Minimum age for characters?

Westen

I personally believe that underage RP is kinda sus, but that's just me. People can roleplay anything they want as long as they fit the setting (and don't break any rules, obviously) and underage/juvie roleplay is necessary when you look at RL cliques with kids doing shit like that all the time. That being said, RPing a juvie shouldn't make you immune to the consequences of your character's actions: play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Upvote 2

In chicago kids shoot for fun, because they see in music videos and think it's cool, pretty sure in US alone in the hood areas you see kids running around with guns and shooting. that's how easily kids are influence by what they see in their enviroment on a daily basis or rappers music videos that rap about murder and guns.

• Upvote 1

I don't think a hard restriction on age makes sense; it wouldn't promote good characters, since the culprits would move on from roleplaying shitty 15 years olds to shitty 18 year olds. It's been noted that gangs very often recruit underage people and such a limitation would be a big hamper on that, just to get rid of some bad characters.

Edited by arrdef
1 minute ago, arrdef said:

I don't think a hard restriction on age makes sense; it wouldn't promote good characters, since the culprits would move on from roleplaying shitty 15 years olds to shitty 18 year olds. It's been noted that gangs very often recruit underage people and such a limitation would be a big hamper on that, all of that to get rid of some bad characters.

Yes, it's RP Quality Factions job to eliminate bad roleplayers from the server. There shouldn't be limitations on most things. Even existing limitations that hinder RP and Character development. If there's bad roleplayers around then RP Quality Faction is lacking in performance.

Edited by Arabella
27 minutes ago, Arabella said:

Could we stop using movies as an example for realistic RP? No not everyone is an empathic caring human being that will feel remorse after killing someone. 
Quite the opposite, the majority wouldn't blink an eye. Travel around look at the world and you see that your first world countries propaganda in movies is meant to scare us away from killing each other over every non-sense.

Sounds harsh but don't be so naïve and project an empathic persons traits onto every character.

Edit
How I like to refer to it in German:  "Volkserziehung" 

I didnt mean it like that, I just tried to use my characters behavior to explain how Ive rped as a 14 year old, commiting my first homicide IC, of course Individuals will change and probably become cold hearted (wont blink an eye) Im not doubting that. 

Edited by Enrique

If u make a age restriction then ur fucking up entire factions rp and forcing people to age their char up unrealistically. Full grown adults cannot be manipulated and used as drug dealers/carriers, which is an essential part of illegal RP. 

To the PD complaining, it is not unrealistic to taze someone for running just because they rp underage, and it is not unrealistic to treat a child acting violently as an adult. But you 100% have time to /examine if everyone is standing still and the situation is calm. I have had great rp with PD while rping underage and neither side had a problem, everyone here is making a problem out of nothing IMO

• Upvote 1

How about, if a player is underage, his nametag is a different color? At least, we would be able to know at nametag range if someone is underage, then we can do /examine if we need to know more details about it?

We have some people RPing underage really well, some don't... It's the same for everything on that server, even for cops, bikers, etc... The main issue here, there is no way without /examine (And that's if the person as a description) to know if someone is underage just by looking at them for now, maybe one day we will be able to play with the height, weight, etc.. But for now, everyone look like adult and you don't always have the time to ask the person in the heat of action and your actions might be different if you know that you're facing a kid in front of you. So it's all about, what can we do to fix that until we have better tools to do it.

Edited by Mytrix
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Exploits said:

still thinks that a kid on a bicycle who he can arrest at any time is abusing their power and has too much clout over the police. Really?

What?

Also, there's more to this discussion than just roleplay quality, such as identifying underaged characters through dynamic situations where the use of /examine isn't always feasible.

Edited by Westen
7 minutes ago, Westen said:

What?

Also, there's more to this discussion than just roleplay quality, such as identifying underaged characters through dynamic situations where the use of /examine isn't always feasible.

My bad, I had fucked up while editing. It was less a targeting of you specifically, and more towards officers at large. I am constantly hearing people in our faction whinge on and on about 'youth RPers bad' on TS, Discord, et. al. and it's tiresome as hell.

Realistically and as has been outlined, cops have no problem shooting kids to death in America. Feel free to Google that, there's a news controversy on the subject pretty much every month. Players who assume they'll be exempt from certain forms of state violence due to their age are sorely mistaken, and what their /examine says or their /b responses after the fact might claim are utterly irrelevant. Again, this circles back to Player Reports.

Edited by Exploits