Vehicle pricing and exclusion of certain vehicles

Marty

30 minutes ago, Sixth said:

Wanted to RP buying the Beater Dukes from a scrap yard and fixing it up. Can't do it because it's 90k. Thought this thing would be like 30k tops...

It contains all the modifications for fixed/broken panels plus also some more customization the regular dukes doesn't get. It's just a better version overall.

6 minutes ago, Enko said:

It contains all the modifications for fixed/broken panels plus also some more customization the regular dukes doesn't get. It's just a better version overall.

But you already pay for those modifications in the garage, visually the vehicle is the same, and its stats too.

2 minutes ago, Jennie said:

But you already pay for those modifications in the garage, visually the vehicle is the same, and its stats too.

I'm not commenting on the price of the vehicle, just a lot of people are not aware the new dukes contains the beater version and fixed panels + some extra bits you can't get on the regular dukes.

So we're talking about this, I couldn't have put it in words any better than you did (only objection I have to make is Drafter is actually better than Elegy), this really has to be changed, it shouldn't be expensive only because it looks good, we need a team of "car guys" to make the pricing of the cars. Not a BIASED team that would be picked cause someone knows them, but someone that actually knows their stuff, there are players on this server that know a lot about cars such as Samuel Courtland. There should be a team consisting of people that know stuff about cars even if they are just normal players and not admins/support and REGARDLESS of who they are. They know their stuff, if we get this right, it will have a huge impact on immersion.

At the same time though, for these prices to work and not break the economy, we'd need to fix the economy itself, because cars will cost too low and we'd make too much money. Some of the cars are imo well priced on the luxury/performance ratio, but some are a bit scuffed.
A good solution is to center the IG prices to IRL prices and just increase the price of every car by the same amount/percent, for example make every car x times more expensive, but have the original price based off IRL prices.

Example:

Elegy - IRL price range: 50k
So make it 5 times more expensive I guess, that's $250,000
Landstalker XL - IRL price range: 80k

Multiplied by 5, that's $400,000, pretty high price, but as some said (and it's true) it's a luxury SUV, deserves the price I guess.

Jester Classic - IRL price range: 25k (unless I'm wrong)
x5, that's $125,000

You get the point.
These are just examples, could be multiplied by 3 for example Idk, but imo anything above 5 times is getting too ridiculous, the market itself will anyway go up IG as it already does with many cars.

Edited by Puglad

Entire economy would need to be changed in every way possible if prices would be changed to realistic ones (no less than a full asset wipe and severely decreasing all earnings). I'd love to see logical car pricing but only changing car prices will make the server a meme with the current economy. 

this has been a conversation for a while and the only thing it ever does is just cause prices to go up because there's 2 sides to it. there's the people that are like "ree fuck that car make it 800k so less mallrats have it" from someone who's RP consists of drug deals, 50 PKs and OOC fighting 24/7 over what gangs are good, and then there's the side that's just as loud that's all the neon pink elegy and sultan classic drivers evading the police 24/7 and barely rping anything. stuck in the middle is people who actually realize it's roleplay and just want to play a character but they get clumped into either side of these and fucked over because of each side.

things are priced the way they are because of mallrats with 0 rp standard ruining it for everyone else, it's not gonna change unless they're gone. the prices are stupid as fuck for most cars but they're like that due to dipshits mostly. it's understandable. it is what it is. we can't have nice things until people learn how to RP with some form of realism instead of playing GTA Online with sexting.

and before someone rages at me, no im not belittling either side of rp, just the people that do it bad and ruin it for people that do it well. if your rp's good im not talking about you.

tl;dr - I'd love for prices to be more realistic but it's not gonna happen and shouldn't when GTA RP is the way GTA RP is, so this convo is kinda pointless in my opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
Just now, ????????? said:

this has been a conversation for a while and the only thing it ever does is just cause prices to go up because there's 2 sides to it. there's the people that are like "ree fuck that car make it 800k so less mallrats have it" from someone who's RP consists of drug deals, 50 PKs and OOC fighting 24/7 over what gangs are good, and then there's the side that's just as loud that's all the neon pink elegy and sultan classic drivers evading the police 24/7 and barely rping anything. stuck in the middle is people who actually realize it's roleplay and just want to play a character but they get clumped into either side of these and fucked over because of each side.

things are priced the way they are because of mallrats with 0 rp standard ruining it for everyone else, it's not gonna change unless they're gone. the prices are stupid as fuck for most cars but they're like that due to dipshits mostly. it's understandable. it is what it is. we can't have nice things until people learn how to RP with some form of realism instead of playing GTA Online with sexting.

and before someone rages at me, no im not belittling either side of rp, just the people that do it bad and ruin it for people that do it well. if your rp's good im not talking about you.

tl;dr - I'd love for prices to be more realistic but it's not gonna happen and shouldn't when GTA RP is the way GTA RP is, so this convo is kinda pointless in my opinion.

even that reasoning doesnt seem to apply to these weird prices because the sultan classic and komoda wouldnt be 150k otherwise

• Bash locked this topic