Club Characters + Drugs & Alcohol

aldo

19 minutes ago, aldo said:

who goes to clubs and doesn't get drunk? 1 in 100 people? wtf

It depends on your peer group. Of the last six or so times we've been out together only two - I think - of my friends got close to being drunk. We mostly just don't see the need for it, not to mention it's so expensive.

2 minutes ago, Greyfeather said:

It depends on your peer group. Of the last six or so times we've been out together only two - I think - of my friends got close to being drunk. We mostly just don't see the need for it, not to mention it's so expensive.

Good chunk of people tend to get pre-drunk before entering clubs, any way. The logic is "Why spent $600 on a shot of whiskey when I can purchase the whole bottle for $100-$200 dollars"... or, in the real-world sense, why pay $8 for a beer when I can purchase four of them at the liquor store. In the U.S., clubs hire security agents to literally frisk people to ensure that they aren't smuggling bottles or firearms in the club, for this simple reason.

Edited by DLimit
1 minute ago, Greyfeather said:

that's YOUR group but what about the rest of the people in the clubs? they are expensive ur right, but nobody rps having pre drinks either

6 minutes ago, aldo said:

that's YOUR group but what about the rest of the people in the clubs? they are expensive ur right, but nobody rps having pre drinks either

You have people trucking 12 hours a day and then they don't R.P. any stress from it. A trucker's life is depressing... they spend most of their time, by themselves, traversing throughout the state or nation to deliver goods, with shifts lasting days, on end. On their days off? They'll drink heavily to cope with the stress.

As for UNIVERSITY STUDENTS! Every student, that I've ever met, are OPEN about drinking HEAVILY. Even the professors make jokes about going to the bar with their students... the academic world is a stressful world, and they drink A LOT.

If you reside in North-America, examine all of your university friends. How many of them reference to alcohol in their memes? The wine and beer jokes are endless.

Edited by DLimit

My friends and I IRL always do pre-drinks before leaving for a club. But I must say narcotics are more and more popular amongst the younger population. It's not uncommon to smoke a joint, take Molly, or similar before entering a club or even at the club. It's always been fascinating why this isn't portrayed in game. 

Just now, aldo said:

Yes, this is my point too. It is my peer group, but as the articles I've posted are showing, more and more of us are turning away from it.

I do see people RPing taking drugs in LS clubs almost every time I go to one. Maybe they're the same people taking them? 

3 minutes ago, Greyfeather said:

Yes, this is my point too. It is my peer group, but as the articles I've posted are showing, more and more of us are turning away from it.

I do see people RPing taking drugs in LS clubs almost every time I go to one. Maybe they're the same people taking them? 

One is an Australian source, and the other sources hint that people tend to prefer marijuana over alcohol. Due to the stigma, most people don't want to disclose their addiction to random interviewers. My source, on the other hand, is from an addiction rehabilitation organization that drug tests and collaborates with addicts in the U.S.... they claim that marijuana and opiate addiction has spiked, even amongst young adults in their early twenties, and that's only reported cases.

I'll assure you, right now, if I was approached by a news reporter on the street, asking if I used marijuana, alcohol, or opiates, I would've lied to them... this was back when I use to consume alcohol and marijuana. However, if I was in a drug rehabilitation center, the facts would be disclosed as I am clearly at that center for a reason.

Edited by DLimit
7 minutes ago, DLimit said:

As for UNIVERSITY STUDENTS! Every student, that I've ever met, are OPEN about drinking HEAVILY. Even the professors make jokes about going to the bar with their students... the academic world is a stressful world, and they drink A LOT.

📠📠📠📠📠📠📠📠

Most of these people are University students. If not? Then, they're heavy in the work industry:

P.S. Only one person is in their fourties. The rest of them are 18-28. Alcohol culture, on F.B., has increased DRAMATICALLY within the past decade. People that were the most innocent of beings in High-School are getting plastered.

hd6Puvp.png
6wfLIwl.png

Edited by DLimit