Removal of automatic /me upon /take and /place

20 minutes ago, liq said:

It makes no sense for any law enforcement officer to go around with a rifle slung on their chest while driving or inside a vehicle. Nevertheless to say it's a pain in the ass to carry all the equipment one carries to begin with. If it does happen without any kind of justification, then that's an issue: of portrayal, and of blatant playing to win.

If this happens due to specific circumstances (warrant execution, special weapons teams doing stuff, tac alerts, etc) then I don't see the problem in that. The problem is shootouts happening on the go and police roleplayers deciding to engage when they rather wouldn't just because it's easy to /take 1 and it gives one an automatic emote. That way I'm very sure a lot of people are going to think twice about engaging when they actually have to type out an emote to take out a long gun.

Where did I say having a rifle sling on your chest while driving, that is nonsensical. I get the argument and I support it, however just like illegal and civilian RPers, LEO RPers still portray vastly different characters, some of which do not follow guidelines that they should be, hence why certain people get into certain situations. My reasoning is if I'm doing something I know my character will need a rifle or shotgun for and he knows it too, why the hell wouldn't he be prepared ahead of time? 

Either way the removal isn't a bad idea, I'm just saying it's not as black and white as people see it and there are rules surrounding it, the question is however blatantly apparent, are people actually following these rules?

• Upvote 2

+1
If everyone else has to rp taking a rifle out, then why should law enforcement have it printed out for them?
Alternative fix to this: rewrite the ass-pulling rule so you don't have to type out an emote of taking a big gun out if the opposing side already has one out or there's active shooting. Even the playing field.

Disagree with this. We aren’t the ones taking out M4’s to light people up on the block. We’re taking M4’s to put an end to it. We don’t patrol with it in our hands so it’d be a terrible idea to make us write out a line of RP. It’s so easy to get away with murder on this server anyways. 

I’m supporting this as well. No one, especially a LEO would take the time to dismount their rifle as quickly as I’ve seen in some videos of players on this server. They’ll get the hell out of there, then deploy their rifle from a distance... or they’ll use the weapon at their hip.

49 minutes ago, Saccs said:

Disagree with this. We aren’t the ones taking out M4’s to light people up on the block. We’re taking M4’s to put an end to it. We don’t patrol with it in our hands so it’d be a terrible idea to make us write out a line of RP. It’s so easy to get away with murder on this server anyways. 

It’s not your job to put an “end” to anything, man. You’re just supposed to portray a realistic LEO. The rifle is never mounted in a “center rack” for a normal patrol deputy or officer anyway. It should be roleplayed out and taken out in circumstances that warrant it. It’s not used as an instant “I’m going to win this PvP scenario now.” 

• Applaud 1
2 hours ago, Saccs said:

People also don't drive around with a riles/shotguns in their laps all the time. They have to write out a line of RP for it. Why should you get special treatment? What's the justification for you needing an auto-line to write it out when everyone else has to write it out? Not meaning to sound rude, I'm legitimately curious as to your reasoning for it.

Edited by Chief
1 hour ago, Chief said:

People also don't drive around with a riles/shotguns in their laps all the time. They have to write out a line of RP for it. Why should you get special treatment? What's the justification for you needing an auto-line to write it out when everyone else has to write it out? Not meaning to sound rude, I'm legitimately curious as to your reasoning for it.

We have a gun rack between the front and passenger seat so idk why you think we’re driving with it in our laps.

3 minutes ago, Saccs said:

We have a gun rack between the front and passenger seat so idk why you think we’re driving with it in our laps.

I never suggested that you did. I was implying that people carry their guns either in the trunk or tucked away and have to write out a line of RP to take it out if it can't be scrolled. Could you answer my question, please? You seem to have avoided it completely.

Edited by Chief
3 hours ago, Saccs said:

Your point is contradicting itself. Of course we don't patrol with it in our hands, so it should be roleplayed to be taken out.

• Syrike locked this topic