Vehicle maintenance

Puglad

On 5/9/2020 at 6:03 PM, ImTheRealHusky said:

The current vehicle maintenance thing literally promotes RPG and less RPing just to afford to pay maintenance on a car that doesn't require an engine rebuild every 1.5k miles lol

I agree, just make it more realistic, don't give us the 'if you can't afford it, don't buy it', no, that shit's not realistic, straight up.

+1

I wasn't aware the maintenance fees double and that could easily make even a reasonable car end up with ridiculous maintenance costs. 

That the maintenance of the vehicle is doubled every time is horrible and nonsense, it should be a fixed price, there will come a point where it will be useless to maintain the vehicle because of how expensive it will be.

The price of maintenance doesn't rise as much when you do it IRL, nor do we have the option of swapping the engines and installing new ones, this system only encourages the farm

Edited by BigSmileLing

Doubling maintenance fees is stupid and won't help anything. People are gonna clock 2k miles on their cars, sell them and buy new ones so they don't pay double/triple the maintenance. Not sure why it's a thing even. As a mechanic, I should not be getting 20-30 grand for maintaining a 4-6 thousand miles vehicle.

I've owned my car in real life for 4 years, I bought it used already with 120,xxx ish miles on it. It now has 140,xxx on it and the only things I've had to do are 4 new tires, which was about $375 with install. And my starter went bad recently, and that was $352 with parts, labor, and the vehicle tow. I get free oil changes for life from the dealership I got the car from as well. Oh and a new battery, $105. That is $832 of maintenance over the course of 4 years. **Off topic, please fix insurance also. **MSRP of the vehicle in 2006 was 26,000 ish. So it's not like a cheap vehicle. 

Edited by Devastante
  • 1 month later...