Revamping the nametags

Nervous

Just now, Bas said:

How would you avoid people trying to use said alias to do  the exact same thing that is trying to be removed here. And how would you avoid people getting in a chase for example, hiding and then changing their alias. To be honest if you want to go this far in combating meta gaming I'd just go for just a player ID above one's head.

You did not understand the suggestion, you set the alias for others, you don't set the alias for yourself. Only you see the alias you set for another player.

No, not only would it look horrible on my screen, it would be hard to follow conversations when everyone is just a number sequence if you haven't met them before. Also, too many people look alike so unless I memorize their ID or put someone as "Guy Who Scammed Me" it might be hard to tell who is who. Not a fan of this idea.

Just now, JustAnM43 said:

Sure they do! But in California you gotta renew your license every 5 years with an updated photo. Have 

In California you can go bald, dye your hair, buy fake hair, shave/grow a beard, dress up as an islamic woman, clown, and do many more things in less time to not appear the same.

Just now, Seaward said:

No, not only would it look horrible on my screen, it would be hard to follow conversations when everyone is just a number sequence if you haven't met them before. Also, too many people look alike so unless I memorize their ID or put someone as "Guy Who Scammed Me" it might be hard to tell who is who. Not a fan of this idea.

Also a very good point!

Honestly I don't support this, as stated there's alot more players who do not metagame than players that do. The Firstname Lastname tag above your character also tells you apart from others, there's no other way in the chatbox to tell your voice apart from others. Just imagine large crowds with ID's shouting, you'd have to look at the chat and scan each player for their ID floating over their head. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Nervous said:

You did not understand the suggestion, you set the alias for others, you don't set the alias for yourself. Only you see the alias you set for another player.

Aah gotcha, then all for it I guess. But why not go for a first name basis only then so you have at least something to mention in /me. Since "/me offers a firm handshake to 459" may look a bit weird.