(/r)adio quality of life improvements

u10sil

On 1/19/2021 at 2:15 AM, phantom_ said:

The thing is, at least in PD, if you're below a certain rank its MG if you have your radio turned on when off duty. It's not a matter of preference. RPly you can't even take it home, so... there's no preference to be made.

Other thing is radios are not only used for factions. What if you want to set up a walkie talkie channel for you and your friends? According to that suggestion you can't until you're on duty. 
You should be able to toggle off or on the automated radio blackout on logon, but not be forced via your duty command.

Edited by Baggy
On 3/8/2021 at 5:57 AM, Baggy said:

Other thing is radios are not only used for factions. What if you want to set up a walkie talkie channel for you and your friends? According to that suggestion you can't until you're on duty. 
You should be able to toggle off or on the automated radio blackout on logon, but not be forced via your duty command.

Sorry, should have been more specific. 

This is geared towards radios on legal faction members. 

If you’re using a radio to talk to your friends... well, I won’t go there. But this isn’t geared for those people. 

58 minutes ago, u10sil said:

Sorry, should have been more specific. 

This is geared towards radios on legal faction members. 

If you’re using a radio to talk to your friends... well, I won’t go there. But this isn’t geared for those people. 

Still fits in my point. Even someone who is in a legal faction, why would you completely prevent them from getting access to their radio when they're off duty, being an other radio ICly? They may use private channels like walkie talkies, it's just common sense to /togr or just ignore it in my opinion

Absolutely agreed with the suggestion. I find it to be very weird on having the radio continuously turned on, especially when you, as a faction member go off-duty -- realistically you'd have the radio tucked away, not with you at the time (exceptions as mentioned to high ranking members of factions). Having to turn it on or off through your inventory would be the most realistic approach to this, whenever you want it on -- you'd have to turn it on, if you want to have it on, navigate through your inventory and turn it off.

Absolutely agree with u10sil here. I would be happy if the default option for radios was off, this goes for everyone and not just government entities. I, again, wont go into what my beliefs are about your average every day person using a walkie-talkie for communications, but I don't see why people would be tuned into their frequencies unless necessary (or why most would be carrying around their radios when not on shift for example). To me that doesn't make logical sense.

Edited by Dawn
2 hours ago, Baggy said:

Still fits in my point. Even someone who is in a legal faction, why would you completely prevent them from getting access to their radio when they're off duty, being an other radio ICly? They may use private channels like walkie talkies, it's just common sense to /togr or just ignore it in my opinion

It could just be like the new weapon wheel where you can choose which one you wanna use. If there was something like /defaultradiostatus on/off that would let everybody pick and choose which option they want and keep it at that

On 3/9/2021 at 11:33 AM, adir said:

Having to turn it on or off through your inventory would be the most realistic approach to this, whenever you want it on -- you'd have to turn it on, if you want to have it on, navigate through your inventory and turn it off.

This is another approach. Just save the user's last /togr state in the database/whatever so that when they log back in, it's what it was like when they logged out. And remove all the automatic radio toggling logic. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic