/vget cooldown for totaling your car negligently (street racing, etc.)

9 hours ago, tokyosdevil said:

People play on this server to have fun not to live a life within their real life and worry about real life problems twice as much. Its dumb, not fun and only elitists and people that hate the street racing community (like yourself) will support this.

I'm sorry, I thought this was a heavy roleplay server, my mistake! We already have bureaucracy, taxes, penal codes, and everything else. Is having a cooldown on your car really that bad if you wrap it around a pole? It's roleplay. Roleplay that your vehicle is at the shop, shake things up. Get your buddy to toss you his extra keys of his car, ride in that! I also didn't realize I hated the street racing community now, but it's a good thing you told me that I did, I would've never known? In all seriousness that's a complete strawman argument. I don't hate street racers. I only dislike when people want to street race without roleplay. We are on this server for roleplay. If you don't want to roleplay and only want to race, there's heaps of servers on FiveM and RAGE that fit the bill perfectly.

10 hours ago, Protheus said:

How would this suggestion only have an effect on street racers? Sure, people have singled them out in this discussion, but that comes with the territory. Street racers are among the most likely to crash due to them almost definitely driving faster than the speed limit. I see nothing saying it ought to only effect street racers, but I agree with OP that crashes should be roleplayed properly unless it is absolutely clear it was due to sync or lag.

Also, if you see anyone from PD, SD or FD driving unrealistically? Report them! I'm almost sure you see fewer of them during it, and if you go ahead and send it to their faction leadership as well, they'll surely punish them. These factions put weight on being role models, so if their own are driving like it was GTAO, you can be sure they will be punished for it. It might not be from your report, but if enough people do it, a record is compiled that'll lead to punishment of that player.

Couldn't have said this better myself. Street racers are mentioned because they are demographically the most likely to total their car not clearing an intersection at 120. If you see PD/SD/FD doing dumb stuff, report them. LFM and faction leadership are very harsh when it comes to stuff like this, people have had their vehicle rights taken away before. This isn't "only targeting street racers" though I can see by the toxic replies and disdain by many on this thread of the idea of roleplaying consequences many feel victimized and think it is. The discussion was never about solely ruining Vin Diesel and co.'s day. The suggestion even says "et cetera" in the title. Everyone needs to take a chill pill, it's only a suggestion. It can't hurt you or the number in the top right of your screen.

i am offended by this suggestion and demand reparation, you cannot stop my 21 year old asian qt3.14 street racer mechanic from doing 160 around a bend and me fixing the car damages bc she's a good driver IC and i simply just cant properly portray my baby driver level skill on this server, fuck you chromaticdeath! fuck you!!!!

yeah good suggestion

Edited by LICE
  • Applaud 2
On 4/6/2021 at 9:41 PM, Phased said:

Unless you live inside the Fast and the Furious franchise - it's not as prominent as people seem to think it is.   Especially racing on roads.   There would be traffic on these roads and you'd have a fat hope in hell doing 120 on a busy road.

Also, have you ever seen the highways in Los Angeles?  If you tried to start a race on the highways around Los Santos - 60% of the time you'd still be on the starting line 25 minutes in if the realistic level of traffic was there.

Los Angeles is at rush hour 24/7, thanks for the update!

2 minutes ago, Misuu said:

Los Angeles is at rush hour 24/7, thanks for the update!

Congratulations on your ability to take everything in the context which meets your narrative of "nobody knows anything but me".

It's a high population area where there would be other traffic doesn't mean rush hours 24/7, but it does mean that the four-lane roads in the city would absolutely have traffic 99% of the time.   Racing on these streets is nonsense.   

When it comes to the smaller streets, for instance the south side of Los Santos - there would be a shit ton of cars parked up on the sides of roads as not everyone has a driveway or a garage.  The fact that cars can be despawned shouldn't be taken into consideration when it comes to street racing.

And lastly, on the highways, for about 2-3 hours from 7am it's nose-to-tail, and again from 4 till about 6 it's the same.  Outside of those hours there is still absolutely more than enough traffic to make street racing near enough impossible.  This also doesn't even factor in for the fact that CHP have camera cars, and radio cars at regular intervals to deal with that sort of thing.   With a server capacity of 1,000 players the LSSD can't realistically cover that but for the sake of continuity your characters should be acting like there's a realistic presence of officers on these roads.

The odd quarter mile run on a dirt road, or impromptu runs on short stretches make complete sense - but that's not what happens on this server.   People watch nopixel streamers and decide that the Los Santos Grand Prix is a realistic track and try to get people to run it in their Kawaii's and their Sultan Classic's.

1 minute ago, Phased said:

Congratulations on your ability to take everything in the context which meets your narrative of "nobody knows anything but me".

It's a high population area where there would be other traffic doesn't mean rush hours 24/7, but it does mean that the four-lane roads in the city would absolutely have traffic 99% of the time.   Racing on these streets is nonsense.   

When it comes to the smaller streets, for instance the south side of Los Santos - there would be a shit ton of cars parked up on the sides of roads as not everyone has a driveway or a garage.  The fact that cars can be despawned shouldn't be taken into consideration when it comes to street racing.

And lastly, on the highways, for about 2-3 hours from 7am it's nose-to-tail, and again from 4 till about 6 it's the same.  Outside of those hours there is still absolutely more than enough traffic to make street racing near enough impossible.  This also doesn't even factor in for the fact that CHP have camera cars, and radio cars at regular intervals to deal with that sort of thing.   With a server capacity of 1,000 players the LSSD can't realistically cover that but for the sake of continuity your characters should be acting like there's a realistic presence of officers on these roads.

The odd quarter mile run on a dirt road, or impromptu runs on short stretches make complete sense - but that's not what happens on this server.   People watch nopixel streamers and decide that the Los Santos Grand Prix is a realistic track and try to get people to run it in their Kawaii's and their Sultan Classic's.

cars are also parked in the middle of the street, obstructing traffic. noted.

Just now, Phased said:

New York hopes to end parking war between drivers and street sweepers - Los  Angeles Times

Oh yeah lads, we can get two Sultan Classic's down that no bother.   First to the end gets 100k!!! 

you googled "very busy Los Angeles street" just to prove a point which is invalid anyway. "nobody knows anything but me"

Just now, Misuu said:

you googled "very busy Los Angeles street" just to prove a point which is invalid anyway. "nobody knows anything but me"

I'm wasting my time explaining basic logic I see.  Hope you have fun with the great character development of pressing w.

2 minutes ago, Phased said:

I'm wasting my time explaining basic logic I see.  Hope you have fun with the great character development of pressing w.

thank you for judging me without even knowing me personally. goes to show how deep you are. I completed cancelled and nullified all your arguments so you started a direct attack at my person. bravo. that's not how debates work.

• Wuhtah locked this topic