22 hours ago, Nervous said:

Permanently jail? That's actually a good idea instead of using the old CK.

Yeah but we'd need the prison mapping+script implemented. I don't like the idea of forced CK's where the player don't consent. If they decided to CK later it'd be their choice. The only real exception to all of that should be if there's a death penalty and that's more of an IC issue. Having or not having that be allowed can be a process that creates political RP.

These things would all create roleplay to some extent.

A CK after a casefile will not.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess that this Indictment CK means a life-sentence in prison when it's scripted and is not an actual CK but that, life-sentence at Bolingbroke.. It sounds good, however, I position myself totally against it because the suggestion doesn't regard the reverse case. Too many suggestions asking for CK punishment for criminals and too few asking CK for police officers. Don't they risk their lives too?

I'll suggest some balancing: when someone reaches a certain amount of "indictments" for they to be on the look, arrested and offered to be a collaborator, he can be hiding from the moment he notices/deducts that he's on the look, every police officer they kill to avoid their arrest is a CK.

Deal?

Edited by Gangstafary
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2018 at 10:13 AM, Gangstafary said:

I guess that this Indictment CK means a life-sentence in prison when it's scripted and is not an actual CK but that, life-sentence at Bolingbroke.. It sounds good, however, I position myself totally against it because the suggestion doesn't regard the reverse case. Too many suggestions asking for CK punishment for criminals and too few asking CK for police officers. Don't they risk their lives too?

I'll suggest some balancing: when someone reaches a certain amount of "indictments" for they to be on the look, arrested and offered to be a collaborator, he can be hiding from the moment he notices/deducts that he's on the look, every police officer they kill to avoid their arrest is a CK.

Deal?

Indictments don't exactly work the way you listed in the last part of your post. As far as CKing officers goes, I'm very much against that because I think we all know what that would lead to. You'll have hit squads masked up in a rental going around ambushing cops just for the sake of not being arrested in an ongoing investigation.

41 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Indictments don't exactly work the way you listed in the last part of your post. As far as CKing officers goes, I'm very much against that because I think we all know what that would lead to. You'll have hit squads masked up in a rental going around ambushing cops just for the sake of not being arrested in an ongoing investigation.

But you can't have a kind of parenting system scripted in order to make everyone to stay on their lane. Infractors are reported and punished by admins.

I'm just saying that, as we are a new step in the stairs of GTA RP, we can reform some things, we don't have to follow past SAMP standards, and one which we should avoid is excessive privileges for PD. Yes, being a criminal has its consequences, being a cop has them too.

• Upvote 1

The issue I see with this is the extensive problems it can inevitably lead to. I'll give you my example for instance - my character was charged with Murder and possession of an illegal firearm, the correct protocol RPly was not followed by the police and nor was it truly 'murder', I was shot at and I returned fire. I have hired a lawyer, tried to appeal and process it through the legal system with little to no outcome due to the fact that there is virtually no chance of having the charges appealed or dropped. 

In order for a system like this to be effective, there needs to be a transparent and simple process to appeal, dispute or query certain charges simply because the alternative is too drastic. Sure, there is a 'complaints' process through which you can send a PM over to a department to deal with, but that doesn't yield significant results in matters such as this. Also, another issue would more than likely be excessive administrative involvement - both OOCly and RPly. 

15 minutes ago, Gangstafary said:

But you can't have a kind of parenting system scripted in order to make everyone to stay on their lane. Infractors are reported and punished by admins.

I'm just saying that, as we are a new step in the stairs of GTA RP, we can reform some things, we don't have to follow past SAMP standards, and one which we should avoid is excessive privileges for PD. Yes, being a criminal has its consequences, being a cop has them too.

If we enforced CKs every time someone was involved in a police shooting, you'd never know a cop or criminal for more than a week, if not, less. CKs for indictments would make more sense given the fact it's a faction takedown. If an officer is killed, they're PKed from the investigation. It's simple enough the way it is.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Stefan said:

If we enforced CKs every time someone was involved in a police shooting, you'd never know a cop or criminal for more than a week, if not, less. CKs for indictments would make more sense given the fact it's a faction takedown. If an officer is killed, they're PKed from the investigation. It's simple enough the way it is.

Just giving my opinion. I come from tabletop RPG games where you can lose a character you've been playing with for years and not make a whole drama about it. That's why I'd support this totally if this were equally applied. If a criminal given certain charges receives an "indictment" and can be CKed, so can the cop who's proceeding to such arrest.

If that isn't the case, I'm not supporting it, I'm sorry, but it's like this. Even if you "lessen" the suggestion to a PK, make both to be PKed. I'd support an equal system, where the criminal faces the consequences of their actions but so do people that put themselves in between (cops). Until then, the system is fair as it is: the criminal don't have to CK, neither the cop has to.

Edited by Gangstafary
3 minutes ago, Gangstafary said:

Just giving my opinion. I come from tabletop RPG games where you can lose a character you've been playing with for years and not make a whole drama about it. That's why I'd support this totally if this were equally applied. If a criminal given certain charges receives an "indictment" and can be CKed, so can the cop who's proceeding to such arrest.

If that isn't the case, I'm not supporting it, I'm sorry, but it's like this. Even if you "lessen" the suggestion to a PK, make both to be PKed. I'd support an equal system, where the criminal faces the consequences of their actions but so do people that put themselves in between (cops).

I don't think you're understanding the point of an illegal faction takedown. Faction takedowns are usually performed on official illegal factions, and if you have enough evidence for an indictment, then that means the person is already well enough into the legal process of being sentenced for whatever crime(s) they're being charged with. Taking into consideration the fact that the RICO act allows for longer sentences, that may or may not result in the person basically summing up enough time for a life sentence, depending on what the charges are. 

So, to summarize it, you've already been placed under arrest way before your indictment. At that point, you're just being sentenced and sent to prison. I think it makes enough sense the way it is now, where the person being arrested can either CK or roleplay in prison for however long is deemed necessary by illegal faction management, depending on what charges they've gathered. If an investigating officer is killed, they're simply PKed from the casefile and can no longer participate in the investigation or the takedown as a result of the investigation.