Adjust the despawn timer for Vehicles

AVAR

24 minutes ago, Entity said:

I'd personally like to see vehicles despawning after one hour after the owner of said vehicle disconnects from the server.

This really, I'd like to see it tied to ingame activity rather than spawn time.

For once it's a realism-immersion thing: in real life, there's cars parking down in the street infront of my house- okay not directly there, no parking zone, but you get what I mean, around the corner and on the parking lot there's cars.

And on the other hand ingame cars can indicate the presence of people, not just on a meta-gameyish level by indicating presence in general, but in character (when the boss' car is infront of the business to signalize all associateshis office is open for audience, for instance).

Might just be me but running outside to respawn/refresh the car while roleplaying is meh.

40 minutes ago, Satanic Chicken said:

Something like this could really help the server performance but it almost seems useless since the server restarts every night at the same time, therefore clearing the cars. We could perhaps keep the feature for normal cars and make faction cars not despawn or stay for like six hours.

That thing doesn't work, Nervous has done that because having so many cars spawned in the same area + car mods causes people to crash, have blurry textures or invisible buildings, RAGEMP has an internal memory limit and having so many things loaded only causes those glitches, Davis and Mission Row is a festive of crashes and blurry textures with invisible buildings.

I continue to support vehicle despawn, perhaps increasing the timer or just working when the user is with another character or off the server.

I would love to see the city full of vehicles but RAGEMP devs don't want to increase that internal memory or allow the use of mods to fix this problem.

23 minutes ago, CrisisGG said:

I can’t see any pros to adding this aside from maybe a slight boost to FPS. 

When rage runs out of memory also makes characters disappear.

Last night, on 1.1 as well, no mods https://gyazo.com/057dd6778e0e55b03676697fbfa16aff

Textures: https://gyazo.com/821b02a628de2cf7144999586c4cd27a

QRLVRtI.png4qVQkTg.png

eGKBQ3g.png
aZXdf3F.png

Edited by Jennie
  • Upvote 1

Keep it enabled. People first wanted 1.1 and now when it's time, they want more shit. It;'s their usual everyday whining, performance should come first.

Keep it 30 minutes if it's going to improve more stability. 

Edited by Zayyy

Parking outside nightclubs, bars etc. is going to be annoying. Imagine parking your car outside, you spend an hour+ inside, your car despawns, someone else parks in that spot and when you get back out you have to deal with spawning your car on top of another car.

That being said I understand why this has been implemented. Just wish there was some better way other than just extending the time.

Just now, GamingNinjaSheep said:

Parking outside nightclubs, bars etc. is going to be annoying. Imagine parking your car outside, you spend an hour+ inside, your car despawns, someone else parks in that spot and when you get back out you have to deal with spawning your car on top of another car.

That being said I understand why this has been implemented. Just wish there was some better way other than just extending the time.

Nervous scripted /fixveh for a reason. People need to adjust with some new things for 1.1. Rage itself cannot handle all this, imagine 800 cars being spawned on server at the same time? It's gonna cause a lot of performance issues.

It won't destroy anyone's character development if their car despawns after 1 hour.

2 hours ago, CrisisGG said:

Get rid of it entirely, this is a very bad addition that could have a massive impact on the server. 

Majority of clubs and so on are open for two to three hours a night, if everybodies car has despawned it’s just going to be super weird. On top of that, criminal roleplayers trying to break into cars are going to have a much harder time and the streets will feel a lot emptier.

If it’s in place to tackle people’s cars being left in the road after they crash and don’t return for an hour, I think this could be done differently, maybe through an IC impound yard

I can’t see any pros to adding this aside from maybe a slight boost to FPS. 

Implemented

3 hours ago, Nervous said:

Update 1.16.5 (1.1)

• The vehicle despawn timer is now after 3 hours, and only for non faction / non business vehicles
  • Vehicle garages should now be working way better
  • Spawning a vehicle from inside a garage or property is now possible
  • Furniture objects will now spawn facing north like on 0.3.7
  • Fixed /sniffcar - /sniffdrug & co by temporarely disabling the distance check for the K9
  • Fixed a bug where prisoners would lose their commissioner money after being arrested while already being in jail

L&A on that note.

• nateX locked this topic

Just as a note - If latest Rage changes fixes the crashes, we will get rid of this. If we still have too many vehicles and it's causing crashes ingame at peak time, we will re-enable it. We might change the timer based on how many players are online etc, but it'll depends of how it goes in the next weeks. My main goal is to disable it.

• Applaud 2