Interest in northern gang roleplay

I know this has been brought up and addressed before but I want to bring it up again to see other people's views on this topic how do people feel on Nortenos and up north rp people say it is not possible but I think it could be with maybe some changes I think what could help really get it started is by not using or keeping ls county jail but using Bolingbroke Penitentiary as a prison I think that would be way more realistic and maybe even create more rp that may seem like a big change but I think an important one now on getting northerners set up on gta world and actually having a presence I think the northerners car would need to come in and then maybe like 2 or 3 decent size norteno gangs to back it now I know people say northern San Andreas be dry or have no people but with a server this big and still growing people are Roleplaying everywhere but also the towns in northern San Andreas are small so I understand that but it could still be pulled off I think if this change happens though with the prison better rp may come with prison factions and maybe even inspire some people to bring new factions and new prison factions like the northerners car or bulldogs car and more but I think that would change prison rp but also bring something new to the server for faction rp and bring other options for Latino faction rp for people who want to portray a Latino street gang other than surenos this could also display northern San Andreas street gang culture and how it differs from southern San Andreas street gang culture and I also think people would enjoy to see NF and MM both on the server instead of having one powerful faction on the server why not have two let me know how you feel on this topic and I know change may take time but I hope this will make change in a positive way on this server.

Edited by Triggagot

Areas like Paleto Bay and Grapeseed are unique places to roleplay at & have an enormous amount of potential for a working-class community to be set up there, but the influx of people looking for Cyberpunk Nomad RP and those who treat these areas as places where their holiday homes are at completely squanders their potential.

People have average jobs with average cars and walk around in their communities; barely anyone is rocking a rusty muscle car and pink hair on the US rust belt.

Paleto is one of those places where it suffers from such issues, and as much as I’d love to set up a working-class community there consisting of local businesses & small time criminals that contribute to an authentic US rust belt experience; the housing crisis in the North along with people from the city treating it as one big race track basically means the potential is spoilt almost immediately.

Edited by TinPan
  • Upvote 1

I would like to see Norteno factions on the server, but IFM have made it clear that’s never going to happen. Which is definitely a shame. I don’t see why Fresno bulldogs are allowed, but Nortenos aren’t. 

• Upvote 1
  • Triggagot changed the title to Interest in northern gang roleplay
4 hours ago, Stiggz said:

I would like to see Norteno factions on the server, but IFM have made it clear that’s never going to happen. Which is definitely a shame. I don’t see why Fresno bulldogs are allowed, but Nortenos aren’t. 

Yeah I have heard about that from multiple people with them trying to start norteno factions and getting denied but I don't know if all of IFM feels that way I hope not and I would like to hear their views on this.

I have mixed feelings when it comes to Norteño street gangs on the server. On one hand, I personally think it'd be alright to allow Norteño factions in Blaine County only. But on the other hand, there's only a county jail for incarceration, and its in Los Santos. I'm predicting any Norteño that ends up there would automatically get stabbed or have to PC it up, and that would be too much of an obstacle for a faction.

Nuestra Familia shouldn't be a thing if there aren't solid Norteño gang factions. What are you going to politic around if there's no gangs on the street? Prison gangs and their function on the server should be a thing that happens organically and has a demand. Mexican Mafia is a no-brainer, because there's always going to be at least a handful of Sureño gangs to organize, and the majority of Hispanic characters will be in Los Santos. Whites and Blacks are also a prominent part when it comes to races being incarcerated, so groups organizing each would be warranted. I played on a server with a Nuestra Familia faction, and with zero Norteño street gang factions, and it was stupid.

And honestly, responding to one of the points in the OP, if I had to pick, I'd rather see one giant/strong/dominant Mexican Mafia instead of watering it down with a split in Hispanic gang role play.

Edited by Gecko

I doubt there'd be a solid northern gang to be honest, since most of the time people have no interest in roleplaying them + IFM Usually denies Norteno gangs and certain high ranking groups like Nuestra Familia. Although atm I think it'd be possible just to do drop out gangs since they usually have no structure but a good majority have that Northern/Norcal vibe to them and you can PC up in TTCF and possibly roleplay with other dropouts ((Although there isn't a PC Pod, and it's basically putting you in AD-SEG with actives.)), instead of sitting in GP with 30 actives surenos camping out your cell, trying to put in that "work" for the side they choose to represent. 

D.O gangs include

Bulldogs, Northern Ryders, The 25ers, Nueva Flora, Independent Riders, Sucka Free Gangsters, Skrap Peelers, FTS, Dropout Squad, Down South, Mexican Outfit.

9 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

i mean it's obviously bullshit at the point when IFM allows other factions that are based off of their counterparts that originate from NorCal yet they have a problem with Norteno factions. 🤷‍♂️

+ The fact they'll allow other non-california based groups but not a Nuestra Familia ((which literally is homegrown)). All I'm assuming is that maybe they'll allow Norteno* gangs maybe in the future (who knows when?) when Bolingbroke is open since it's a State Prison unlike the county jail. 

Edited by MCB666
  • Wuhtah locked this topic