Set and show character age

At the end of the day, this command itself would be more or less pointless as Syrike already mentioned, I'd like at best for it to be able to show ~approx age group your character would be in, I've known 16 year olds with full on face beards and at the same time people in their twenties who look like they need to show their ID card at the store when buying liquor. One thing for which this should be hard-coded with actual values is for youngsters in the hood who RP 12-16 year olds with sole purpose of trying to powergame their characters acting like adults but at the same time using their IC age as a leverage on the PD.

16 minutes ago, Havana said:

/Attributes & /Examine are already a thing and plenty of people put the age-range of their character in there. Why make it another command?

^^ Exactly.

People can make the effort to set their descriptions and put this info in there so other players can see it.  There they can be as specific or as vague as they want.

• Developer
17 minutes ago, Havana said:

/Attributes & /Examine are already a thing and plenty of people put the age-range of their character in there. Why make it another command?

because half of the community do not fill it out.
We can make this mandatory and have it show, and /ageup to age your char up but never age it down. It makes sense for PD RP as well because there's shit ton of scenes where people do stupid stuff and then throw a /me is 15 years old.

Would be good to see (15+) (20+) (25+) etc after a name

• Thanks 1
Just now, St3fan[NL] said:

We can make this mandatory and have it show, and /ageup to age your char up but never age it down. It makes sense for PD RP as well because there's shit ton of scenes where people do stupid stuff and then throw a /me is 15 years old.

How about people that are younger than they look, or vice versa? This won't really change anything. It takes a whole ass /do How old does *INSERT NAME HERE* appear to be? And that's it. Having numbers next to names is gonna look pretty ugly and won't solve anything.

I was just about to write something similar to this, but you explained it way better then I was about to ? so thanks for that.

Just now, JustAnM43 said:

How about people that are younger than they look, or vice versa? This won't really change anything. It takes a whole ass /do How old does *INSERT NAME HERE* appear to be? And that's it. Having numbers next to names is gonna look pretty ugly and won't solve anything.

I run into people on the daily that never reply to those /do's about their age.

• Developer
Just now, JustAnM43 said:

Because you cannot do a /do for EVERYONE you interact with. Especially not in a huge group where there's already a lot of chat spam.

If you are that concerned about your looks fill out /attributes

• Upvote 1

Because you cannot do a /do for EVERYONE you interact with. Especially not in a huge group where there's already a lot of chat spam.

If you are that concerned about your looks fill out /attributes

Why not make /attributes mandatory then? This has been a suggestion for ages. At the very least make the whole age /tog-able cause it looks terrible next to names.

• Upvote 1