Allow us to transport bikes in vehicles.

ThatDutchPerson

Short description: Implement a feature which allows us to put our bicycles (not motorcycles) in our cars.

Detailed description: At the moment, people use /fixveh as an unofficial (and actually disallowed) way to roleplay transporting their bicycle with their car. This way they can RP loading it in, /vpark it, head over to the location, /fixveh and /vget, and roleplay unloading it.

Seems like a legit way to me, untill a helper told me (with confirmation by a staff member) that is actually not allowed.

I was kind of surprised. Afterwards, I was told that if we wish to roleplay transporting our bicycle, we'd need to /report and ask for permission.

This however would cause massive delays and stalling to roleplay, given the current average response time to reports.

Please add a command/system to put a bike in a car, with a maximum of 1 or 2.

Either that, or allow us to use /fixveh to RP transporting bicycles.

Bigger vehicles like vans and trucks could obviously transport more than 1 or 2.

Commands to add: Possibly /vbikeput and /vbiketake

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? More realism, more support to sportive characters.

Additional information: N/A

• Upvote 2

I'd say that this is a solid suggestion but you shouldn't be able to do it in compact vehicles. 

Yes, before any1 says anything I know it is perfectly possible to cram a bike into a compact, I use to try and do this myself with my own compact. But it is fucking hard as shit and one hell of a workout once u get it. U gotta move the handlebar every which different way and move the wheels etc. it just isn't worth the time. 

Obviously if implemented the admins can go thru all the cars in the game and say "this car can reasonably fit a bike in it"

37 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

Or just fit the bike on top of (or on the back of) your compact. As long as it's not a motorcycle carrying a bike, it's fine - let's not go down the road of assessing every single vehicle individually when (as you mentioned) it's still very possible.

Then I expect that if somebody tosses it into the back of their compact, they fucking cuss like a sailor the whole time, for realism sake of course. 

Edited by Juicebox.

I like the idea, I kinda semi-support this, because the vehicle you use for to transport the bicycle has to be realistically able to actually transport a bicycle you can put into the trunk. If there would be a command or would make it available to put the bicycle into every car and there are cars you can’t really put a bicycle behind plus in order for the bicycle to be placed into the vehicle it would have to be an item.. It doesn’t really work in my opinion to transform an actual „vehicle“ (bicycle) into an item to put it into the car.

11 hours ago, Juicebox. said:

I'd say that this is a solid suggestion but you shouldn't be able to do it in compact vehicles. 

Yes, before any1 says anything I know it is perfectly possible to cram a bike into a compact, I use to try and do this myself with my own compact. But it is fucking hard as shit and one hell of a workout once u get it. U gotta move the handlebar every which different way and move the wheels etc. it just isn't worth the time. 

Obviously if implemented the admins can go thru all the cars in the game and say "this car can reasonably fit a bike in it"

Yes true, there should be a few restrictions. For example the Obey Argento got a roof attachment where you could attach bikes too. But that's a modded one where the modder implentend it.

Would be great to have like a roof attachment and as soon as you add a bike, it actually changes the roof to holding bikes instead of holding none. 🙂

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Robby said:

Yes true, there should be a few restrictions. For example the Obey Argento got a roof attachment where you could attach bikes too. But that's a modded one where the modder implentend it.

Would be great to have like a roof attachment and as soon as you add a bike, it actually changes the roof to holding bikes instead of holding none. 🙂

YES

4 minutes ago, Nikki said:

YES

I mean it would be possible scriptwise to perhaps make all the bikes an item when you write a command. Then they are put into the vehicle and are included within the weight so you can stack max. 2 in your vehicle.

Back when hunting was still a thing, carcesses were picked up from the ground and placed within vehicles. Perhaps something similar like that.

• Wuhtah locked this topic