

Edited because mj2002 requested this doesn't turn into another conversation about robberies, but please accept that your experiences aren't other people's experiences instead of talking about "over-exaggerating claims".

I can say the same. "Please accept that people over-exaggerate claims".

7 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I can say the same. "Please accept that people over-exaggerate claims".

It's one thing to talk about your own experiences. I'm not questioning your own experiences or your perception of the game. I'm not saying you did get robbed a ton of times and that you're downplaying that. I have no reason to doubt you.

But that's kind of not all you were doing. You were downplaying other people's experiences as if you know better, instead of taking other people at face value. That immediately prevents any kind of normal discussion, so things just escalate into defensiveness and mutual attacks.

I don't know how y'all manage to get robbed, I have tried to get robbed outside on purpose to see if it's so bad, and nothing. These claims are totally over-exaggerated, nobody is robbing you 😄

Edited by Gervin
1 hour ago, .Pluto. said:

just get the cars back. it will look better. and it will be better for car jackers. respawning after 3 hours is kinda meh. but of course, even if there's 3000 players, it would still look empty, because the map is huge. but there are specific locations on the server that are more than alive anyways.

I really do hope that if Rage gets performance/stability improvements, they will extend the timer. It's good for car jackers, it prevents metagaming, and streets will look more alive. I have had silly car thefts, but I've also chopped some cars in the past, so I /vpark as little as possible out of common courtesy if nothing else.

ive played here since day 1 of the server, im yet to have ever been robbed. Its not like I even hide and shit. I go out, walk around, attend events and lived in dangerous areas. 

Quite frankly, its good to see the playerbase growing. What's upsetting is certain people who do genuinely make problems out of the smallest issue to them.

The main improvement I wish to see, is a refinement of the script to optimize it. Not sure if its been done at all but it'd be good to take a few months where everything's been refreshed and tidied up.

I was kidnapped twice, robbed once, and avoided another attempt, all within 20 days. One was entertaining RP, one was a generic asset grab by dudes on bikes on the beach, one was terrible /b showitems material.

Good for everyone that hasn't had that kind of experience, honestly.

• Applaud 1