Fixing the Housing Crisis & Repairing the Economy

eMe

Just now, eMe said:

I think you misinterpret my comments about 3x fees, again please do not focus too heavily on this point it's not a key point as part of the thread as a whole and the first three points are the most important. 

My argument for this is if 10 people offer the full 3x market price buyout at the same time, who do you pick!!! 

This is already a problem as you can see from the link above both people offering the buyout at the same time which cannot be raised... 

Rock paper scissors! 

1 hour ago, eMe said:

I think you misinterpret my comments about 3x fees, again please do not focus too heavily on this point it's not a key point as part of the thread as a whole and the first three points are the most important. 

My argument for this is if 10 people offer the full 3x market price buyout at the same time, who do you pick!!! 

This is already a problem as you can see from the link above both people offering the buyout at the same time which cannot be raised... 

Hows that my problem they can pick whoever they want to. Or whoever was first

2 hours ago, ????????? said:

Knowing how unreasonably priced everything else usually is with taxes, I can't support it even though I think it's a great idea. I'm really not trying to pay another 282749823794k a month when the cars are already ridiculous even still. I think where it's at is fine, RP standard is more the issue. However I do like the idea of the multiple house thing. I usually have like a little secondary apartment on my more wealthy characters that I rent out icly to give me a little side rp from time to time when I'm checking up on the place and collecting rent etc, and the 30% charge for that 2nd place isnt too much of a big deal. The whole hoarding and flipping problem is ridiculous, so that could be a great deterrent to that. But the bills and taxes on already owned properties I just see ending up being just another road tax thing with 50K taxes on 30k apartments (exaggeration for my point) and I can't really say yeah to that. The insurance prices are ridiculous enough on most cars, rather not add to the problem with properties too.

Absolutely this. I do a roleplay job and even though IRL I'd be paid a very very very decent sum, here I don't because people don't feel like RP-ing at a mechanic's garage for more than 10 minutes and I refuse to just mod someone's shit and go. I focus on roleplay and I shouldn't get punished by having to pay a ton of tax and bills out the ass. Insurance is already enough as it is, and people that do roleplay jobs get fucked over in the end.

I've been thinking about this a lot also and I think the problem is more the players than the system. Some points 

The only server rule revision should be a how often people can buy from the server. Say once every 6 months.  It needs to be recognised that prices from the server are undervalued and should be seen as kick starters,not short cuts to owning multiple homes or flipping

If people can flip from IG purchases good luck to them. That is good business. 

The actual house market prices should be unregulated. It is a relatively free economy and people pay what they can afford. 

On this basis I think people need to be a lot more role play concious in relation to their line of work, age and true liklihood of owning the property they buy. Personally I don't understand grinding but if people do this I think they should self regulate what assets they have.  If people stopped buying property that don't fit the character then prices would stop rising and other  controls wouldnt be needed (i know this will never happen) 

On this basis I totally support the process behind high end house ownership. It is a way of controlling quality which hopefully in turn bring up overall rp background quality, which in turn will promote self regulation. 

Finally i would love to see more realistic renting. More closed usage of property where people can add furniture and inv etc would reduce the demand for owership. Professional Landlords should be required to rent properties in a more rp manner and know the tenant. 

I feel like if you managed to think of this, someone in the Property Management team has also internally discussed this or are even on the trajectory to implement some of these changes. I too would like to see some of these changes so I'm supporting this suggestion.

I think a regulated auction house, being the advertisement section would greatly improve how properties are sold, adding a format and set of rules of how each auction listing has to be. If you place a bid and it's acknowledged, it's locked in so you don't have the same person bidding on 5 properties then withdrawing when they find something else.

10 minutes ago, DjoleK said:

Cut everyones assets in half. Will it anger a lot of people? Yes. Will it fix economy? Yes.

It really does not solve anything, it's all relative everything will just be half as expensive but still just as unaffordable for the people who can already not afford it. 

• mj2002 locked this topic