Lower the price of some vehicles.

BigSmileLing

Just now, Marksman said:

I disagree.

Many of the prices have been the same since launch day. There was no economy then. There may have been assumptions and suggestions at where the economy would go, but alas the economy was not set in stone. However the prices of vehicles from day 1 definitely helped to cement the economy for the worse. Grinders spending all day to afford the cars (because houses were not yet in limited supply), fishing or mining. Then as time progressed there became other 'get rich quick' methods. Mechanics, dealerships, etc. 

All because of the poor, poor prices set up from the servers birth. The one thing EVERYONE wanted or needed. A vehicle.

Economy still isn't the best at the moment. Either way, some vehicles are overpriced and underpriced in my opinion.

5 hours ago, Lemon said:

This suggestion has been up since August, there's over 60 replies of support, 1.7k views, multiple staff members support...yet, no response from development. This is clearly an issue. Can we get some sort of acknowledgement from devs?

The problem is, this is not so easy to just 'change'. Everyone agrees with the title because they all want something, and not everyone shares the same considerations. You'll find far less agreements on any proposal that sets new prices for all vehicles, because everyone wants something else. There are a multitude of problems that arise from changing vehicle prices that I haven't really seen addressed here.

• What impact does the change in value have on existing owners, and how is this addressed?
  • What happens to vehicles with outdated retail prices? Currently they're quite rare, but a massive price restructuring could lead to tens of thousands of vehicles having outdated /vstats. Are we going back to scamming each other over Obeys, but then on all vehicles?
  • What is really the extent on all the different factors that should influence pricing? Can someone name and quantify all of them?

This is all very easy to agree to, but not so easy to completely work out, car for car. I saw a vehicle management team being suggested in this thread, or another thread, in the same way that there is a property management team. Maybe that's something to consider. That being said, this seems like a lot of work. Does it justify the benefits? I'm not so sure.

Edited by mj2002
  • mj2002 locked this topic