Removal of automatic /me upon /take and /place

Short description: Remove the automatic /me upon /take (weapon ID) from law enforcement.

Detailed description: Remove the automatic action output into the chat and change it to get an OOC notification that you retrieved a specific weapon. The person then still has to roleplay taking his weapon from the trunk, gun rack or wherever it is stored. One could argue that it's also asspulling, considering you just write a small command and the rest is done for you already. While I can understand that sometimes people have to take action in the heat of the moment, people should also take the time to roleplay this properly and not just use the command and run to the fight.

Commands to add: None.

Items to add: None.

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would bring more roleplay in people retrieving firearms from a vehicle, removes an automatic /me that does the roleplay for you. Less asspulling situations. 

Additional information: Upon doing /take and /place from a vehicle, this is the automatic output it gives.

SB1BH26.png

• Upvote 12

I have to agree. Not only is it abused to hell and back where people will just do /take 1, hop out and start spraying, but it also gets convoluted when someone wants to do a /me of taking a weapon from the rack but the automatic /me is still put out when you run the command.

I'm a big advocate for fairness between LEO and illegal rpers, and when you get a carbine rifle given to you after a /take command with an emote already being automatically put out, it certainly puts one of the people at a clear-cut advantage.

• Upvote 1
Just now, rams said:

I have to agree. Not only is it abused to hell and back where people will just do /take 1, hop out and start spraying, but it also gets convoluted when someone wants to do a /me of taking a weapon from the rack but the automatic /me is still put out when you run the command.

I'm a big advocate for fairness between LEO and illegal rpers, and when you get a carbine rifle given to you after a /take command with an emote already being automatically put out, it certainly puts one of the people at a clear-cut advantage.

Very well said. This change is really needed to make the RP fair for both sides.

I can't disagree more. You want us to type a whole sentence then a cmd while we are getting shot at or while in a pursuit? Hell no. I don't know the rules about hopping out of a car with a  weapon, but if anything, nobody should be forced to RP it. The /me does nothing but give the other party an advantage by giving them a heads up. It has no significance because you can actually see him doing the action. It's like doing /me is walking and then starts walking, it's just absurd and useless.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

I can't disagree more. You want us to type a whole sentence then a cmd while we are getting shot at or while in a pursuit? Hell no. I don't know the rules about hopping out of a car with a  weapon, but if anything, nobody should be forced to RP it. The /me does nothing but give the other party an advantage by giving them a heads up. It has no significance because you can actually see him doing the action. It's like doing /me is walking and then starts walking, it's just absurd and useless.

You are taking a big firearm from a gunrack or a trunk of a vehicle, this is noticeable by the people around you and thus you should create a /me. Having an automatic /me is the same like asspulling or pressing a bind to do it for you. If you are getting shot at, you should take cover and role play retrieving the firearm. Criminals need to do the same exact thing so why should cops not have to do it?

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

While i understand your concerns about being lit up, while trying to come up with an elaborate /me to grab a long gun, I think this implementation could lend itself to them being utilized more conservatively. Which is a good thing in itself, in my book. There's also the fact, that rifles are usually either deployed when there's time to prepare accordingly (meaning you should be able to push out a /me), or not at all,  because they're going to be locked/in a secure container. Which makes them an arguably bad option for in-the-moment self defense when under fire.

Edited by Five-oh
2 minutes ago, Humour said:

I disagree. We're all meant to roleplay this as accurate as we can when we have the time for it. When we do not have the time, we've been told that doing /take 1 is enough just because of the automatic /me. 

When would one not have time? If you are actively being shot at, you should make a priority to get in cover or get out of the area, instead of sitting still and taking out a rifle.

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, Humour said:

I disagree. We're all meant to roleplay this as accurate as we can when we have the time for it. When we do not have the time, we've been told that doing /take 1 is enough just because of the automatic /me. 

I think there's seriously something going wrong with the standard of roleplay if /take 1 is being promoted as an auto emote instead of typing your own /me. If a normal person has to do a /me of retrieving their long gun without any sort of auto command, then why should we get one? It's unfair.

Edited by rams
  • Syrike locked this topic