too many mobs

aldo

While there may be 17 mobs/organized crime families, there is a wide spectrum of "organized crime". You have major drug dealing organizations to mafia controlling businesses across LS. It's a wide variety, and I don't think it's doing GTAW any harm by having variety. While I don't RP in an organized crime family myself, it isn't harming anyone. This is coming from someone who prefers and usually RPs in street level gangs.

Edited by xdthe
1 hour ago, Visceral said:

No mate, you are simply incorrect and need to update your information. La Cosa Nostra = The American Mob/Mafia. If you did one second of a google you would discover that for yourself.

Cosa Nostra = "Our thing" / Sicilian Mafia
La Cosa Nostra = The American Mafia, originally derived from Sicily/Italy but completely separate to the organizations across the seas. 

Yes, you’re right. 

Over-administering and micromanaging servers ends up destroying them. All factions should be welcomed, even if it means that there are more mobsters than civilians. From experience, I'd say that 50% of factions end up dissolving within their first six months. I'm an advocate of allowing people to roleplay whatever they want. Rejecting a faction because "we have too many of X" won't make those roleplayers join an existing faction or find a better theme, it'll just make them mallrats, going around LS committing the same crimes/making the same deals except as a factionless mix between a gangster, a hitman, Don Corleone and Pablo Escobar.

The vast majority of successful companies IRL are being run on the same concept of "persuasive" management, where incentives are provided for customers/employees to follow a certain direction but not straight up enforced (obviously there are still things that are enforced but persuasion is the primary goal). Similarly, GTA:W needs to provide incentives for people to create unique and rare forms of organized crime like cartels (I think cartels are rare, not sure since I haven't been too active on the illegal side).

Edited by TritonXVII
52 minutes ago, TritonXVII said:

Over-administering and micromanaging servers ends up destroying them. All factions should be welcomed, even if it means that there are more mobsters than civilians. From experience, I'd say that 50% of factions end up dissolving within their first six months. I'm an advocate of allowing people to roleplay whatever they want. Rejecting a faction because "we have too many of X" won't make those roleplayers join an existing faction or find a better theme, it'll just make them mallrats, going around LS committing the same crimes/making the same deals except as a factionless mix between a gangster, a hitman, Don Corleone and Pablo Escobar.

The vast majority of successful companies IRL are being run on the same concept of "persuasive" management, where incentives are provided for customers/employees to follow a certain direction but not straight up enforced (obviously there are still things that are enforced but persuasion is the primary goal). Similarly, GTA:W needs to provide incentives for people to create unique and rare forms of organized crime like cartels (I think cartels are rare, not sure since I haven't been too active on the illegal side).

There's a few Hispanic organizations, two major prison orgs with outside chapters to them, there's a cartel cell, and a hispanic DTO itself. All of which have good variety and their own theme, that suit each other for their concepts. I believe limiting concept numbers, does nothing but kill RP. As you said:  ", it'll just make them mallrats, going around LS committing the same crimes/making the same deals except as a factionless mix between a gangster, a hitman, Don Corleone and Pablo Escobar."  and this is true.

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, shiroq said:

There is plenty of every type of faction there, too much of some as is. We don't need more factions we need people to stop making new factions and join existing ones. There is absolutely every type of faction existing right now,  Mexican gangs, black gangs, black dto, MC's, LCN Family and two crews, white street gangs, two Armenian factions that are different to each other, Chinese street gangs, Korean OC and Street. The whole spectrum is pretty much covered even an Irish OC exists ... What more do you want?

I tend to disagree, at least on the gang rp front. I'd much rather have a dozen small, different street gangs than 4 large ones. Most gangs nowadays (with some notable exceptions) aren't even that large and the RP that can come out of a fractured Los Santos is incredible.

3 hours ago, jimmynutts said:

Makes no sense. What we know as the American Mob today, is the exact same thing as LCN

no its just american mob, in the 20s to 70s-80s yes it WAS known as LCN but not in 2020.  LCN is defunct

Edited by aldo
6 minutes ago, aldo said:

nothing about the american ‘mafia’ is sicilian

You are either a troll or literally too lazy to google. So I can't be bothered anymore. If you want to have a complete misunderstanding of everything Mafia related be my guest. 6 people in the comments showing you why you're wrong isn't enough for some people I guess.

Whatever your made up understanding is, either way you are entirely wrong when you say there are no LCN factions on this server. There are three. The American Mob is La Cosa Nostra. 

Edited by Visceral
4 minutes ago, Visceral said:

You are either a troll or literally too lazy to google. So I can't be bothered anymore. If you want to have a complete misunderstanding of everything Mafia related be my guest. 6 people in the comments showing you why you're wrong isn't enough for some people I guess.

i mean nothing about whats LEFT of the CURRENT AMERICAN MAFIA is sicilian (in 2020)

Edited by aldo