Why are guns so damn expensive?

SpeedOfThought

2 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Firearms shouldn't be something that you purchase, frequently. Shouldn't be putting your self in situations where you lose your firearm within a matter of a week.

Sometimes it is hard to control losing your gun or not. You never know what can happen. I have been robbed in a ton of different places. I've been robbed trying to buy an apartment, giving someone a ride in a limo. If I'm buying a gun I'm buying it to keep it on me for protection. If i buy a gun just to keep it stashed in my house it is kind of pointless. But there are occasions when I will have my gun on me and I get robbed and I can't do anything about it. 

55 minutes ago, BjornV said:

So get a legal gun..

Or use knives/bats/whatever.

The gun economy is expensive because people are willing to pay 40k for a firearm. I do not believe it's admins setting these prices.

IF I have a criminal record I can't get a gun legally, or if my character is a criminal or in a gang, they are probably not gonna' get a PF license

10 minutes ago, Yoshijira said:

Sure but can we please acknowledge that the reason why muggings are the way there, or at least the "meta" and by far most common method of mugging conducted on this server is not done so necessarily because someone is a terrible RP'er, although in some instances that's certainly the case, but is more so made out of response of how this server functions?

Yes, as much as I'd like to create a fun scene whilst still conducting the robbery in a timely and realistic manner, a lot of RP'ers simply don't allow you to do this. Civilian RP'ers, at least in my experience, will often stall until a friend of theirs that they hit on Discord will swing by or will simply wait for a cop to show up. The whole "/me runs pockets, /b showitems" spread into popular usage for robber RP'ers simply due to the fact that it became a reaction to people stalling RP, lying about what items they have on them and etc. The grand majority of people that end up getting mugged do not carry the same mindset as you, and often do not wish to take L's scriptly. That's just the reality of the situation.

This is bit off-topic, but we are on text server, few seconds robberies are simply a no-go. If you are robbing me, you will wait while I type my emote in response to your interruption of my daily life. If you do not wanna wait, sorry, but that's not my concern.

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

This is bit off-topic, but we are on text server, few seconds robberies are simply a no-go. If you are robbing me, you will wait while I type my emote in response to your interruption of my daily life. If you do not wanna wait, sorry, but that's not my concern.

So type at normal speed? If I sense you are stalling for a second the robbery is over. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

So type at normal speed? If I sense you are stalling for a second the robbery is over. 

There have been a lot of times where I'm trying to RP with someone, either in a fight or robbery and I will reply to them fast and keep the RP going at a decent pace, and others who just take ages. I like to consider myself a pretty fast typer, but if you can't type at a good speed and keep up with certain RP, it can get annoying. I'm not trying to wait 1 minute between responses and risk someone showing up or the police showing up. 

1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

It was not the victim that decided to initiate the mugging in the middle of a high traffic street. If time is a concern, you are either demanding to find too much, or more likely than not, engaging your victims outside of where muggings should normally occur.

7 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

See? This is the problem with robberies, most of them are not planned, which kinda complicates things. If you can afford a gun for a robbery, you can afford a car and companion too. Point out a mark, maybe someone dressed nicely or someone using an expensive phone when you see them using it. Force them into a car and drive them somewhere, where it can be played out. Why? Cause random robberies rarely happen with a gun, if someone tackles you in the an alley, they usually poor hoping to snatch your phone and few scraps for their drugs.

Edited by Engelbert
3 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

It was not the victim that decided to initiate the mugging in the middle of a high traffic street. If time is a concern, you are either demanding to find too much, or more likely than not, engaging your victims outside of where muggings should normally occur.

Pretty bold to declare that without asking. I don’t initiate a robbery in the middle of a high traffic street. It doesn’t matter if you’re at a venue or in a drug den. If I sense you are stalling it’s over. 

3 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

See? This is the problem with robberies, most of them are not planned, which kinda complicates things. If you can afford a gun for a robbery, you can afford a car and companion too. Point out a mark, maybe someone dressed nicely or someone using an expensive phone when you see them using it. Force them into a car and drive them somewhere, where it can be played out. Why? Cause random robberies rarely happen with a gun, if someone tackles you in the an alley, they usually poor hoping to snatch your phone and few scraps for their drugs.

You too are assuming way too much and just brushing everything off as a dumb robbery when you have no idea how I conduct mine or why. It doesn’t matter, if you stall it’s over. I’ve had snatch and grab kidnappings where it takes 20 minutes to get somebody in a car, it’s ridiculous. If somebody is stalling it tells me they’re not open to roleplay, there’s a distinguishing difference between stalling and just being a slow typer. I’ll happily roleplay robbing one person for an hour and a half, something that happened in the past because things went sideways and it

turned into a chaotic kidnapping. But stalling is a different kind of bullshit, it tells you “you are going to have a bad time roleplaying here”.

It’s simple, in a robbery you have bad victims and bad robbers. You can tell a bad robbery just the same as a bad victim. You can see a dumb robber coming from a mile away, well we can see a bad victim from the second we start an interaction. Now I’m sure if either of you were robbed by me or my people you’d walk away with more of an experience than less of your stuff. But there are as many bad victims as there are bad robbers. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Now I’m sure if either of you were robbed by me or my people you’d walk away with more of an experience than less of your stuff.

Then it sounds like we do not have an issue. If your roleplay quality is as good as you say, you are not at risk of missing out or being treated as an example.

The only people that miss out on this reward of fifty thousand dollars, are the ones that deliberately engage in poor low-quality roleplay in conditions unsuited to their objective and then refuse to improve or learn at all.

Why you insist on protecting those that do an almost deliberate harm to your reputation and future interactions, I struggle to understand.

Edited by DasFroggy