Transportation Jobs

simosd

Metro/ subway driver

the ability for players to drive the subway train for other players to ride it. It can have a ticket price (e.g. 5$) between stations. Players might want to ride the train if a station is near where they live.

Bus driver

making different bus routes which can be driven by a bus driver job and players can ride the bus to go where they want. (e.g if a bus stop is near where they live, they might want to take the bus) it can also have a ticket price of 1 - 1.5$

Intercity bus/ coach driver

A coach driver job to take players for example from Los santos to sandy shores or from paleto bay to LSIA.

Train driver

driving the train around and having some stations around the map could be helpful. You will just need to replace the cargo train with a passenger one. Players will be able to drive this train (as their job) and take players for example from Los santos to pale to bay. It can have a more expensive price (e.g. 20$ per trip)

most players will not use the transport system but can be useful for some. New players without vehicles might want to go to sandy shores or they might want to go to mirror park but not use a taxi. This will make the game much better.

IMG_8184.jpeg

Looks good in theory but in reality it.won't work simply because. 

1 Driving a train is extremely boring and players will quickly get bored of it.

2 The stations are located in spots where players don't really need to go.

3 Taxi.drivers don't really have that much work at the moment and I feel like we'd be taking away role play from the already small amount of clients to the cab drivers

Does anybody know if trains are synched well? 

I agree that driving a train would get pretty boring fast, and that’s the major issue. Sure you can roleplay certain things like prechecks of locomotives, RP at a yard/station, etc but it’s going to be a lot of the same stuff. Same argument can be made with trucking though to an extent. It would be cool though if trains ferried goods to docks/yards for truckers to transport the final mile(s). 

2 hours ago, Lop said:

I gotta give counter to most of the responses here, I'd be delighted at the prospect of driving a train.

Support?

I’d do it. Especially if there was a commercial train angle as well for supplying the economy with goods somehow. 

Edited by Sixty

This would be a great addition in theory and would add a lot, but I just don't see people using it often, honestly. There aren't enough people who don't have cars, and everyone who does is always driving their car. If there's a way it can be made more encouraging for people to use these modes of transportation, then it's a +1 for me.

20 hours ago, Moe said:

This would be a great addition in theory and would add a lot, but I just don't see people using it often, honestly. There aren't enough people who don't have cars, and everyone who does is always driving their car. If there's a way it can be made more encouraging for people to use these modes of transportation, then it's a +1 for me.

I think a big reason there’s a lack of people without cars is the inconsistency of transport without one - I know there’s a bus/transit faction as ive seen busses rolling around, but it’s not consistent enough to use over buying a cheap car. And taxis are too expensive so this transport system would have to be usable even at off-peak times or else people can’t rely on it. And that’s hard if it’s a player-driven job. 

The commercial train aspect though, I could see more being a reality. Ferrying cargo from the Paleto Bay factory to the yard in the city, or from the farms to a processing factory in the county for some examples. At the end of the day it sucks that the vanilla mapping is just a single rail though, it’ll make it very hard for multiple trains on the line and any sort of variety/making it an interesting job. At least with trucking you get a change of scenery. Driving a train is just gonna be pressing W and S and a horn if you’re lucky. 

Edited by delanto
  • Upvote 1

Rather than a tram/train service, I would LOVE to see a proper bus service. Going from the beach to the colleg etc etc. If implimented properly this could be a game changer to the public transport sector of the server.

• Wuhtah locked this topic