/bad advertisement limit.

Lomadias

Just now, Saidin said:

Be real, it's never going to be just 15 minutes. You'll have at least 10+ people in queue at most times of the day and at 3 minutes per ad, you'll have to wait a minimum of 30 minutes before your ad posts. This also doesn't work for businesses who are actively trying to advertise they have opened for businesses at that time. During peak times, I would imagine the queue would be even longer. It won't work.

I'd still rather wait, and have the possibility to roleplay freely. I already had enough of getting angry and annoyed at this spam competition honestly.

Just now, Daquan Kingston said:

I'd still rather wait, and have the possibility to roleplay freely. I already had enough of getting angry and annoyed at this spam competition honestly.

That is your preference but it wouldn't benefit the server in a positive way. Not everyone has that time to wait. Sometimes people only have an hour or two to play and it makes no sense to have to wait 30 minutes to an hour to get an ad posted during that short time.  Better to come up with a long-term solution rather than a queue that will just create longer wait times for people and businesses to post their ads.

When server peaks at 500+ players, you won't want to wait in that queue to get one measly ad posted. I'm telling you right now. Like I said before, if people are spamming ads over and over and not leaving it open for more people/businesses to post, report them. It's already against the rules to do so.

Edited by Saidin
1 minute ago, Saidin said:

That is your preference but it wouldn't benefit the server in a positive way. Not everyone has that time to wait. Sometimes people only have an hour or two to play and it makes no sense to have to wait 30 minutes to an hour to get an ad posted during that short time.  Better to come up with a long-term solution rather than a queue that will just create longer wait times for people and businesses to post their ads.

I'd rather have a smooth and fair experience most of the day and possibly wait 30 minutes at certain peak times, than constantly fighting with people to spam in time. I think this benefits it better than what it is right now, because this system was made when the server had far less traffic before the quarantine. They can always switch back so I don't see the negative side of trying something else.

I'd rather have a smooth and fair experience most of the day and possibly wait 30 minutes at certain peak times, than constantly fighting with people to spam in time. I think this benefits it better than what it is right now, because this system was made when the server had far less traffic before the quarantine. They can always switch back so I don't see the negative side of trying something else.

30 minutes is only 10 people trying to post ads. You won't have just 10 people posting ads at peak server time. As I said before, some people don't have that kind of time to play at certain times and you're just going to tell them what? Tough luck, guess you can't post an ad? It won't benefit over what's right now. Have you ever been in a server with queued ads? It's horrendous. Sorry, but I see every reason not to try an advertisement queue.

Edited by Saidin
Just now, Saidin said:

30 minutes is only 10 people trying to post ads. You won't have just 10 people posting ads at peak server time. As I said before, some people don't have that kind of time to play and you're just going to tell them what? Tough luck, guess you can't post an ad? It won't benefit over what's right now. Have you ever been in a server with queued ads? It's horrendous. Sorry, but I see every reason not to try an advertisement queue.

Yeah, I've been on LSRP when it had far more players than this server does, and there is the same amount of 3 ads per 3 minutes. It worked like a charm and I never had a problem with it. The reason that the problem happens here is because people have no idea if they will be able to pump their next advertisement or not, so they just spam instead of leaning back.

So they just spam instead of leaning back.

Report them then. I find the Admins take care of it quite quickly when people/businesses are clogging up the ad system. It's against the rules to do it, so it seems the solution is to get them to stop doing it via /report.

Per the server rules:

Advertisements must not be spammed. Players are expected to be courteous when advertising. Posting several ads for the same business in a short period of time is considered a breach of this rule.

Edited by Saidin
1 minute ago, Saidin said:

Report them then. I find the Admins take care of it quite quickly when people/businesses are clogging up the ad system. It's against the rules to do it, so it seems the solution is to get them to stop doing it via /report.

Let me say it again to remind you. I want to write that advertisement and lean back, not fight for the spam,  not babysit spammers neither. Why are you so stubborn and have a problem with trying something? What's the worse that can happen, go back?

Let me say it again to remind you. I want to write that advertisement and lean back, not fight for the spam,  not babysit spammers neither. Why are you so stubborn and have a problem with trying something? What's the worse that can happen, go back?

It’s a mentally issue too, advertising every 3 minutes is stupid and doesn’t somehow magically attract people to your business. It doesn’t matter whether you post 30 ads or 2, people don’t come based on the amount of ads you place. If anything advertising every 15 minutes to cover people who’ve just logged in works much more effectively and is cheaper too!

Just now, eTaylor said:

It’s a mentally issue too, advertising every 3 minutes is stupid and doesn’t somehow magically attract people to your business. It doesn’t matter whether you post 30 ads or 2, people don’t come based on the amount of ads you place. If anything advertising every 15 minutes to cover people who’ve just logged in works much more effectively and is cheaper too!

I know right? Everybody is being constipated from the purpose of facilitating roleplay via advertisements because some sweaty e-millionaires need to spam their shit.

• mj2002 locked this topic