/bad advertisement limit.

Lomadias

1 minute ago, Daquan Kingston said:

Let me say it again to remind you. I want to write that advertisement and lean back, not fight for the spam,  not babysit spammers neither. Why are you so stubborn and have a problem with trying something? What's the worse that can happen, go back?

I really don't need to further explain why it won't work. GTAW management has chimed in on this issue several times already (Just search for it). I'm sure the Developers don't want to spend time coding a "let's just test it to see and then forget it if it doesn't" solution. They've already said that something will be done with the ad system and it's in the development plans.

Edited by Saidin
46 minutes ago, Saidin said:

Report them. It's already in the server rules that businesses should be courteous of others and not spam too many business ads in a short amount of time. Admins are usually quick to go talk to them once reported. I've done it plenty of times. It's already been discussed at length that a queue system won't work for many reasons. It would in fact just increase the time you have to wait to place an ad and nobody wants that.

Reported businesses the last two days, but it doesn't stop them doing it again.
I agree against the queue, but I think locking /bad would be fine.

2 hours ago, Saidin said:

Report them. It's already in the server rules that businesses should be courteous of others and not spam too many business ads in a short amount of time. Admins are usually quick to go talk to them once reported. I've done it plenty of times. It's already been discussed at length that a queue system won't work for many reasons. It would in fact just increase the time you have to wait to place an ad and nobody wants that.

This! If you think this is a concern please report and help to actually solve the issue!

Wouldn't mind a 20-30min timer after a successful /bad either.

Edit:
image.png.9f06f81a4a87d6588d1c86da17f26da9.png

Looks like admins don't care about spamming. Tough luck.

Edited by mj2002
2 hours ago, Saidin said:

I really don't need to further explain why it won't work. GTAW management has chimed in on this issue several times already (Just search for it). I'm sure the Developers don't want to spend time coding a "let's just test it to see and then forget it if it doesn't" solution. They've already said that something will be done with the ad system and it's in the development plans.

Indeed, we're not planning to develop any queue system. A queue is a very bad solution, I experienced it elsewhere and we all had to wait 2 hours before our /ad was up. By 2 hours everyone was offline and gone, it killed every small advertisers and only kept big businesses who could pay staff 2-3 hours before their events to spam the queue.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic