Limit house ownership to only 1 per character, exception for real estate companies.

35 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

Hell no, people in real life own multiple properties/apartments/houses, limit on two is already more than enough. 

Not your average working class, average person. IRL people who own multiple properties are already pretty successful and/or run a business surrounding those properties. This isn't real life. We're on a server with limited housing capacity. When you have 1000+ people, eventually you reach a tipping point. It's what is currently happening now.

No. There's already a price limit on how much you can sell properties for and there's a limit on how many properties you can own. Limiting people to one property is ridiculous. Absolutely not.

9 minutes ago, Sixty said:

Not your average working class, average person. IRL people who own multiple properties are already pretty successful and/or run a business surrounding those properties. This isn't real life. We're on a server with limited housing capacity. When you have 1000+ people, eventually you reach a tipping point. It's what is currently happening now.

So you want to tell me that if my assets are 2mil+ I can own one property? It would be even bigger issue if people are limited on one house/apartment. That's just it. The suggestion is trash at best. 

4 minutes ago, Moe said:

No. There's already a price limit on how much you can sell properties for and there's a limit on how many properties you can own. Limiting people to one property is ridiculous. Absolutely not.

The average person in real life is lucky enough to own one property, let alone two or more. Usually people who do own more than one property are already pretty successful enough to afford a second home or run a business surrounding multiple properties. The fact that you think owning two properties is normal is part of the issue.

Just now, Sixty said:

The average person in real life is lucky enough to own one property, let alone two or more. Usually people who do own more than one property are already pretty successful enough to afford a second home or run a business surrounding multiple properties. The fact that you think owning two properties is normal is part of the issue.

Where in my response did I say it's normal? If you believe someone's roleplay and development doesn't make sense for them to own more than one property, make an RPQM report, but you can't limit it for everyone because "the average person is lucky enough to own one property". Not everyone on the server is the "average person".

7 minutes ago, Moe said:

Where in my response did I say it's normal? If you believe someone's roleplay and development doesn't make sense for them to own more than one property, make an RPQM report, but you can't limit it for everyone because "the average person is lucky enough to own one property". Not everyone on the server is the "average person".

Naive to suggest self-policing in this particular situation will work. There's no way for me to ascertain how many properties someone owns unless they IC'ly reveal that information and most people don't, even if they do know you IC'ly. So how do you suppose we report people without obtaining this information? This is something that requires more than just a "report it" solution when the information is not readily available nor hardly ever shared IC'ly unless you spent time with them and actually know them. Sounds like a lot of effort to self-police. Poor solution, at best.

Also the amount of non-average people on this server is ridiculous and you know it. Owning more than one property IRL is a luxury, not the norm. Let me guess? Report it?

Lol can't just leave it up to people to self-police. It's obviously not working. If you don't see that, then this is going nowhere.

Edited by Sixty
3 minutes ago, Sixty said:

Naive to suggest self-policing in this particular situation will work. There's no way for me to ascertain how many properties someone owns unless they IC'ly reveal that information and most people don't, even if they do know you IC'ly. So how do you suppose we report people without obtaining this information? This is something that requires more than just a "report it" solution when the information is not readily available nor hardly ever shared IC'ly unless you spent time with them and actually know them. Sounds like a lot of effort to self-police. Poor solution, at best.

Everyone owns two apartments, about what obtaining info through IC means you're talking about? xD

8 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

Everyone owns two apartments, about what obtaining info through IC means you're talking about? xD

And you don't see a problem with this? This is part of the problem. In what world do you live in does this make any sense in a realistic environment? How many people do you know IRL that are middle-class / average income who own multiple properties? Being rich or owning a business involving multiple properties is a completely different scenario and I'd support owning more than one if you can justify a good reason for it. Again, I understand your position from an IRL position but we're on a server with limited housing. This isn't real life. Eventually it just comes to a point where there is no more.

Edited by Sixty
5 minutes ago, Sixty said:

And you don't see a problem with this? This is part of the problem. In what world do you live in does this make any sense in a realistic environment? How many people do you know IRL that are middle-class / average income who own multiple properties? Being rich is a completely different scenario and I'd support owning more than one if you can justify a good reason for it. Again, I understand your position from an IRL position but we're on a server with limited housing. This isn't real life. Eventually it just comes to a point where there is no more.

You're using "this isn't real life" argument after saying "in real life rarely anyone is able to own two or more houses/apartments, only rich/successful people are".