Official Status

Sinister

i am concerned with elitism but i think that'll always be a factor no matter where you go. giving players incentive to strive for something should, hopefully, be a net positive. just hoping it doesnt bring unwanted drama from the competitive environment it might provide

28 minutes ago, changooman said:

I really don't understand the need to gate keep with an official status. The current system is more than sufficient. 

This. No need to mess up a good system just because "It incentivizes good rp" or it "gives you something to strive for". If it's not broke don't fix it. 

LSRP's official system was literally just admin facs becoming official, we don't need that here. Someone said we need something that shows IFM approve of a fac? IFM approves of every faction, how do you think they got accepted. We don't need to place anyone on a pedastal, or "reward" good RP with some status. What would official status even provide other than being pinned on the forums? LSRPs official system was ass and we have a better system of suppliers on a case-by-case basis instead of just based on how long your thread was up or wether an admin started the faction.

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, Gall said:

IThe system's worked great before, I think it'd do better here. 

The system literally worked ass before. LSRP's official system definently wasn't based around rewarding good RP. Admin factions would recieve official status within a couple months and other facs which were objectively better and existed for longer (not being bias as I wasn't part of the facs I'm referring to) wouldn't recieve this status at all. 

The system also provided supplier for official facs, we already have a supplier system so how would it even work here.

Edited by Pathway

This suggestion will only do good for the illegal scene. At the moment we have around ten MC's and around twice as many OCG's... it's ridiculous. I think IFM should be as strict as PM when it comes to denying low quality factions. Enforcing high standards in your faction will only be a long term detriment to that faction with the current system. 

Just now, Pathway said:

This. No need to mess up a good system just because "It incentivizes good rp" or it "gives you something to strive for". If it's not broke don't fix it. 

LSRP's official system was literally just admin facs becoming official, we don't need that here. Someone said we need something that shows IFM approve of a fac? IFM approves of every faction, how do you think they got accepted. We don't need to place anyone on a pedastal, or "reward" good RP with some status. What would official status even provide other than being pinned on the forums? LSRPs official system was ass and we have a better system of suppliers on a case-by-case basis instead of just based on how long your thread was up or wether an admin started the faction.

It incentivizes good role-play which should be a good enough reason in itself. It creates longevity for factions going forward.

It doesn't have to be related to LSRP's system, it can be changed in major ways. There needs to be a way to decipher history in factions, which factions are providing better role-play and realism, etc. This isn't LSRP, the system was flawed because the server/community was flawed. We're working with a new community, economy, and game.

• Upvote 1
  • Bospy locked this topic