Update Phone Store Models

Wisci

Short description: Update phones at the phone store without adjustment to prices to more modern models.

Detailed description: The current phones in the phone store are rather dated. Much like real life, these models are updated over time and older generations are phased out. All existing owned phones should remain the same model, but purchasable phones in the store should be removed and replaced with a new list of devices at similar price range (and possibly some existing models could see a price reduction).

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: EXAMPLE LIST

• Samsung Galaxy Z Flip - $5,000 (SMART)
  • Samsung Galaxy Note20 - $4,000 (SMART)
  • Samsung Galaxy S21 - $3,500 (SMART)
  • iPhone SE - $1,100 (SMART)
  • iPhone 12 Pro - $4,000 (SMART)
  • iPhone 12 - $2,800 (SMART)
  • OnePlus 8T - $3000 (SMART)
  • LG Stylo 6 - $750 (SMART)
  • Google Pixel 5 - $2,000 (SMART)
  • Nokia 225 - $500 (CLASSIC)
  • Alcatel MYFLIP - $300 (CLASSIC)

How would your suggestion improve the server? This would simply keep continuity between the real world and our existing supply of phones, and phase out models that aren't frequently found in the North American market (Pocophone F1) or simply are too old (iPhone 3).

Additional information: N/A

• Upvote 2

Been a while since I had to get a new phone in game but wouldn’t getting an updated phone scratch your old number and replace it with a new one?

If not then awesome! 
If they do then I would rather keep my older gen phone just to avoid the hassle of a new number

43 minutes ago, Memozzy said:

Been a while since I had to get a new phone in game but wouldn’t getting an updated phone scratch your old number and replace it with a new one?

If not then awesome! 
If they do then I would rather keep my older gen phone just to avoid the hassle of a new number

Each character has a 'main' number. It's a random number by default, and is replaced if you buy a custom number.

If you use the main number, you can set a new contract phone to use the same number, custom or not.

The idea is that you can keep your old phones, but any new phones you purchase (from losing the phone, getting robbed, etc.) would be a more modern equivalent.

Edited by Wisci
2 hours ago, Pathway said:

yes, iphone 3 should be completely taken off the store ive never seen an iphone 3 in a phone store in my life. Iphone 5 is reasonable, but 3 is literally not in any store

I work in the industry. Aside from maybe second hand shops, the oldest available phone is the iPhone 7 and even that is being phased out in favor of the iPhone 8 / SE.

Agreed. Updating the phones as the time goes on is something that happens in real-life, and could be reflected in-game as well for some additional immersion. Phasing out old ones, bringing it new ones. Supported!

I think this is a good idea and can have a positive effect in two ways.

1) Modernizing IC tech.

2) If the old phones are left in, it'll create a slight used market. They aren't valuable enough to become a major moneysink, but it could potentially provide a bit more RP for tech/phone stores and pawn shops. Niche, no doubt, but people might seek out these shops and RP being financially disadvantaged and buying used is a more viable option. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic