Bring more RP to Sandy Shores/Grapeseed/Paleto Bay

SpeccsOps

Short description:

Bring more players, and therefore more RP to the rural areas of LS such as Grapeseed, Sandy Shores and Paleto Bay.

Detailed description:

We all know that probably 75% of RP currently occurs in LS, through the form of nightclubs and other events like car meets and such. Whilst Blaine County is experiencing a massive growth in players over the past couple of months (due to some factions being shut down, not throwing any names out there), I think this can be further progressed through the addition of some very small changes. 

Blaine County, and the characters within it, hold massive RP value on this server due to the complete contrast from, and I hate to use the term, mallrats. I think the main issue with Blaine County is how remote it is, and therefore how little services are available.

For example, two very small stores that do however hold a massive weight, are phone stores and plastic surgery stores. There are two/three of each in LS but not a single one north of the border. Adding one or two of these to Sandy Shores/Grapeseed would not only be a massive convenience to the player base already situated there, but also make it more appealing to people who don't want to have to keep making trips (I'm assuming Grapeseed out-of-state and therefore a hefty drive in RP sense. One someone might not make just to purchase a phone IRL).  I understand there may not be any lore-friendly stores to use as such, like there are for phone stores in LS - however I think the whole player-base would agree that we can over-look what it might say above a store if it means we don't have to travel all the way down to LS for a phone/nose-job.

My second part to this suggestion, would be to add a new spawnpoint, licencing agency and rental car company in Paleto Bay. This is the complete polar opposite of the map, and people joining the server shouldn't have to be forced to spawn in south LS. The licencing agency could probably be within the Sheriff's office currently at Paleto bay, and the spawn points/rental car places could be up to admin discretion. This part of the suggestion is not my main focus, however I do think it would help in bringing a lot of new players to the other side of town.

More housing would also be good, but I assume PM are already working on that. 

I believe with the rise in players in Blaine County, this would also give the Sheriff's department more to do to discourage them from travelling down to LS to support the LSPD. 

Commands to add:

N/A

Items to add:

N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?

It would discourage the standard 'mallrat' bar scene RP, and encourage more players to partake in the rural type of RP that a lot of people are missing out on. It would also make it a hell of a lot easier for people already residing in Blaine County. 

Additional information:

With regards to housing, spawn points, phone and plastic surgery stores, rental companies and licencing agencies - I have not put in the necessary work to locate available locations for these but if the admins deem this suggestion worthy, then I will happily do my best to source these for you. 

Come on people, and together, let's... 

ZhlTd6Q.jpg

(I encourage constructive criticism on this post, so if you disagree please let me know in case there's a way I can edit it ? )

Edited by SpeccsOps
  • Upvote 10
  • Applaud 1

Support! I’ve been having similar thoughts recently. Some other suggestions:

• More mechanic garages in Blaine County. It may be due to my time zone but I’ve never seen one open.
  • The addition of a second trucker depot (e.g. in Paleto). I’d recommend restricting this to perhaps the more senior trucker roles to reflect the vehicles you’d expect to see see driving on the highways: Mule/Benson/Pounder.
  • An option to spawn in Sandy or Paleto - I’m sure there are bus stops which would be suitable.

I’m hoping that the upcoming farming script/job (recent dev blog) will open up more opportunities for county RP.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

Well, you might be in luck as update 1.9 adds the farmer job, which new players are encouraged to partake. At the end of May (hopefully) you'll most likely see a surge of players RPing there, so it's quite a suitable time to start making rural faction applications!

I am in agreement with this suggestion and want to highlight a few things.

Currently, you can select to spawn at your last location or the airport at Los Santos and when you create a new character, it will also spawn there. How cool and stimulating for roleplay would it be to have another spawn location at Sandy Shores. This will encourage people who are more in the county type of RP to use those options and it would bring back more activity. Instead of coming via a plane, they will come via a boat.

Having shops like surgery a phone store in both Sandy Shores and Paleto Bay will stop people from having to go to the city for such a small thing. In real life, those shops would be in their village. 

Being able to rent a car or even do your driver license test there would also be a huge plus for the community there.

All but all, I can only see this as a positive suggestion. It will stop people who want to keep RPing in the county to have to go to the city for small things. It would keep more activity in the county and I'm afraid that with the upcoming update, we will see a lot of tractors drive by, but barely any citizen.

Edited by Tseard
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Tseard said:

Currently, you can select to spawn at your last location or the airport at Los Santos and when you create a new character, it will also spawn there. How cool and stimulating for roleplay would it be to have another spawn location at Sandy Shores. This will encourage people who are more in the county type of RP to use those options and it would bring back more activity. Instead of coming via a plane, they will come via a boat.

Having shops like surgery a phone store in both Sandy Shores and Paleto Bay will stop people from having to go to the city for such a small thing. In real life, those shops would be in their village. 

Being able to rent a car or even do your driver license test there would also be a huge plus for the community there.

All but all, I can only see this as a positive suggestion. It will stop people who want to keep RPing in the county to have to go to the city for small things. It would keep more activity in the county and I'm afraid that with the upcoming update, we will see a lot of tractors drive by, but barely any citizen.

Along with the farm job, this would make Sandy Shores waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more appealing!

11 hours ago, Tseard said:

All awesome suggestions there, happy for them to be involved in the main one. I think a Spawn Point would be the main one. 

12 hours ago, Tseard said:

How cool and stimulating for roleplay would it be to have another spawn location at Sandy Shores.

Awesome idea, I would love to see this. As Nervous wrote in the last devblog: "We'll push new players out in the county to make sure they learn the basic concepts of the server without disturbing others as right now they're all joining the trucking job."

sooooo hopefully we will see more life in the county in the upcoming few months. 

Edited by liafriuli
  • mj2002 locked this topic