Play actual video IN GAME.

Kappaurel

Short description: Be able to play YOUTUBE and other sources videos / streams in game.

Detailed description: Well, the idea is so simple I'm surprised that no one suggested it before. Maybe someone did and I'm getting a forum warning, but I honestly tried to search by "play video" so... Anyways. It would be as simple as being able to play actual youtube video or streams through a link, to a TV, and everyone in the same room could see it. According to HaveADream this is "code-wise possible". So yeah, it would be something like /[command] [link], and you would be allowed to re-scale the size of the video / stream playing and move it to fit with the TV, or if that's impossible it could be linked with a TV item and that's that. If you are able to make the re-scale thing, we could apply that to any surface (that makes sense)

Commands to add: Could have any name but /play would work

Items to add: A TV item may be needed.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Open up a whole new world of RP chances, watching basketball games or whatever together, chilling, actual MOVIE THEATRES, or EVEN BETTER, drive-in movie threatres. A WHOLE new world of RP, allowing the people who actually make movies in game to show their work IN GAME and that.

Additional information: You could always lock this COOL feature behind a paywall ?

Edited by Kappaurel
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, MrMassara said:

I am pretty sure they’ve got like cinemas which enable people to stream videos and watch movies using a script but I haven’t seen anyone host any for ages so it might have been removed

Well, if that's the case then that system should expand to TVs in houses and that.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, MrMassara said:

I am pretty sure they’ve got like cinemas which enable people to stream videos and watch movies using a script but I haven’t seen anyone host any for ages so it might have been removed

That system is on the test server, and it was quite buggy if I remember correctly.

It's a cool suggestion but most of the resources are used for 1.1 development/script compatibility.

• 2 weeks later...
  • mj2002 locked this topic