Remove lockpick requirement if vehicle windows are left open.

Skip

25 minutes ago, TritonXVII said:

I brought up the Tesla to indicate that it isn't a common feature. If it were, you'd expect a computer car to have it out of the box, which it didn't for like 5 years (not because they couldn't make it, but because they didn't need to, it's a very rare feature).

Personally, I've only ever seen it on a few cars. I don't think it's exactly realistic for all cars to default to that behavior (closing windows when the engine is off).

It doesn't need to be on Tesla to make it a "common feature" 😉. I wanted to point out that this feature is already available years ago (starting from 2000'), and on generalist motor manufacturers, like Peugeot, Vauxhall/OPEL, Renault, VW Group and such (refer to my example), as well as more premium brand, but we are going off topic. 

I agree on the point which says that not every vehicle in GTA should have this feature, so it makes the idea more complicated. 

I support the original suggestion because someone who left the car windows open must face the consequences of easier theft.

This is a good idea in essence, but there are some particular cars that would suffer from it. My beloved Vapid Peyote is the example that comes to mind (I don't know if it's the only one). The car has a hard roof but it desyncs, to some people it appears removed and to some it appears on, so you might think your roof is up but others see it down.

Edited by Koko
1 hour ago, Koko said:

This is a good idea in essence, but there are some particular cars that would suffer from it. My beloved Vapid Peyote is the example that comes to mind (I don't know if it's the only one). The car has a hard roof but it desyncs, to some people it appears removed and to some it appears on, so you might think your roof is up but others see it down.

Regardless of desync I'm sure the script would be able to recognise if a window has been left down by variables within the script, so this isn't really an issue.

I vouch for this though.

• Thanks 1

Big support, as I simply see this as a quality of life addition. It's entirely the players fault if the window is left open, just like how IRL you shouldn't leave your window down when parking. I don't see a big disadvantage here, besides people chain robbing and targeting cars with open windows, but that's already against the rules, when it comes down to chain robbing.

BUT, a solution is needed for vehicles that don't have windows, like motorcycles.

• mj2002 locked this topic