Company requesting deliveries but closed

BarbieXL

Hello there,

I ran in to a issue today. Thirst- Tea requested crates. Me and multiple other truckers bought crates and filled up our trucks. Thirst Tea was the only company requesting crates. We tried to sell it at the front door- with the necessary RP. But this wasn't possible, you had to go inside to sell it.  But,.. the doors were locked and the owner wasn't online. 

Now some would probably say it's an IC issue. And I would understand that, but IC there is literally no other way for truckers to deliver their crates and make money and do their job correctly if this happens. 

You could say, go to another place to deliver at, and restart your /startshipment, but it was the only place I could go to: 

3Ea2JfO.jpg

Now for new players this is especially some bad experience as they usually don't own a house or a apartment yet and do not have place to store the crates. But obviously it's also just unrealistic to have something like this happening in the middle of the day. 

There's no information about this store, no contact information anywhere. So truckers are also not able to contact the owner. I tried solving it IC and RP'd that my character was very worried, and maybe something happened to the owner, a heart attack, or maybe he was being kept hostage inside his own store, so I called the PD to be sure. Better safe than sorry, right? 

But the PD didn't do anything and didn't wanna check if the owner was kept hostage or maybe had a heart attack inside his store. 

Now, me as trucker has to go to his apartment, store 15 crates on the 4th floor somewhere and would have to grab them later again when a company requests those sudden crates, which is also not really realistic. 

Is it possible that someone / or the owner him/herself can replace the sell marker to the front of the door, so we can roleplay that we're delivering it inside his store or stockroom for the owner? 

If this is not possible, then is it possible to remove him from the "Delivery options" if his store is closed, or  at least inform the truckers that you will not be able to sell the crates as the doors are locked?  Many truckers are wasting fuel (RP wise) and money, because they can't do anything with their crates if they can not store it somewhere. 

Hope this issue could be solved, or maybe some advise on what else to do, if truckers have to solve this issue IC. 

Thank you
BarbieXL

Edited by BarbieXL
  • Upvote 6

This issue is of concern and is honestly frustrating & annoying, when you buy a crates for a business and it turns out to be closed without others requesting for the same type of crates, causing more clusterfuckery than normality. We need guidance yes and take everything IC but an owner wouldn't need the stock inside, he can just get it from the exterior.

(asfar as I know, companies don't deliver inside except big warehouse ones. You get hand-deliveried outside your door-step).

People getting forced upon on being calling script-related issues IC isn't anyway possible, you can't RP script-wise errors IC'ly, how hard you try. Somethings have to be taken out of concern to take a reason out of, what we get is a slap on our face with a tape wrapped on our lips that it is IC even if it is, why don't we get an IC solution out for it, causing ease with an outdoor drop-off stop. It's RP, we can throw the crates too at the business but script limitations shouldn't be a barrier to that. That'll be my response.

Edited by L1MEY
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

unknown.png
image.png.8db8b0e188a852509a1e9c74233f427c.png

image.png.3edc3d7e3d9158d4f04156f3e2e331da.png

This is the official "staff" stance about this issue, as I disagree much with it considering it a poorly elaborated answer for a problem than affects a huge number of the players. No one can do nothing with it. 

Even by some strange reason, someone was delivering crates to that specific business, someonee than had the keys due this easy fact than I always checked the numbers of the crates and it went from 100 to 76 and then to 36 in several hours.

@Frezemis I might ping you in here for clear this issue.

Edited by Xaleya
  • Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, Xaleya said:

unknown.png
image.png.8db8b0e188a852509a1e9c74233f427c.png

image.png.3edc3d7e3d9158d4f04156f3e2e331da.png

This is the official "staff" stance about this issue, as I disagree much with it considering it a poorly elaborated answer for a problem than affects a huge number of the players. No one can do nothing with it. 

Even by some strange reason, someone was delivering crates to that specific business, someonee than had the keys due this easy fact than I always checked the numbers of the crates and it went from 100 to 76 and then to 36 in several hours.

@Frezemis I might ping you in here for clear this issue.

Mhm alright. Can he tell us what to do ICly instead of using the "radio" which truckers don't have, only ' Trucking Companies'  do. 

Also heard another trucker say "The interior is bugged that's why they locked it". That also means it's something OOC as the interior is glitched. 

Also, why is there a option at other companies to sell it at the front door when the door is locked and not at this store.  Notify truckers maybe that we can't deliver there?  

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind taking this issue IC. But there is no IC way to solve this issue if there are not plenty of solutions, only some unrealistic ones as storing your crates in an apartment, top floor. Bit of empathy here for truckers?  Or is this gonna be a scenario where it is "Deal with it, -closed" ?  As I'm here to obviously just ask the question on how to solve this issue and I came up with a couple of ideas so I hope they will consider looking in to this. This is the first time I ran in to this issue and noticed many other truckers already have.  So clearly more truckers in the future will get this issue and will not know what to do and will make a ticket as it looks like it bugged. 

When a company orders something they usually contact another company for a business-to-business deal. It's not like they put up a Facebook marketplace post saying "Mcdonald's here, we need 20 bags of potatoes and 20 bags of meat, just drop it by us." They contact a company that sells the product and the trucker is either part of the supply company or just a random trucker that doesn't care about what he transports, he just wants his money for the drive.

Now drivers are more like sellers because they buy and then they sell. I don't think they should be affected by that and store their cargo in their houses. In the worst-case scenario, they won't get paid. And also no truck driver in real-life stores cargo at his house, he either delivers it and leaves it at the business, or returns it to the factory.

I think it's a script/general game problem. In reality, 99% of businesses have their phone number available. They sure give their number to their supplier. If an owner would have a cargo haul at his door he would send someone there ASAP, but because this is a game and you can't be on 24/7 things like this happen.

12 minutes ago, Stripy said:

When a company orders something they usually contact another company for a business-to-business deal. It's not like they put up a Facebook marketplace post saying "Mcdonald's here, we need 20 bags of potatoes and 20 bags of meat, just drop it by us." They contact a company that sells the product and the trucker is either part of the supply company or just a random trucker that doesn't care about what he transports, he just wants his money for the drive.

Now drivers are more like sellers because they buy and then they sell. I don't think they should be affected by that and store their cargo in their houses. In the worst-case scenario, they won't get paid. And also no truck driver in real-life stores cargo at his house, he either delivers it and leaves it at the business, or returns it to the factory.

I think it's a script/general game problem. In reality, 99% of businesses have their phone number available. They sure give their number to their supplier. If an owner would have a cargo haul at his door he would send someone there ASAP, but because this is a game and you can't be on 24/7 things like this happen.

Yea, and besides that. In real life, such a big delivery = appointment. 

1 hour ago, NickXI said:

Perhaps an easy way to avoid this would be to go to the business beforehand to see if anyone is there and/or if the doors are locked

Which is also unrealistic, real truckers don't do that either. Most of the time, they'd deliver it to the neighbor's