Map dissapearing on GTA:W, constant CPU stutter, always at 100%.

Tudor

8 hours ago, Rohan. said:

You basically can chuck the SSD anywhere in your pc and connect the wiring, what's the issue with it?

I have the same stuttering issues and texture failing, I've ordered myself an SSD so I'll let you know if it's the fix.

Update : I got my SSD this morning, installed my GTA on it and drove in areas which basically made my game freeze and stutter every 5 seconds ( Davis ). I went to Davis, patrolled there for like 15 minutes without any stutter at all. SSD helped me quite a lot. 

For texture failing, I'll update you but I haven't seen any texture failing yet.

5 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

This is inaccurate information and you shouldnt be discrediting a developer if you don't know what you're talking about.

GTA5 is heavly GPU based as its AI even uses GPU Acceleration for faster computing.

The HDD is a likely option, but not the only one. I heard someone say you played on a laptop; laptop HDD's are as big as regular SSD's.

Swap it out and you're good to go (given you won't need to reinstall Windows).

An other likely option is, wether you like it or not, old age. You shoot electricity through your components and that damages them ever so slightly. After a couple of years, this will become noticable and the damaged parts will require repair or replacement.

An option I deem more reasonable is thermal throttling. The thermal solution between your CPU and the heatspreader lost its effectiveness (its propably old, sometimes it might crumble while its supposed to be a goo-y paste). In order to not damage itself due to overheating, a CPU would drop its working capacity to gain a lower temperature. This has an easy fix of opening up the laptop, taking the heatspreader off, applying new thermal paste of cleaning off the old one (BE SURE TO HAVE THE CPU, AND NOT THE GPU! They look really familiar in a laptop), and then putting everything back ?

Can you make a screenshot of your Task Manager when this behaviour occurs?

Regards, an actual IT graduate..

So, I've swapped my thermal paste around 1 month ago, and that's not a problem. I'm constantly using MSI Afterburner and the CPU and GPU stays around 70*C, and I don't think the laptop's "dying" of old age considering it only has around 2 years, now I'm not an expert and you may be right, but considering I play other, more intensive games just fine, it may be just from RAGEMP. Also, whenever I start up task manager, this happens: https://imgur.com/a/q77qiMc . After just one second, it goes back to normal, or let's say half, because I believe normal would be around 20-30% when only having Discord opened, but instead it's usually at around a 50%.

2 hours ago, Rohan. said:

Update : I got my SSD this morning, installed my GTA on it and drove in areas which basically made my game freeze and stutter every 5 seconds ( Davis ). I went to Davis, patrolled there for like 15 minutes without any stutter at all. SSD helped me quite a lot. 

For texture failing, I'll update you but I haven't seen any texture failing yet.

What space SSD do you have?

I have my game on SSD but sometimes I get stutters that are annoying as fuck, CPU and GPU usage stays low and temps are normal.

When the stutter happens there's really no CPU/GPU usage spike, I monitor it all the time on RivaTuner.

I feel like I have stutters because my SSD doesn't have enough space.

1 hour ago, effion said:

What space SSD do you have?

I have my game on SSD but sometimes I get stutters that are annoying as fuck, CPU and GPU usage stays low and temps are normal.

When the stutter happens there's really no CPU/GPU usage spike, I monitor it all the time on RivaTuner.

I feel like I have stutters because my SSD doesn't have enough space.

I'm not the best guy when it comes to technical troubleshooting but I go by instincts. I had main issue of texture failing, which happens only due to your hdd not providing sufficient speed to load the textures or whatever the math behind it is.

Also, I'm using a crucial sata SSD and I've got 100gb free on it. The SSD being full could be an issue, but I'm not so sure about it.

Also, for your cpu and gpu usage. My CPU usage usually stays full and my GPU keeps hovering between full and a little less than full, since that's how it should be according to me.

Can you mention your specs below? Maybe it could be one of your parts bottlenecking the other one. The less usage usually happens in that scenario.

48 minutes ago, Rohan. said:

I'm not the best guy when it comes to technical troubleshooting but I go by instincts. I had main issue of texture failing, which happens only due to your hdd not providing sufficient speed to load the textures or whatever the math behind it is.

Also, I'm using a crucial sata SSD and I've got 100gb free on it. The SSD being full could be an issue, but I'm not so sure about it.

Also, for your cpu and gpu usage. My CPU usage usually stays full and my GPU keeps hovering between full and a little less than full, since that's how it should be according to me.

Can you mention your specs below? Maybe it could be one of your parts bottlenecking the other one. The less usage usually happens in that scenario.

Specs are CPU: Ryzen 5 1600

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB

RAM: 16GB (8x2 dual channel at 2400MHZ)

SSD is 256GB but I had only 30GB the last time I tried, I removed a game and moved it to HDD and it has 75.5GB now, I will be doing some tests. It's quite annoying with these stutters to be honest

• Bash locked this topic