make ttcf characters

arkan

7 hours ago, Aquila said:

so much terminology that doesn't make sense to me

what's a car

google says the following

CAR: "That guy's in the New York car. If you fuck with him, you'll have to deal with all of them."

A car is a group of prisoners who ride together on the yard if anything jumps off. In prison it's all about your allies. You can be in a car based on your race, geographical affiliation, or what gang you're in.

i've been considering having a character for prison rp but not only have i never been to/visited a prison, i don't know how american prisons work, i assume there's a high standard of rp and fixation to reality in the ttcf scene

1 hour ago, shaobadman said:

google says the following

CAR: "That guy's in the New York car. If you fuck with him, you'll have to deal with all of them."

A car is a group of prisoners who ride together on the yard if anything jumps off. In prison it's all about your allies. You can be in a car based on your race, geographical affiliation, or what gang you're in.

i've been considering having a character for prison rp but not only have i never been to/visited a prison, i don't know how american prisons work, i assume there's a high standard of rp and fixation to reality in the ttcf scene

Make one anyway, as someone who RPs in prison daily I promise you if you don't know how it works, so long as you don't come in trolling or something it'll be explained to you by the more experienced inmates. No one is expected to know all the rules and do's and don't right off the bat and it'll all be explained to you when you get there.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Gaius said:

Make one anyway, as someone who RPs in prison daily I promise you if you don't know how it works, so long as you don't come in trolling or something it'll be explained to you by the more experienced inmates. No one is expected to know all the rules and do's and don't right off the bat and it'll all be explained to you when you get there.

I was gonna send one of my characters to prison with their IC best friend, but problem was that they're both a girl and guy, respectively.

Trying to draw straws with my characters to see who goes to jail.

8 minutes ago, Aquila said:

I was gonna send one of my characters to prison with their IC best friend, but problem was that they're both a girl and guy, respectively.

Trying to draw straws with my characters to see who goes to jail.

Yeah there's very little mingling between sex's in TTCF, if you're send someone you're better off coming with no strings attached or friends, make the whole experience a bit more intimidating and tense.

6 minutes ago, Gaius said:

Yeah there's very little mingling between sex's in TTCF, if you're send someone you're better off coming with no strings attached or friends, make the whole experience a bit more intimidating and tense.

Pretty much this, @Aquila.

We understand and completely welcome people who are not as experienced with jail roleplay as others may be. I can say, you will have a more 'realistic' experience if you are roleplaying a male. The females within the system in general do not have much of an idea about what is being portrayed and it can sometimes feel like highschool detention. It's a work in progress trying to better that knowledge for those members of the community.

We have a ton of guides (no they're not massive reads) within our forums.

https://lssd.gta.world/viewforum.php?f=205

You'll need to make a request to get the "Inmate" role to see this area, here: https://lssd.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=204&t=68

40 minutes ago, honey. said:

We have a ton of guides (no they're not massive reads) within our forums.

https://lssd.gta.world/viewforum.php?f=205

You'll need to make a request to get the "Inmate" role to see this area, here: https://lssd.gta.world/viewtopic.php?f=204&t=68

Can't this stuff be posted in the guides section by a member of SD? 

Always thought it was counter-intuitive to have guides that are arguably the most important guides you'd need locked behind a forum 85% of the community will probably never need or use.